Matai out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It also might be an idea to tone down your potty mouth. It denotes a certain level of education.

Makes sense to me.

Weigh up his pros and cons this year and you don't break even.

So he's been injured, who cares. Doesn't mean you have to act like a **** wit off the field.

It also might be an idea to tone down your potty mouth. It denotes a certain level of education.

We had this discussion privately Ryan and you know full well youve thrown "potty mouth" stuff at me and others before. So try not to sound holier than thou OK.

Ryan, I am waiting for your criticism of Anthony Watmough, who has also been on report and had issues off-field.

Don't let the media rule ones head. Love Matai or hate him, he has missed one game this year due to a poor tackle in a game in which he had impact. The rest is injury. (though there is more than one side to the 'waitress story'.

I was a massive Matai critic but his form at the back end of last season was great and when he has been on the field this season he was also great, some of those hits on the storm players really lift a side, he has that ability.

I dont rate Matai, never have and never will he had two good games int eh finals last year and that was it.

He is the weakest link in the team and I am shocked that people cant see that.

I think it is time to take the mighty Silvertails site back to our founding days before we become complacent.

I am baying for blood here.

Matai is useless, I am shocked we let Burns go, Lyon should be in the centre and Matai in reserve grade if anywhere at all.

He is now the new Jye Mullane!

And Canteen Worker - yes, Choc is one of my favourite players...no...THE favourite, so yeah, it killed me when I heard about what he did to Miss Rixon.

"never have and never will" about sums it up

There will never be an objective opinion on him

When he is on the park he is a good player for us, he adds plenty to the side, and you would be foolish to get rid of a young player that is only going to get better.

And Canteen Worker - yes, Choc is one of my favourite players...no...THE favourite, so yeah, it killed me when I heard about what he did to Miss Rixon.
'Allegedly did". Whilst there is often smoke near fire, there is many a smear on footballers who have to deal with idiots.

Would you rather Neumann or Beaver in the Centres or Matai is the reall question? Whilst I preferred Alberts to Mata, I think we miss his metres in getting out from our line and his enthusiasm in defence. He is still raw and if he can cut out the silly stuff he can be very good.

Yeah, that comment from Dan stinks of bull****. "Never will." What a ridiculous thing to say.

You go ask anyone of the players if they'd like to have Matai out there with them and i'm sure you'd get 16 blokes saying they'd love to have him out there... Cuthbo might be the lone vote against him.

The hits he pulls off not only lifts the team but it genuinely makes opponents fear running to his side. The 100+ metres he makes out of dummy half when the forwards are poked, struggling to get back into position are a deadset god send to the big boys.

If you learnt anything from QLD's origin win.. it's that when the backs are making good metres when the forwards can't it makes for a more dominant team performance and not one of the backs in our team makes more metres out of dummy half than Matai.... it is much like what Hoppa used to do.

\"never have and never will\" about sums it up

There will never be an objective opinion on him

When he is on the park he is a good player for us, he adds plenty to the side, and you would be foolish to get rid of a young player that is only going to get better.

Why cant you see the weak for what they are.

He is the weakest link in the team, lets not get teary eyed just because he is a Kiwi, fact is he is the worst of our regular first graders

I can't see what you see because i am doing it with both eyes open

The actual facts are in our last 6 games last season, Kite was the only man on the park playing better than him. In his 2 full games this season, he has again been among the best on the park

So yeah, nowhere near the worst

[quote author=Ryan]
'Allegedly did". Whilst there is often smoke near fire, there is many a smear on footballers who have to deal with idiots.

Would you rather Neumann or Beaver in the Centres or Matai is the reall question? Whilst I preferred Alberts to Mata, I think we miss his metres in getting out from our line and his enthusiasm in defence. He is still raw and if he can cut out the silly stuff he can be very good.

[/quote]

CW, I would have gone with:-

3. Lyon
4. Bell
6. Monaghan
7. Orford
9. Ballin

14. Halden

It basically how we were winning in the early rounds.
Des seems to want to change up winning combinations.
But when we are losing, he sticks to his guns no matter (Walker at fullback for 10 or so rounds for example with Mullane at 5/8 !!!!)

On current form this is a good call Ryan. I do think that Burns offers more at five-eighth than Monaghan as he and Orford get in each other's road.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2