Matai injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
mickqld said:
Is it any surprise when their grub coach was schooled under the chief cheat of the game Martina. It was a typical grub act from a team that can't win unless they're allowed to bend the rules by pissweak refs. They are s..t and always have been. Did anyone see that loser with the Souths flag with 2012 & 2013 crossed out & 2014 premiers on it. They're just a sad excuse for a club with a bunch of moron supporters that are living in la la land.
sheridanstand78 said:
Was this a square up for when Skivvy smashed this piece of vermin at Brooky last year?

This guy has to do significant time, its a clear chicken wing.

The vermin do resemble the drizzle, wrestling, grappling and slowing the game down.

Yes, as mentioned by Ramrod last night with this post in the 'The Aftermath & My Diatribe (Rnd 22)' thread, there is a link in his post that directs you to a Peter FitzSimmons SMH article from August last year titled "It seems a pattern of brutality is emerging here, Mr Maguire" that points out Souths Dirty Tactics and Maguire's link to the Storm.

Early reports say at least 2 weeks out

Jethro said:
mickqld said:
Is it any surprise when their grub coach was schooled under the chief cheat of the game Martina. It was a typical grub act from a team that can't win unless they're allowed to bend the rules by pissweak refs. They are s..t and always have been. Did anyone see that loser with the Souths flag with 2012 & 2013 crossed out & 2014 premiers on it. They're just a sad excuse for a club with a bunch of moron supporters that are living in la la land.
sheridanstand78 said:
Was this a square up for when Skivvy smashed this piece of vermin at Brooky last year?

The vermin do resemble the drizzle, wrestling, grappling and slowing the game down.

Yes, as mentioned by Ramrod last night with this post in the 'The Aftermath & My Diatribe (Rnd 22)' thread, there is a link in his post that directs you to a Peter FitzSimmons SMH article from August last year titled "It seems a pattern of brutality is emerging here, Mr Maguire" that points out Souths Dirty Tactics and Maguire's link to the Storm.

And with relation to the article look at the date (month not year) - I believe a deliberate tactic to try to rub a key player out for the finals is being employed.

Read today that its his shoulder.

Hopefully its not too bad and we can rest him till finals week, so he comes back hitting hard.

voicefromthehill said:
Early reports say at least 2 weeks out

Jethro said:
mickqld said:
sheridanstand78 said:

And with relation to the article look at the date (month not year) - I believe a deliberate tactic to try to rub a key player out for the finals is being employed.

Yeah, I did notice the date and that's why I mentioned it in my post. It does sound like a deliberate tactic to try to rub a key player out for the finals doesn't it :mad:

@ Mitch

Two weeks off for Skivvy could be a blessing in disguise... He's had a BEAST of a year, and we NEED his skills/aggression/heart coming into the finals.

However... As far as I'm concerned Butgess and iLuke should be off the field AT LEAST as long... I reckon that Luke is just as culpable as the pommy grub.

Edit: Jorge struggled a fair bit (fitness/attitude/idunno?) and I'd put Cheyse Blair ahead of him atm. He's really impressed with his attitude and effort when he's filled in, certainly knows how to tackle and score a try but is also tall enough to compete under the high ball against the usual kick-to-the-AFL style winger game plan used so much these days..

sheridanstand78 said:

YES (As @Jethro and voice etc etc are saying) too.

This is the exact talk with mates here today...

George Burgess' gutless get-square for Skivi's monster-hit.

No doubt fully condoned and encouraged by Maguire and co.

You can bet it's not the end of the matter; even if the No Real Leadership take no action.

Our blokes will (or they better) next time we meet!

Reports are he will be out two weeks.
If that holds that is great. A good rest for his legs and Manly should be able to take care of Gold Coast and hopefully Parra without him.
The injury might cost Manly the minor premiership but in the end it doesn't really matter does it as long as all players are healthy for the semis.
NYEagle

Yeah I think Blair deserves his spot (ESP for the Parra game!)

And whilst the minor premiership isn't essential, I was warming to the idea quite a lot.

To still wrangle it now somehow also gives the Rabbids (and Burgess) the royal-finger too!

At least two weeks apparently.

Manly centre Steve Matai is expected to miss at least two matches after again injuring his shoulder in Friday night's loss to South Sydney.

The Sea Eagles centre was forced off after just seven minutes after suffering the injury in a tackle involving Rabbitohs forwards Issac Luke and George Burgess.

The latter could have a case to answer after appearing to perform a "chicken wing" on Matai, who has a long history of shoulder problems.

The incident was not placed on report but is likely to be scrutinised by the match review committee.

Matai went for scans on Saturday morning, with the results expected later that night.

However, the early indications are he will miss at least a fornight of football.

When asked if the Kiwi international was the victim of foul play, Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey said: "Yes, I believe so" before adding that Souths "just wrestled the crap out of us".

Manly forward James Hasson said Matai's absence for much of the blockbuster was a blow to their chances.

"Losing a player like Skivvy is a massive lose and it probably just affected our structure a bit," Hasson told the club's website.

"Skivvy does a lot of work for us coming out of our own end."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles-centre-steve-matai-to-miss-two-weeks-with-shoulder-injury-20140809-1028xw.html

It was a chicken wing/arm-bar submission hold worthy of the UFC.

If Skivi's out for a fortnight, Burgess should cop the same!

It may well freshen Skivi up, but what if the same tactic's applied in a final or even a grand final?

This is the new world order in rugby league and needs to be stamped out ASAP.

Especially since you can't punch a bloke for a dog-act like that.

I'd send a couple off for it (at least to the bin). They'll soon learn the hard way.

I am relieved to hear that Skivvy has minimum time out for this injury.

G Burgess and Luke need to put away for at least a month for that tackle.

Straight out of the Melbourne drizzle handbook that Madge learnt from Martina.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8