Matai, Ballin and Lyon...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
These 3 have been great players, but they seem to be really struggling this year.
With skivvy and Bails the have 2 more years left on their contracts We need Hodges to be getting game time otherwise he will move on .

Killer hasn't threatened all year and has coppped an injury tonight. And goalkicking been sub standard

I'm thinking Chris Lawrence could be a value purchase moving forward ? He hasn't had good halves feeding him since Benji, maybe DCE could improve his game.

FFS serious, we have CAT forwards, so skivvy and killer have no go forward to do ANYTHING, as for ballin the man done 54 tackles again tonight he can't attack and defend at the same time..!!!!!!

Jamie has struggled this year, Ballin has seemed painfully slow out of dummy half at times but Skivvy is still moving beautifully with the ball in hand. His footwork looks great and he's lost no speed (Killer seems to have lost a yard or two) but he's missing a few tackles.

Tough times. I'm not going to call for their heads yet..

Hodges need to be in the team. Most teams use two hookers to good effect, in attack we have nothing in this regard at the moment.

Not sure if Lyon has had this many injuries in a season before.

I'm beginning to wonder if Killer and Skivy will hang up their boots at the end of this season. Killer can't seem to stay on the park for more than 2 or 3 games without getting injured, and Skivy's neck and shoulders must be giving him hell after every game.

Skivy never had pace to begin with, though he hasn't lost any of what he did have. But his missed tackle count keeps on mounting up.

Killer does look unfit compared to what we have seen in the past. His goal kicking is really no worse than its been for the past couple of years, but its almost to the point where if we don't score under or near the posts, tries won't be converted, or only a small amount of them will be. Kicked 15 from 20 this year, but I would bet that only 2 or 3 have been from out wide.

As hookers don't always run for a squillion metres, Ballin could probably go another year or two. But I would definitely have Hodges on the bench for at least the rest of this year. The amount of tackles Ballin does would surely catch up to him in the latter minutes of each half so being able to give him a rest and bring on a fresh Hodges would be a benefit.

If our forwards added grunt in their play our backs would be doing better. Someone needs to put some anger into our forwards, it's upsetting watching them get done.

Ballin needs to start doing forward passes like most of the other hookers

But that would mean fellow forwards actually running hard and taking the ball on the advantage line.

Other than Leary, Jake, Burgess and Horo.....our forwards are making me hope we sign Lussick.

Lui was nothing more than a passenger tonight. Two runs for 18 metres is nowhere near good enough. And Mason wasn't much better - 4 runs for 36 metres.

I think a fair KPI for a front rower is 100 metres per game, we dont get that consistently, we are conceding far too many as well, we need to do better at the ruck.

Plain and simple, Jake needs to be in the starting side. He reminds me a bit of a mix between Beaver and Glenn Lazarus. An old fashion 80 minute player who can tackle as well as run the ball.

Mason looked more comfortable as a panel member on Sterlo this week than he did in the Manly team tonight.

I'm thinking Chris Lawrence could be a value purchase moving forward ? He hasn't had good halves feeding him since Benji, maybe DCE could improve his game.

Lawrence has been crap since he did his hip. He is going so well as a centre that the Tigers have him playing back row.

Yep .matai and lyons show heart and bust thier asses every game. But when they get injured and play on, this year especially matai they cant keep up in defence. Dont know whats up with ballin .but defentily need hodges on the bench.

Imo Killers best game of the year was against the cows at 5/8 and a move there may allow him to play another year.

He seems to be one of the smaller centres in the game and while it did not matter so much in past years as he gets older he is being caught out more.

Yep .matai and lyons show heart and bust thier asses every game. But when they get injured and play on, this year especially matai they cant keep up in defence. Dont know whats up with ballin .but defentily need hodges on the bench.
I agree Ballin isn't offering to much in attack but he has to compensate for our packs defensive inadequacies and is forced to make 50 tackles per game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4