massive cleanout at season's end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

tick who should be cleaned out

• boyle OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 157 87.7%
  • parker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 95 53.1%
  • cust

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • sipley OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • foran OFF CONTRACT (club option)

Votes: 74 41.3%
  • Suli

Votes: 70 39.1%
  • Fainu

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Marty

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Croker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • siro OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 82 45.8%
  • Funa OFFCONTRACT (I think)

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Jetski OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • harper

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Walker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 86 48.0%
  • Jorge OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 147 82.1%
  • garrick OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 70 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please explain... I must be missing something.... with all the players you let go, we can't field a team.

Why would you let Funa go... seriously he is better than most backs. You want to keep Garrick - what planet are you from?
um... because you let them go at the end of the year and replace them with new players. Contracts run out at the end of the year! In my view Garrick showed he was at least a pretty decent back up fullback on Friday night. He played very well when back at FB. You can't keep them all so it was a toss up between Funa and Garrick and because Garrick can cover fullback he was the better value based on who else I would keep.... sorry to disagree with your views.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
By the way Saddler and Sione Fainu off contract at end of this year too I believe. Are they keepers ??

Gotta keep walker unless a top line center is waiting to be signed and even then will they come here? Probably not.. staggs has said he wants to stay in Brisbane so who is there? Not walker's fault he is choosen out of position.. in sure he would kill it at center he still runs hard and breaks tackles

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gotta keep walker unless a top line center is waiting to be signed and even then will they come here? Probably not.. staggs has said he wants to stay in Brisbane so who is there? Not walker's fault he is choosen out of position.. in sure he would kill it at center he still runs hard and breaks tackles
Dane Gagai might be looking for a new home next year.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
um... because you let them go at the end of the year and replace them with new players. Contracts run out at the end of the year! In my view Garrick showed he was at least a pretty decent back up fullback on Friday night. He played very well when back at FB. You can't keep them all so it was a toss up between Funa and Garrick and because Garrick can cover fullback he was the better value based on who else I would keep.... sorry to disagree with your views.
Hi Shane, no problems with having different views! I love my wife, she hates me, so all is good!

Question is but who do we buy from the availability list! I see a future with Funa and in my opinion deserves a chance, Garrick lost his confidence about 12 games ago and played accordingly, one game doesn't cut it for me, and I'll be the first person to admit I was wrong if i'm wrong. We have plenty of juniors coming through but management is reluctant to play them. We will most likely loose these players due to frustration.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Dane Gagai might be looking for a new home next year.
Problem is Biff that Walker at centre is one of those players that only does something 4 or 5 times a game and mostly steps inside and takes a tackle. Given he's no Matai or Lyon but really I'm a bit over the over paid superstar who is lazy.... rather spend money who's going to give 100% every time they touch the ball, sure may lack class and ability but I'd rather have a player with heart for the TEAM!

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
When was the last time Walker broke a tackle?

Problem is Biff that Walker at centre is one of those players that only does something 4 or 5 times a game and mostly steps inside and takes a tackle. Given he's no Matai or Lyon but really I'm a bit over the over paid superstar who is lazy.... rather spend money who's going to give 100% every time they touch the ball, sure may lack class and ability but I'd rather have a player with heart for the TEAM!
I dont agree and we dont really have a gauge because he isn't selected there. Outside of Foran he'd be used heaps. Look how much Foran uses Parker the slow cant step Parker. Now we have to wait AGAIN because he's hurt ffs

Last edited:

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I’m not naive’: Foran says ball is in his court as mass cull looms at Manly​

Veteran Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran knows the ball is in his court if he wants to continue his career beyond this season.​

The Sea Eagles could part ways with Foran after just one season as the struggling club looks to rebuild its roster.

Fellow Manly players Martin Taupau, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Dylan Walker and Morgan Boyle are all facing uncertain futures.

Foran turns 31 in July, but he still feels like he has plenty to offer at the Sea Eagles or elsewhere in the NRL if he continues to perform.
The former New Zealand Test star’s first preference is to remain at Manly, even though the club has signed projected future five-eighth Josh Schuster until the end of the 2024 season.

“It has been great coming back here to Manly – I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it so far,” said Foran, who has played 219 NRL games dating back to 2009.

“Look, providing I can stay injury-free and play good footy and bring something to this club, then of course I want to continue to play as long as I can play.

“It is a great game, and it is a great privilege that we get to be involved in such a great sport.

“But I’m not naive about it either, I know it is a result-based business and you need to produce on a weekly basis.”

The increased speed of the game has made it difficult for all players, but Foran insists his ageing body is holding up well.

He attributes a strong pre-season under Manly coach Des Hasler and respected conditioner Don Singe for helping him find peak fitness.

“I’m feeling really good,” he said.

“I’ve worked really hard over the pre-season along with the other guys to strengthen the areas I needed in my body, so I’m holding up really well.

“The game has become incredibly quick, but my body seems to be pulling up pretty well after each game and recovering well for the next week.

“It is just about building confidence now. It has been a tough start to the season for us, so I think all of us have been a bit down on confidence.

“But we are starting to play some good footy as a group, so if you do that you never know what can happen.”

Foran believes a key to Manly’s success will be the hard work of Hasler – a man he credits for igniting his career when he made his NRL debut with the Sea Eagles in 2009.

“My admiration for Dessie is very high, and I’ve always loved his style of coaching and philosophies around rugby league,” he said.

“So, to come back to not only this club, but to be back under Des has definitely put a smile on my face.

“I’m really enjoying being back here, it is a great bunch of guys and it is a special club.”
I deeply and respectfully disagree with his fitness claim. Basically walked through the Warriors game. We must get Schuster to 5/8 now.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18