mass exodus !!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
Does that '12 ' in your name represent your age or your IQ?

Of course Manly would have liked to keep Darcy, T-Rex, Whare, Hoppa Jrn, Robbo et al but there is only so much money to go around. Or perhaps you'd rather us follow the Storm's flexible cap policy?

Our recruitment and retention team has given this club great success over the past few years. Or are you better than them at their job?

I'll leave the insults to you, now onto my point YES they have done a great job but my criticism remains we are IMO tying up to many older players who have there better day's gone. We have not been hurt in recent years by JWH or Tasi but it will eventually come back to bite us.

Vaxo_12 said:
The Who said:
Does that '12 ' in your name represent your age or your IQ?

Of course Manly would have liked to keep Darcy, T-Rex, Whare, Hoppa Jrn, Robbo et al but there is only so much money to go around. Or perhaps you'd rather us follow the Storm's flexible cap policy?

Our recruitment and retention team has given this club great success over the past few years. Or are you better than them at their job?

I'll leave the insults to you, now onto my point YES they have done a great job but my criticism remains we are IMO tying up to many older players who have there better day's gone. We have not been hurt in recent years by JWH or Tasi but it will eventually come back to bite us.

Agreed. I just don't like people denegrating players who have done us proud. I thought recruiting Joe a couple of years ago was ridiculous, but he's proved that determination can overcome age. I couldn't have been more wrong. Let's wait and see how our recruitment looks at the start of next season.

It's tough to lose good young players but don't be too quick to assume we got the raw end of the stick. There is no substitute for experience.

For example, check out the Chooks. They have a lot of young forwards with great ability/potential (including a couple they got from us) but they are struggling to consistently match the top teams.

Other things to consider are what these older heads offer OFF the park in terms of team/club standards - eg training, behaviour, media & sponsor stuff, mentoring and post playing career options etc.
As much as it sounds like a wank sometimes the Swans' "no dickheads policy" is the image clubs want. They all say they want a decent person first and the player second ( although that's not always true).
Now I'm not casting aspersions on any of the aforementioned players but that may come into it when the powers that be weigh up $$ - cost vs reward.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Add Harrison to the list of departing players

Where is all this talk of Harrison leaving coming from all of a sudden?? Thought he was under contract for next year and he is really starting to look the goods. Wouldn't be on big bucks and don't understand why they'd let him go.

Seriously, which other club has had to shed this many players after a premiership? Shyte, even Melbourne only had to shed Greg Inglis, considering Ryan Hoffman and Will Chambers have slunk back into the team.Ryan Hoffman and Adam Blair a fair dinkum swap. AND THEY WERE OVER THE CAP!!!.But rugby league fans are pretty thick to not notice this. Manly has had to shed, without rorting the cap, mind you: Will Hopoate, Michael Robertson, Darcy Lussick, Tony Williams and Daniel Harrison. I wonder if they will all filter back as the Storm players seem to have done? Me thinks no!!!

Oh, and Whare!!!!

Moops said:
Seriously, which other club has had to shed this many players after a premiership? Shyte, even Melbourne only had to shed Greg Inglis, considering Ryan Hoffman and Will Chambers have slunk back into the team.Ryan Hoffman and Adam Blair a fair dinkum swap. AND THEY WERE OVER THE CAP!!!.But rugby league fans are pretty thick to not notice this. Manly has had to shed, without rorting the cap, mind you: Will Hopoate, Michael Robertson, Darcy Lussick, Tony Williams and Daniel Harrison. I wonder if they will all filter back as the Storm players seem to have done? Me thinks no!!!

Oh, and Whare!!!!

And Shane Rodney...

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It's tough to lose good young players but don't be too quick to assume we got the raw end of the stick. There is no substitute for experience.

For example, check out the Chooks. They have a lot of young forwards with great ability/potential (including a couple they got from us) but they are struggling to consistently match the top teams.
Yep tough and intimidating, and leaked 52 points. Experience counts.

