Marty..OMG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do not get the hate

When has he ever slagged the club? Show me a time when he said something negative about the club?

He manages his social profile as that is what a professional player does

Re Garner he seems very much a system player - one who will excel in a strong team but not bring a heap to a struggling team (lihe he was at the tigers)

Re Garner he seems very much a system player - one who will excel in a strong team but not bring a heap to a struggling team (lihe he was at the tigers)
Nothing really special, Garners brief at Penrith is a simple one make your tackles, don't drop balls or give away penalties.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Do not get the hate

When has he ever slagged the club? Show me a time when he said something negative about the club?

Totally agree mate…..Marty never said a bad word about Manly or about his time here. What makes me laugh is all the haters would $hit themselves if confronted by him. Easy to talk hiding behind a keyboard.

Do not get the hate

Totally agree mate…..Marty never said a bad word about Manly or about his time here. What makes me laugh is all the haters would $hit themselves if confronted by him. Easy to talk hiding behind a keyboard.
There's no hate and he hasn't slagged the club as such. However, if you go back to post #1 of this thread, he wasn't exactly complimenting Manly when he arrived at the Broncos.
Also here's a repeat of my post #23: Watching his first jersey presentation by Walters..."I've never had as strong a connection till I came to this club"...really? pfft.
No, he hasn't directly said anything negative about Manly but he hasn't said anything positive about his time here either and he was with us for 7 years.

There's no hate and he hasn't slagged the club as such. However, if you go back to post #1 of this thread, he wasn't exactly complimenting Manly when he arrived at the Broncos.
Also here's a repeat of my post #23: Watching his first jersey presentation by Walters..."I've never had as strong a connection till I came to this club"...really? pfft.
No, he hasn't directly said anything negative about Manly but he hasn't said anything positive about his time here either and he was with us for 7 years.
Really

That is just one.

He manages his profile (almost too much) and as a result he is very careful about what he says

I know Marty and he is a very nice guy.

His is calculated, well spoken and is very much a family man whose image to his kids is the most important thing to him.

Trust me he loved playing in our jersey and was upset sometimes at the playing group for not trying to win a premiership seriously enough.

In his prime he was a very good player, now he’s a solid bench player in a star studded pack.

Not sure about your "all the haters" comment, it's a bit over the top to use the term "Hate". Aloiai would get more loaded negative comments than what Marty ever does or gets, and nobody bats an eyelid on here about Aloiai. Isn't this supposed to be an opinion based football forum site. We critique our own players performance's and form as well as other players from other clubs, so why as Marty all of a sudden become a protected species on here by some. About your last sentence, doubt Marty would physically attack anybody over normal footy comments/opinions made on here, he knows it comes with the territory.

Saw that interview, I just shook my head, was really dumbfounded by this comment. To think he spent all of his best years with Manly and to say this in your first interview at a new club, think if he had it over again he would of chosen his words more wisely.

Not sure about your "all the haters" comment, it's a bit over the top to use the term "Hate". Aloiai would get more loaded negative comments than what Marty ever does or gets, and nobody bats an eyelid on here about Aloiai. Isn't this supposed to be an opinion based football forum site. We critique our own players performance's and form as well as other players from other clubs, so why as Marty all of a sudden become a protected species on here by some. About your last sentence, doubt Marty would physically attack anybody over normal footy comments/opinions made on here, he knows it comes with the territory.
Mate everyday I read derogatory comments about past Manly players, current Manly players & future Manly players. If you enjoy reading posts like that then good luck to you. I find it quite appalling! I’ve made comments about some players but never called them names etc. As far as I’m concerned I support everyone that has represented Manly…..even the likes of Craig Field, Manase Fainu, Gary Winter!

Mate everyday I read derogatory comments about past Manly players, current Manly players & future Manly players. If you enjoy reading posts like that then good luck to you. I find it quite appalling! I’ve made comments about some players but never called them names etc. As far as I’m concerned I support everyone that has represented Manly…..even the likes of Craig Field, Manase Fainu, Gary Winter!
It would be a pretty boring footy forum if we we're to praise every Manly player even the ones who aren't up to it. And I do love reading what other posters have to say, even the derogatory comments, it's entertaining. I'm sorry that you find this quite appalling. I hadn't noticed that we gave Marty an alternative derogatory name ? I probably wouldn't go as far as you and support every player that left Manly,ie; Myles, Kelma and so on. Anyway, everyone's different I guess.

Do not get the hate

I don't mind Marty. It wasn't his fault the club signed him to a stupid deal.

BUT i suspect he lost some fans along the way when.

1. He was pretty ordinary in the last couple of years at Manly and just seemed to do enough to cash his cheque (subjective option, but a lot of us felt that way)

2. He said last year he should have been playing the grand final for Parramatta because Manly should have released him late in the season.

So, while you say he has never said anything negative about the club, point 2 was a kick in the guts for the club and its fans.

Marty as a player diminished in a big way as far as being the intimidating Big bloke we signed to dominate the middle into a blundering type who actually stopped at the defensive line and always tried the impossible offload and gave away a glut of penalties....AFB was the prop I was sad to see leave, not Marty.
No hate on the bloke though, I think he had a decent dig and as a bloke seemed fine on occasions I was around him, but lost me a bit with the "I'm my own brand" stuff....you would never hear that from a Toovey or Jake T, it's all about the TEAM, I mean Marty can claim his mates at Manly didn't put in, but these type of "self indulgent" comments in the words of Jerry Maguire - Do NOT inspire ppl....as a player if I heard a bloke on my team say this type of thing, I'd feel they are in it for themselves and that's the only real negative I would have to say about him.

Marty as a player diminished in a big way as far as being the intimidating Big bloke we signed to dominate the middle into a blundering type who actually stopped at the defensive line and always tried the impossible offload and gave away a glut of penalties....AFB was the prop I was sad to see leave, not Marty.
No hate on the bloke though, I think he had a decent dig and as a bloke seemed fine on occasions I was around him, but lost me a bit with the "I'm my own brand" stuff....you would never hear that from a Toovey or Jake T, it's all about the TEAM, I mean Marty can claim his mates at Manly didn't put in, but these type of "self indulgent" comments in the words of Jerry Maguire - Do NOT inspire ppl....as a player if I heard a bloke on my team say this type of thing, I'd feel they are in it for themselves and that's the only real negative I would have to say about him.
Some on here say the comments about Marty on here are "hate" comments about the bloke. It's not, it's more about his last few years with Manly was a real disappointment for him and fans alike.

Some on here say the comments about Marty on here are "hate" comments about the bloke. It's not, it's more about his last few years with Manly was a real disappointment for him and fans alike.
100% feathered friend !!!
Manly people do not hate Manly players
Manly people do no hate Marty
Manly people hate losing
and Manly losers have a history of shown the door
Manly people :h: Winning and :h: Winners in their club
1696029616430.png

Last edited:
Marty has every right to bag the club but hasn't, he's spent the last few years fending off rumours that the club was trying to offload him.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8