Matabele's positives AND negatives

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Hariis played very well on sunday

I thought Witt had a blinder, he played halfback last year for Parra and it's a big difference going from halfback to 5/8 and I think he's doing it nicely. He ran the show yesterday for Manly, I thought he attacking game was great and looked dangeous with the ball in hand, and his ability to offload is excellent, he must be up there with the leading offloads.

I very much disagree with the Matai ahead of Steppa comment.

One poor game by Steppa where he marked a much better player and he is now deemed ineffective every game.

I was at DY on sat night and saw a guy who looked like Matai - i was then saying throughout the game that it must of been - matai went missing. He got run around and run through. If he played like that and marked Gasnier like steppa had to it would have been 50.

Steppa has been very keen and looking for the ball. His defence isnt the best but its better. He is still toping the metres for our backline - strange that he gets no kick return metres so he is doing something very well.

Witt was playing half a lot of the game with monas out wide. He is directing traffic better. When he takes on the line he looks dangerous and sometimes lacks runners. Our players will get more used to him and start to read him and know when to hit the hole. Witt will be good then, his game kicking is improving.

I agree that Chad will be the one to make way in the forwards although he will no doubt be travelling to Brisbane as the 18th man. His defense has been sound this year but there is not much doing in attack.

I strongly disagree with Mata's views on King. I think he is working back into form. I reckon he put on weight when he was out and this is effecting the velocity he is reaching with his hit ups. It is his effort in defense which has impressed me. On numerous occasions I have spotted him moving across in defense looking to clean up inside runners. All players should do this but a lot of props get very slack with it. It demonstrates attitude. He generally has a good effectiveness percentage in defense.

The Witt assessment is spot on in my opinion but I'm very hopeful that his attack will develop. He really needs to be more willing to take a hit in defense instead of submitting. With the way he tackles I'm surprised that this is a problem.

It was Witt's best game so far, he is no Cliffy Lyons but he took on the defensive line on Sunday for the first time. He is 20 yeats old and will only get better. He is our best option so far and the goal kicker so he won't be going anywhere.

King's size is his best weapon at the moment and why he is in the team. He has hardly played footy for 2 seasons and may need some time to get his confidence back. Although I do agree he was overly effective on the weekend.

King has still made good metres each time - never gets driven back.

Made 10 hitups off the bench remember and 100m, 20 tackles - always a good effort off the bench.

He looked a lot better and will keep improving no doubt

hahahahahahah :lol: :lol:

Funny thing is Witt plays more like a half and monaghs plays more l;ike a 5/8 sometimes! I dont see Witt as a major issue, sure he could be a touch more creative, but he is rock solid in defence and is playing with passion and rarely makes an error, give me him over someone like walker any day! sets up a try for every two he lets in!

some valid points made by Mata.

I am far from convinced with Witt, however I am not saying he should be dropped. As people said he is only 20 and a new team member, needs to be given time.

at this stage lastseason Monas was looking shaky, he fired for 2 games then got injured. Monas is now looking very good. I am happy to see Witt given more time, hsi defense alone is testement tot hat

The one thing i am impressed about with the team is that we are still a very young side (one or two players aside!). Are we one of the youngest going around?

Let's face it, the reason we have been belted in seasons past is due to our pathetic defending, especially our halves. While Witt is certainly not the most potent attacking 5/8 in the game his defence is outstanding. I would much rather a solid attacking 5/8 who defends well than a brilliant attacking 5/8 who cant tackle his own mum. Our strong defence is why we are winning games.

I am by no means stating that Witt is playing as well as he could however the kid is only 20 and has a hell of a lot of improvement in him. His attack will improve with every first grade game he plays

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4