Matabele Ratings vs Cowgirls

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Stewart: 8 A brace of smart tries. Solid in defense.
Robertson: 8 Heroic in defense. Put his body on the line.
Menzies: 3 Worst display ever for Manly
Bell: 7 Solid but not spectacular
Hicks: 8 More like 2004 than 2005.
Burns: 8 Passionate. Put on some big hits.
Orford: 6 A game that didn’t justify his price tag.
King: 2 Embarrassing. Come back Grant Wooden, all is forgiven.
Monaghan: 5 5/5 in defense and 0/5 in attack.
Kite: 6 Quiet for much of the night but still our best prop.
Williamson: 6 Did the tough stuff in defense.
Watmough: 8 A fired up Choc is always a bonus.
Kennedy: 6 Ordinary night by his standards

Minogue: 4 Not sighted much. Will visit the judiciary this week for cowardly kneeing of Bowen.
Bryant: 6 Tried hard but had little impact.
Stephenson: 3 A wasted replacement.
Dunley: 6 Better off the bench than starting.

Fair summation.....you forgot Hasler:-

Hasler: Ridiculous team selections again...team lacked structure, drive, motivation and energy (-10)

More stunning team selections last night from des.

Why would he put beaver in the centres? I would have thought that a better move would have been to put Hicks in the centres and leave Steppa on the wing?

After the first 2 games I am now wondering if Beaver has played one season too many? He is a shadow of his former self and made too many mistakes last night. He is also noticeably slower than previous years.

King is also a mistakeathon. Missed tackles dropped balls and giving away stupid penalties for high tackles. When is this guy going to play PL grade where he belongs. He should be replaced by Rose immediately.

At least if Minogue gets suspended then rose will get his chance but we will still have King in the team.

I would still have Cuthbo in the team instead of Willaimson and Ballin must be in there somewhere. Probably instead of Monnas.
It is going to be a long season.

I just don't think Des Hasler is a bright bloke. I think he analyses as a simpleton would. He picks players because he likes their personalities, doesn't pick on form (Cuthbo/Ballin), yet King CAN'T get replaced.

We have 5 5/8's who aren't 5/8's in the team, and 8 dummy halves.

But just like last year when we lost 9 straight, Halser will be "up beat" in his words.

Anyway...John Lang / Chris Anderson in 07 anyone?

It may not be. Our defensive structure was vastly improved last night.

However, we are taking on sides of 17 players with only 14 in ours. We are carrying players.

The frustrating thing is that we don't have to carry them. More than adequate replacements are languishing in PL.

I was impressed with Choc's strength. Seems to have built up more and is going to prove a real handful as the season goes on.

I really have to question the massive positional changes as the result of Matai pulling out. One ordinary centre leaves and the entire team structure is tossed in the air as players get to pick up a number from the floor.

Lastly, a complaint from last week was addressed, with a number of deep attacking lines attempted. All round a fantastic improvement on the Canberra disgrace.

Stewart: 8 A brace of smart tries. Solid in defense.
Robertson: 8 Heroic in defense. Put his body on the line.
Menzies: 3 Worst display ever for Manly
Bell: 7 Solid but not spectacular
Hicks: 8 More like 2004 than 2005.
Burns: 8 Passionate. Put on some big hits.
Orford: 6 A game that didn’t justify his price tag.
King: 2 Embarrassing. Come back Grant Wooden, all is forgiven.
Monaghan: 5 5/5 in defense and 0/5 in attack.
Kite: 6 Quiet for much of the night but still our best prop.
Williamson: 6 Did the tough stuff in defense.
Watmough: 8 A fired up Choc is always a bonus.
Kennedy: 6 Ordinary night by his standards

Minogue: 4 Not sighted much. Will visit the judiciary this week for cowardly kneeing of Bowen.
Bryant: 6 Tried hard but had little impact.
Stephenson: 3 A wasted replacement.
Dunley: 6 Better off the bench than starting.

Yeah a good summation... bout the same as i'd say!!

Fair summation.....you forgot Hasler:-

Hasler: Ridiculous team selections again...team lacked structure, drive, motivation and energy (-10)

Ive given you a serve in another thread Ryan in reference to Hasler, but in the case of last nights game (particularly selections) Id have to agree with you here and say bloody poor performance Coach.

I read in a report of the PL game that Rose came off injured, anybody know for sure? Same report said that Witt was pathetic & Ballin good without being outstanding. Lost to the Eels btw.

Beaver dropped two balls under pressure which cost us big time but apart from that what did he do wrong. Looked a lot better than Matai in the centres in both attack and defence. Certainly wasn't the reason that Sing scored his tries. Kite and Kennedy would both have got 7 from me. Not totally dominant but considering the ball we had they went okay. Bryant was also worth more than what you gave him. I thought he was solid.

To even suggest we could go close to the spoon with the warriors in the situation they are in is just laughable and a comment obviously made out of anger and with little thought.

[quote author=Ryan]
I know it's only round 2, but could we possibly get the wooden spoon?

This is not a personal attack Ryan but you're an idiot. No two ways about it.

[/quote]

you are going to be in trouble for that comment :lol:

[quote author=Douglas]
[quote author=Ryan]
I know it's only round 2, but could we possibly get the wooden spoon?

This is not a personal attack Ryan but you're an idiot. No two ways about it.

[/quote]

you are going to be in trouble for that comment :lol:

[/quote]

You forgot to add "in my opinion" :)

I was amazed at King's inbability to move laterally in defence.

Players simply run a half a metre to his left or right and he is left grasping.

Really quite embarassing.

I was amazed at King's inbability to move laterally in defence.

Players simply run a half a metre to his left or right and he is left grasping.

Really quite embarassing.
A few of us have been saying it here and elsewhere for years but we are usually labelled as 'disloyal' for stating the plain obvious.
Why we didn't allow the Roosters to take him when there was a chance I don't know. To let Hecks go could go down as one of our recruitment blunders as this guy just doesn't cut it. All the injury excuses last year bought him some time.

Has anyone ever seen him do a big hit? Does he work hard in defence and doing anything but second man flops? I think he made one line break last year. His metres are below par and defensively he is a liability as his lateral shift isn't there.

He needs PL.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4