mass exodus !!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So, what is it then? What would give our "club" as a whole more tangible value? a Queensland feeder team, or the various lower grades here?

Can anyone tell me if the SCSE has lower grades?

Ryan said:
So, what is it then? What would give our "club" as a whole more tangible value? a Queensland feeder team, or the various lower grades here?

Can anyone tell me if the SCSE has lower grades?

Play in the Cyril Connell, Mal Meninga and Fogs Cups. Equivalent to Harold Matts, SG Ball and A grade.

The problem with what your suggesting Ryan is this : the SCSE eventually want to be in the NRL as the SCF (original name - Sunshine Coast Falcons) so it would be a short term solution to a long term problem.
Not this expansion round but the next time they'll roll the dice.

It would seem from what has been reported that our major problem with our lower grades is money based. We can't match it all over the field with some of the bigger clubs so we pick & choose a smaller number of guys that we think have the potential to go on to being good NRL players & we run with that, surrounding them with cheaper average guys who are a bit iffy. Works well if you have a good scouting dept. (Which Manly obviously does) but you would be at constant risk of bombing out if your guys on the ground made the wrong calls. Seems to have worked for us so far.

Something like this would be why the SCSE deal was so good. We supply 6 or so blokes to go up & carve up the comp while they supply the supporting cast.

eagles2win said:
Someone said they wanted to see another gun 20s side, rock up on Sunday.
Roosters have a good side that went toe to toe with the Warriors and almost beat them. So expect them to do our 20s by atleast 30 points

Guns!!? Roosters u20 have won 5, lost 4 & drawn 1. Yes they may well beat us by 30 on Sunday but if two players from each team can kick on and be pushing for or playing first grade in a couple of years time then what's the difference?

The Roosters 2004 Flegg team (old u20's) was undefeated and led by Jamie Soward

This was the team in the Grand Final:

Sam Perrett
McConkie Tauasa
Jermaine Ale
Albert Hopoate
Michael Lett
Jamie Stoward (c)
Peter Taylor
Grant Millington
Michael Burns
Luke Fatnowna
Danny Williams
Heath L'Estrange
Ray Moujalli [amusing - 8 yrs later and he's really kicked on!]

Reserves: Peewee Moke, Frank Winterstein, Troy Malcolm, Luke Gordon, Willam Tupou, James Shillington (two to be omitted).

Only a small number of an exceptionally successul team kicked on to consistent 1st grade success. My point being that having a successful junior team involves luck or importing a lot of players which costs money. With some careful selection you can have an average team but still have 2 or 3 first graders graduate.

Man, I remember Jermaine Ale. That kid was meant to be the king. I think he played like 5 games for Canberra and then chucked in the towel.

Its always good to see the Seaeagles competitive in all grades but lets be honest - the NRL is the real deal with daylight 2nd.
Even with ordinary results there will be a trickle of quality players who kick on like Taufua has.
Theres 3-4 players in this years TC cup who have shown promise even when pumped by a lopsided scoreboard.
Same with NSW cup not travelling super, but theres adequate fill ins when required.
All said & done if we remain dominent in the top grade with the sysem the club is using in recent times, its good enough imo.

Most games 20s kickoff with family & friends watching and the crowd slowly dribbling in by halftime in 20s you may have 1/4 of the crowd in by full time 1/2, ppl are really not that interested in going that early to watch 20s, most ppl that go to the game these days meet at the leagues club for a catch up & a couple of drinks then head to the ground

The Eagle said:
Lol I assume Ryan was harping on about how great Des is as a person

Des does what's good for Des,I believe Cliffy Lyons more than I believe a bear with a huge crush on a filthy turncoat merkin who tried to tear manly apart on his exit

f**k Des, f**k Greenturd and f**k the dogs, super league scum who shouldn't be allowed to compete after cheating the cap

What did cliffy say?

Couldn't care less about the results in the lower grades. Its not about winning its about development. Maybe getting hammered each week helps toughen them up for when they get through to first grade. Its also a lot easier in finding out players individual weaknesses if they are coming up against much stronger opposition and the smart players will work on it and get better, the ones that don't shouldn't make it to first grade anyway.

For the good of the game itself I think the IC needs to redo the entire junior system anyway. Its plainly obvious some of the clubs with large juniors are butchering talent and thats not good for the game long term.

bob dylan said:
Bradza said:
Reserves: Peewee Moke,

:D
Yes...wonder if he has a sister called Mini?

Danny Weidler reports:

"....And I'm hearing reports today that long-term Sea Eagles supporter, since about the time of the Bears demise anyway, Ryan (place surname here), has defected to the Bulldogs to be closer to his guru and life coach Noel Cleal, plus his bessy winger Dessy Hasler...."

Masked Eagle said:
Couldn't care less about the results in the lower grades. Its not about winning its about development. Maybe getting hammered each week helps toughen them up for when they get through to first grade. Its also a lot easier in finding out players individual weaknesses if they are coming up against much stronger opposition and the smart players will work on it and get better, the ones that don't shouldn't make it to first grade anyway.

For the good of the game itself I think the IC needs to redo the entire junior system anyway. Its plainly obvious some of the clubs with large juniors are butchering talent and thats not good for the game long term.

I agree. Places like pennant hills have more in common with us these days. We have wolf and buhrer, may as well have them join our junior league too.

Central Coast Eagle said:
The Eagle said:
Lol I assume Ryan was harping on about how great Des is as a person

Des does what's good for Des,I believe Cliffy Lyons more than I believe a bear with a huge crush on a filthy turncoat merkin who tried to tear manly apart on his exit

f**k Des, f**k Greenturd and f**k the dogs, super league scum who shouldn't be allowed to compete after cheating the cap

What did cliffy say?

Cliffy has been quoted as saying the following

"Des does whats good for Des"

It is a frustrating aspect of the current NRL that successful clubs get stripped of talent. Particularly when they are local juniors or players we have nurtured into top grade.

I get the feeling that for the next couple of years we will have a strong but ageing top team, but the depth will be increasingly untried youngsters or the odd cheap journeyman pick-up.

I can live with that, but it is something the IC should look at because it detracts from fans' identificatuion with a club when the playing personnel are frequently changing sides.

So we lose 2 young stars this year in Trex and Lussick ontop of hopoate last year yet we keep old farts like King Kite and Joe. I for 1 will enjoy this year as we seem to be sqeezing this lemon dry and have no one in reserve very poor future planning IMO

Vaxo_12 said:
So we lose 2 young stars this year in Trex and Lussick ontop of hopoate last year yet we keep old farts like King Kite and Joe. I for 1 will enjoy this year as we seem to be sqeezing this lemon dry and have no one in reserve very poor future planning IMO

Nice sledge for your first post! Have some respect for three of the men who have helped make Manly great.

The Who said:
Vaxo_12 said:

Nice sledge for your first post! Have some respect for three of the men who have helped make Manly great.

And Who are you again? Don't like it ignore it respect hey give me a break Manly was great before they arrived and they will be treated like everyone else and should be tapped on the shoulder and told thanks for everything but it is time to move on.

Does that '12 ' in your name represent your age or your IQ?

Of course Manly would have liked to keep Darcy, T-Rex, Whare, Hoppa Jrn, Robbo et al but there is only so much money to go around. Or perhaps you'd rather us follow the Storm's flexible cap policy?

Our recruitment and retention team has given this club great success over the past few years. Or are you better than them at their job?

Don't worry yourself Vaxo! we have kept a couple of half decent youngsters!! pretty important ones too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6