Maroon & White Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ROBBO71

I sent the application for this in 5 weeks ago which, as stated gives you the football club membership & general admission to all home games for $250.

When I opened an envelope today that I received from the club I laughed at the contents as they were the typical standard of professionalism that I have come to expect from this business operation.

I didn't receive one general admission season ticket for all home games. I received 2x 6 match flexi pass cards. I didn't receive ANY of the membership package details or benefits. I didn't even receive a covering letter as a welcome, thank you or even an explanation on what has happened to the membership package. All I received was 2 cards sitting loosely in a large envelope.

The only effort they have put into this package is into it's design & format for sale of the product. Hang on a second; I just remembered they didn't even do that.... THAT IDEA WAS STOLEN !!!

I’m getting a little picky complaining about being given 2x 6 match flexi pass cards instead of one general admission season ticket, but I really wish the club would improve this image that they portray of a multi-million dollar operation being run by amateurs!

If this image doesn't change, we will never catch up to the Broncos or Bulldogs of this world in terms of a successfully run & financially profitable sporting business. The club should aim to be as successful as Man United.

Sorry about my little rant, but it has been building up ever since I bought that bloody "Beyond 2000" pin.

Sounds pretty ordinary, I guess I wouldn't have an issue with 2 flexi passes.

Never mind though surely the other goodies wont come at round 14 like last year ;)

btw didn't you get a football club members card?

I would fire an Email off To Pat Wilson , Its getting Beyond a Joke
Im seriously Considering dropping My memebership , Im sick of being treated with contempt, by the Buffons running the asylum

Prett ****house service.

Can I suggest you contact Alan Webster (Membership Manger) and tell him your greivances. He was recruited from the Waratahs along with Pat Wilson where he was the membership manager.

Surely he can see that this is not very professional.

whats the problem with the flexi passes? my understanding is they still get you onto the Hill, I think I would rather the flexi pass instead of 1 ticket for the whole season. I would end up losing it after 1 or 2 games.

Garts it's the ordinary packaging and getting everything together prior to sending them out.

I gather the club will be sending out tickets first then the other goodies later on in the season.

You could imagine how annoyed people would be if they had to wait for a complete package, well into the season like last year.

The club certainly must get there act together.

Understand what the issue is Byso, I was just wondering if my understanding on how the flexi pass works was correct.

reminds me to send my application off.

Sounds pretty ordinary, I guess I wouldn't have an issue with 2 flexi passes.

Never mind though surely the other goodies wont come at round 14 like last year ;)

btw didn't you get a football club members card?

No, didn't get the football club members card.

The flexi-pass thing doesn't bother. As a matter of fact, it will be more convieniant for me. My issue there is it should have been advertised that way.

Totally agree Gary, I joined up as the Maroon & White member and got the same envelope.

I think the package in whole is great but the way it has been presented is poor.

As a side issue I email Alan at the club a question last Tuesday about membership merchandising (ie members polo shirts etc) I have not heard anything to date in reply.

wouldn't you think the membership card would also include a barcode, akin to a flexi-pass and get you into the ground?

1 Card, which serves for all purposes!

there are other reasons for that, but as said, it is a multimillion dollar amatuer ran enterprise!
I wonder if they have a business plan?

2 flexipasses is good - allows you to get a friend in if you cant make all 12 games

Just a side thought, are the passes distributed by the club or directly from Ticketek using Sea Eagles stationery?

Not sure spud, but the mail appeared to come from the club.

wouldn't you think the membership card would also include a barcode, akin to a flexi-pass and get you into the ground?

1 Card, which serves for all purposes!

Makes a lot more sense - the Brumbies do that! 1 card covers your membership & ground entry.

it is better for marketing too and avoids the loss of possible revenue in fluffy's suggested usage

Dear All

Alan Webster just phoned me in response to this thread. First of all he did reply to mine Email but it got lost in transmission.

As for the provision of the flexi passes he said it was the only option at this stage of the process. He has only been in the role a short time and they will be looking at better alternatives in the future.

He was dissapointed to learn that the presentation of the passes etc didn't include a covering welcome letter etc along with an explanation of features of membership etc.

This was sent in this manner by somebody else at the club and he appreciated the feedback that has been provided by Garry & Co.

I believe it great is great to see the club and Alan responded to supporter/member feedback. Look for a lot of improvements in the future.

It is very good KG, he regulary views the forums here and I guess on all sites to obtain supporter feedback so it is great that any well intentioned support or criticism is taken into account by the club.

Glad you got a call Wheel, I guess we will have to see if this improves. Did he mention when the other goodies will be available.

It is very good KG, he regulary views the forums here and I guess on all sites to obtain supporter feedback so it is great that any well intentioned support or criticism is taken into account by the club.

Well I guess there's only this site which gives feedback on what the fans really think as everything has to be peaches and creams on the "official" site.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4