Doesn't bother me tbh....if anything it shows Tooves has a plan he is implementing nicely with moving the club fwd into more success. It has been very obvious without T Rex we are lacking a power fwd or two. We hav Che Kam coming, big Fabien waiting to step up, Cunningham and Jake T. Established fwds in King, Kite, Choc, Gifty, Ballin, Big Joe, The Gorgeous One and Jamie Buhrer. We are chasing Roy Asotasi and Richie Faaoso both power runners. If we don't get them we will get a couple of others. I believe two such acquisition's in the fwds will breath new life into both King and Kite. There is a plan and I reckon it's a good one.

The recruitment has been outstanding! We have just re-signed our rep halves for next 3-4 years. We have re-signed the 2 most promising 18-19 year olds in the country in Gutherson and Jake T for 3 years. We have quietly signed potentially the best 2nd rower in Toyota cup, Chee Kam. Who else do we need?

look at the 2013 team: brett, jorge, matai, lyon, ?? keiran, dce, glenn, jamie, choc, chee kam, king, kite, ballin or higgins, rose, cunningham, jake T, mauro, joe, possibly richie F (possibly)

Moops said:

Oh, and Whare!!!!

What are you talking about ?? I hate the Storm alot but you need to face facts, the Storm lost after 2010 :

Aiden Tolman
Ryan Hoffman
Brett Finch
Jeff Lima
Brett White
Greg Inglis
Luke MacDougall
Hep Cahill
Willie Isa

I know the last 3 would have been low earners but the rest certainly weren't, sure they got Hoffman back now but lost Adam Blair for this year and Sika Manu for next year. That's alot of Rep players to lose ( 5 plus Tolman who has been close) , Manly has lost good players but only T-Rex and Hoppa who had played Rep football and both were coming off lower player level contracts and had big upgrades coming up which we couldn't afford and so we lost them unfortunately.

Another case of bias getting in the way of facts

Don't forget that Manly has also had to shed premiership winners Mark Bryant, Shane Rodney, Glen Hall, Luke Williamson, Matt Orford . . . (I'm sure there are others but my dementia has kicked in)

moffy said:
Daniel Harrison is signed with us till the end of 2013

Thank you. It seems whoever has a half decent game for us, appears to be on The Bulldogs, and everyone else's radar.

AshfieldBazza said:
Moops said:

Oh, and Whare!!!!

What are you talking about ?? I hate the Storm alot but you need to face facts, the Storm lost after 2010 :

Aiden Tolman
Ryan Hoffman
Brett Finch
Jeff Lima
Brett White
Greg Inglis
Luke MacDougall
Hep Cahill
Willie Isa

I know the last 3 would have been low earners but the rest certainly weren't, sure they got Hoffman back now but lost Adam Blair for this year and Sika Manu for next year. That's alot of Rep players to lose ( 5 plus Tolman who has been close) , Manly has lost good players but only T-Rex and Hoppa who had played Rep football and both were coming off lower player level contracts and had big upgrades coming up which we couldn't afford and so we lost them unfortunately.

Another case of bias getting in the way of facts

Maybe Inglis, Hoffman and White due to the fact that they were over the cap by one and a half million, not withstanding Hoffman and Chambers have slunk back anyways, but the rest I wouldn't buy with Monopoly money. They had to shed one and a half million dollars of talent just to get back to parity! Sorry, but your case has not sold me, Ashfield Bazza!!

Ryan said:
moffy said:

Thank you. It seems whoever has a half decent game for us, appears to be on The Bulldogs, and everyone else's radar.
Think you will find Harrison is likely to be released unfortunately.
Starting to realise his potential & in recent games has been making some vital plays both defensively & in attack.

Can someone please explain why Harrison would be released?? Big, mobile good defender and (apparently a problem at Manly) young. Surely we stick with youth and move on the one or two year to goers..

Tareeeagle said:
Can someone please explain why Harrison would be released?? Big, mobile good defender and (apparently a problem at Manly) young. Surely we stick with youth and move on the one or two year to goers..

I would like us to keep Harrison also. Is is and will be very good this year and into the future.

moffy said:

Yes he is. But incentives in his contract means he earns an increase in his playing fee next year. He is assuming this is why he has been asked to look for a new club next year. He can of course refuse to leave.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8