Marshall cleared

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Just heard on Triple M that all charges have been dropped against Marshall. Seemed to have cleared him pretty quickly after hearing both sides. Obviously wasn't much in it.

yeah this guy here racially vilified him lol

953268-benji-marshall-victim.jpg

They were being shown CCTV footage of the incident in court so perhaps it showed a mole hill.

Gallop should now step in and hand out a 4 week suspension in the name of consistency.

This again seems another black mark against the police and the DPP. They should never have proceeded against Brett, and now this. A massive waste of money, plus a stain on those who had to defend themselves.

Is it a matter of the Police/DPP trying to look like they are doing something by prosecuting high-profile people?

Thats apparently through marshals eyes on the night.

I repeat he was not publicly intoxicated! And should not cop 4 weeks.

I think the concerning thing is the conflict of interest, see below SMH article!!

"Magistrate Carolyn Barkell announced her decision in Downing Centre Local Court today after swimming great Dawn Fraser told the court that Marshall was "very honest" and she found assault allegations levelled against him difficult to believe.

Ms Fraser is a director of the Wests Tigers Football Club and has known Marshall, 26, since he joined the club in 2004

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/assault-charges-against-benji-marshall-dismissed-20110824-1j93g.html#ixzz1VvfcVH4p

Thats not conflict of Interest A65. Its a character reference and can only be made if you know the person, and that includes through commericial or business association.

Lucky he wasn't suspended for four weeks like some others hey!
That would have been a travesty of justice.

:)

But we are all confident that the right decision was made.

Jatz Crackers said:
Thats not conflict of Interest A65. Its a character reference and can only be made if you know the person, and that includes through commericial or business association.

Had a few "barry crockers" today Jatz!! I should have read slower :s

Jerry1 said:
Lucky he wasn't suspended for four weeks like some others hey!
That would have been a travesty of justice.

:)

But we are all confident that the right decision was made.
I think we all know justice is for the fortunate few.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7