Matai an the Cronulla rumour.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didnt JWH leave last season?  When did Lowe start?  I thought it was this year, well after JWH left.  I also dont see the Perry issue.  He wanted 3, we offered 2 so we parted company.  Sinking the boot into Lowe in those 2 is just plain stupid imo. 

The other stuff you are saying might very well be correct.  I personally have no idea and will not pretend I do.  I think people might find it hard to take or believe coming from you is that you had a axe to grind with Lowe before he was even appointed.  Is Lowe the CEO I would have chosen?  Based on qualifications and experience hell no.  But I honestly have no idea what he is really like. 

I think Matai certainly does do his talking on the field...his starch will be sorely missed..and I'm fine with him being upset publicly at wanting to stay. That speaks wonders for Des, and the rest of the playing group.

Again though, this wasn't about which player stays or goes...but about where we are seriously lacking at the moment....a fresh, innovative, inspiring leader at the top, who knows what he is doing, and is taking us forward as a market leader.

We need this to be viable long term...

Additionally, I loved the Ox. You didn't. I think Perry has done well, but it appears age has wearied him so to speak. JWH I think would be excellent in our group at present (the type of energy player we need). And yeah, I think Cuthbo would be a different player if still in our system....

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183614.msg267370#msg267370 date=1276842088]
I hope if Beaver retires at the end of this Super League season and he comes back and takes Zorba's position. He is well respected by not only us but every other supporter
.. before he does that ant i would want beaver to sign up with us play 1 nrl game then retire into zorbas position.. why  you might ask.. well if he plays 1 more nrl game he will have played 350 nrl 1st grade games 1 more than lamb..  at the moment they are equal i would like beaver to hold that record too..
[/quote]

Unfortunately I think Lockyer will play on a beat them both.

Ryan link said:
I think Matai certainly does do his talking on the field...his starch will be sorely missed..and I'm fine with him being upset publicly at wanting to stay. That speaks wonders for Des, and the rest of the playing group.

Again though, this wasn't about which player stays or goes...but about where we are seriously lacking at the moment....a fresh, innovative, inspiring leader at the top, who knows what he is doing, and is taking us forward as a market leader.

We need this to be viable long term...

Additionally, I loved the Ox. You didn't. I think Perry has done well, but it appears age has wearied him so to speak. JWH I think would be excellent in our group at present (the type of energy player we need). And yeah, I think Cuthbo would be a different player if still in our system....

Don't you think Des and the coaching staff have a say on who they want to keep or sign up. If Des wants to keep Mattai I'm sure he'd let it be known.

As stated in previous posts there are a number of clubs waiting for the investigation into the storm to finish. Do you think that Manly might be waiting aswell?

I didn't know Mayer and I don't know Lowe but I'm willing to see how the latter goes. The jury is still out on Lowe, but the next few months should tell us if he's any good or not in terms of player retention and new signings.

Ryan, Cuthbo was ordinary with us.  Always touted as the next thing, but failed continually at the top grade.  I used to wish he would just make his tackles and take the ball up.  Just how many balls can a player drop?  Maybe JWH might have got his shoulder charges under control, but I didn't see his worth.  Orford was walking dead in 09.A 'fresh, innovative, inspiring leader?  We all want that.  Maybe Kevin will take the gig after 2011.      

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183614.msg267372#msg267372 date=1276842726]
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183614.msg267370#msg267370 date=1276842088]
I hope if Beaver retires at the end of this Super League season and he comes back and takes Zorba's position. He is well respected by not only us but every other supporter
.. before he does that ant i would want beaver to sign up with us play 1 nrl game then retire into zorbas position.. why  you might ask.. well if he plays 1 more nrl game he will have played 350 nrl 1st grade games 1 more than lamb..  at the moment they are equal i would like beaver to hold that record too..
[/quote]
Nah, we don't ask something like that on here jjai, because every one of us already knows! You are not in fairy floss land now.
[/quote]..

lmao..ohh ok must have thought i was because our team wearing pink... :D..

ok bad call on the menzies 1 game come back  :-X

Ryan, what a disturbed, anxious place it is in your head. Have you ever wondered whether there's any possibility you could be wrong about any of this?

Like, is it possible Quantum was only barely a going concern because of Rudd's green handouts and when they were abruptly withdrawn Quantum's motivation to be a sponsor changed?  Is it possible that SCSE is not high on the priorities right now because of us being banned from playing in the Qld comp? Is it possible Des simply didn't want to spend as much as other clubs on the likes of Ox, Perry, JWH, and Hodko? Is it possible Des has other possibilities in his sights and that's why he isn't closing out some signings now? Is it possible that the closing down of the MWSE forum is for the best?

Rex link said:
Is it possible that the closing down of the MWSE forum is for the best?
Is it possible you are simply towing the party line in the most hideous way?
How on earth can closing the forum be "for the best"?
Is the dramatic loss of visits to the MWSE website, "for the best"?
How about current members that won't renew next year? For the best?
You mention sponsors, I'd be peeved at the sea eagles lessening the value of my sponsorship, even if it's 'minimal'.

It's all good WAMF. When Lowe drive this organization to The Sunshine Coast full time, these same people will then start removing the wool from in front of their dials.

Ant80 link said:
What do you guy's think it'll take to get Canterbury's CEO to us? IMO he is the best in the business
I would have said that Todd Greenburg was the best CEO of all teams. Then the Dogs have dished up a woeful effort this season. Something can't be quite right there and I always question that from the top down. He still may be the best but I was expecting a lot more from a team with the front and back office supposedly running smoothly.

He is a business CEO from all I have seen he is about promoting the bulldog brand and expanding their revenue streams. He is great for long term survival but I don't know his football acumen and repore with players.

Still a very good business man and forward thinker though

Ryan link said:
It's all good WAMF. When Lowe drive this organization to The Sunshine Coast full time, these same people will then start removing the wool from in front of their dials.

But I thought you said there was no communication with the sunshine coast  ;)

Ryan link said:
Fortunately the Club's constitution doesn't allow for that possibility Ryan - unless a majority of the football club members voted for it.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183614.msg267610#msg267610 date=1276933222]

But I thought you said there was no communication with the sunshine coast  ;)
[/quote]
That's right, Lowe is going to take us up there but he is not going to tell them LOL

Getting back to the Matai. Does anyone else think that the Warriors might make a big play for him now that Brent Tate's gone to the Cowboy's?

I would assume tate is gone thanks to inu. Though i'd still have money on NZ offering him a bit to move.

I still find it hard to believe we lose, Hodkinson, Perry, Matai and Foran still hasn't signed (was in an article i read the other day des was quoted saying there was no rush) yet we're tight under the cap waiting for the increase. Something tells me its a bit of a bluff and we might just have a few aces up our sleve just yet.

Flip link said:
I would assume tate is gone thanks to inu. Though i'd still have money on NZ offering him a bit to move.

I still find it hard to believe we lose, Hodkinson, Perry, Matai and Foran still hasn't signed (was in an article i read the other day des was quoted saying there was no rush) yet we're tight under the cap waiting for the increase. Something tells me its a bit of a bluff and we might just have a few aces up our sleve just yet.

Mmm, Hmm...I think......not.....and you all know why.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8