Market value and the salary cap rort!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dont forget that the retiring of Burgess has allowed them to do this and also pinch Arrow from the Titans.
They have now got away retiring Inglis and Burgess and profited each time where we could not get a thing for Snake or Skivvy.

The whole decision making process is not transparent and that is what the NRL are presiding over and people see right through it!
The whole thing is unfair corrupt and a disgraceful example of Greenberg s crooked in competence
Come on Vlandys your here to clean this pick and choose **** up and get rid of him
Makes me SICK!!!

I believe a player is worth whatever a club is genuinely offering (registered offer with the NRL). Otherwise, like you say, the less attractive clubs will never be a chance.

If Tigers can pay $1m - then the Rabbits should be forced to pay a figure very near it.

If it isn’t done this way, the more attractive clubs (with added “bonuses”) will always be able to secure players for less value. A game of golf here, a unit to rent there... etc etc.

If the NRL is looking to even out the competition, clubs should be expected to pay whatever their rivals are. Everyone is then on a level playing field and the talent will be distributed more evenly. Just my opinion though.

what’s to stop clubs placing false bids to drive up other prices (which happens anyway) but in our example it would be rife

My money is on Latrell signing with Souths on $200k and accepting an unrelated role as assistant to Inglis with his “Souths Cares” work for $600k.

Yup, Souths needs something "ratified" by the nrl "auditor" in a totally "unbiased" way.

Guess we should all expect the deal to be turned down......

Just as soon as the rorters end of season trips to vegas get added onto their salary cap.
Viva Las Vegas! Lucky cockers are those chooks. Back to back then all in on the 69 in roulette... there is no 69 in roulette you say.

Eels will get a great run this year, the NRL won't want an empty Bankwest Stadium.
Here's an example - and what a shock, Eel player Sivo has not been stood down under the no-fault policy, the NRL will think about it. Manly's Dylan Walker was stood down one day after they brought in the policy, and Fainu was stood down immediately he was charged.

Inconsistency and favoritism at its highest! Couple this with what happened with Inglis, Burgess and Mitchell lately and I can't help feel it is a really sick joke.

The Homebush Hares are revelling in their success at rorting the medical retirement rule and being allowed to sign a player of Mitchell's quality for big unders, the silence from the NRL is defeaning!! The unfairness of the comp is there for all to see. Seems like the Vermin are ordained by the NRL and it sux!! Tired of the double standards @!

Todd and Beatoff told everyone that crimes against women would be an automatic no fault stand down until the matter is resolved in court... Yet another example of the Burgler’s consistency is overrated, and I’ll apply my discretionary propaganda manure as I see fit.

so completely over this game...

This will never change until they bring a points-based cap in.
You can pay whatever you want for a player but his points value can't be changed which would be more transparent.

I am sure some clubs would ask players to make themselves unavailable for rep footy to try and keep the value down but you can have it so that you have been selected so you are worth X points still. If they still don't want to play that is up to them but your value isn't being reduced.

The rich clubs can spend double or triple on signing players compared to the poorer clubs still but can't afford to have rep players sitting on the bench as certain clubs do now, can't bull**** there worth when points are used.

Totally agree Duffman.

The present system is designed for a few rich clubs to remain near the top. The great pretence of the present administration is that its an even comp. Everyone else, but supporters of those teams, can see that is a lie.

Until a draft or player points system is introduced, there will continue to be some clubs constantly near the top and others near the bottom. Players are not going to choose to go to clubs that remain near the bottom unless they run out of options, or are paid exorbitant monies, thereby lessening that clubs chances of signing other quality players. A club like Gold Coast has no chance of moving up the table, while a club like Melbourne with success through an almost million dollar TPA arrangement will rarely be out of the 8.

It may make the top clubs and supporters happy, but in the end supporters of lesser clubs will give up their interest and walk away. The overall health of the game is at stake and these characters with obvious vested interests at the top are just ensuring that in time Australian Rules will dominate in NSW

Todd and Beatoff told everyone that crimes against women would be an automatic no fault stand down until the matter is resolved in court... Yet another example of the Burgler’s consistency is overrated, and I’ll apply my discretionary propaganda manure as I see fit.

so completely over this game...

I don’t believe josh reynolds has been stood down yet, for his dv offence. Consistency is obviously still overrated in 2020

I read that Canterbury is chasing a Pommie front rower for this season and are willing to pay $700,000 for him. Nothing wrong with that.
But they are expected to be asked to pay a transfer fee to the Pommy club which won't be counted under the salary cap.
Why not?
If transfer fees are salary cap exempt then it further advantages the large wealthy NRL clubs and, once again, underlines how unequal this competition really is.

I don’t believe josh reynolds has been stood down yet, for his dv offence
Nor Sivo, also charged with an offence against a woman
"I want to make it clear this is no fault, we're making no judgement whatsoever, in relation to any player charged with any offence."
Under the policy, players facing charges which carry jail terms of 11 years or more are automatically stood aside on full pay.
Also, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has the discretion to stand down players accused of other offences, including violence against women and children"

Er, one question - if Greenberg has a discretion, how is that not pre-judging each case?
It's impossible to exercise a discretion without judging an issue, unless it is an absolute discretion in which case he can do wtf-ever he wants.
If not absolute, how about providing the criteria? Better yet, how about taking the decision out of Todd's hands and giving it to the Integrity Unit, are they really so useless they can't make the call?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4