Manlys new left edge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well the boys obviously expect to be named there. Doesn’t sound like a Des smokescreen.

Elliott
Garrick
Suli
Parker
Tafua

Garrick on right with Sulli

Well the boys obviously expect to be named there. Doesn’t sound like a Des smokescreen.

Elliott
Garrick
Suli
Parker
Tafua

Garrick on right with Sulli
Which also equals doomed the roosters game will show there true colours imo though the pussycats have some weapons in attack

This is scary.....Taufua is a Powerful winger who can score tries from close range others can't....but the story loses any integrity when they tick the "speed' box....Parker strong ?? has been thrown around a bit in most games I have seen, but will give him credit for always having a red hot go, which I respect.
By round 3 I can see a new look team, but will be cheering on whoever Des picks come game day....

Hasler seems a big fan of Elliott. Interesting to see if he moves into centres Rd 3 ( or earlier ) when Tommy back.

When you think about it we only have one career winger in the top 30.Jorge who is a great finisher but a lottery under the high ball.

Parker, Suli, Elliott,Kioa, Funa, Garrick, Walker have all played the vast majority of their football at centre.
Given the importance of the position these days and the effect on matches it is a bit strange. The top sides have fantastic wingers with speed and great under the high ball.
Ferguson and his tall mate we’re huge for Roosters last year and Vunavalu and The Fox sensational.

One of our huge weaknesses last year was defending the high ball and scoring off it. Hard to see how that changes this year, although Elliot is supposed to be pretty safe under a high ball.

Last edited:
Apparently Jennings has ousted the kid they had wraps on and will play centre with Masters on the other side.
Fonua and the other Polynesian giant on the wings. Mmbye at the back.Hes so much better at the back than halfback.
I reckon one guy we need to watch is Matterson from the chooks. Future origin player IMO.

I really don’t like brad Parker, I mean I’m sure he is a nice guy and all, I just don’t want him in the team. I really thought funa/Garrick/kioa would snuff out a spot ahead of Bradley and I’m real disappointed they didn’t.

Apparently Jennings has ousted the kid they had wraps on and will play centre with Masters on the other side.
Fonua and the other Polynesian giant on the wings. Mmbye at the back.Hes so much better at the back than halfback.
I reckon one guy we need to watch is Matterson from the chooks. Future origin player IMO.

Jennings on wing
Masters & momirovski centres
Probably Corey Thompson other wing, noafoaluma is injured.

Matterson is a great player, we could’ve had him but went for an older and fairly pedestrian Joel Thompson - who probably also cost more money

Heard plenty of good things about Momirovsky .

Tigers a smoky this year. Have them in my eight if Maguire doesn’t strangle them.

I reckon these two will surprise you all. Tafua is one of the best wingers in the competition at finishing and working from your own end. He does make the odd mistake, but our team looks much stronger when he's on the field.

His defence depends on the Centre inside him, but he has performed well in this respect in the past with better partners, especially rushing in (compared to sliding). I expect this is a tactic we will use given Hasler's history. With a clear defensive decision making system in place it will be much easier for Parker who has shown promise defensively in the past and appears to have bulked up. He is young and looked lost under Barrett.

I don't know how much strike power these two will have for creating opportunities, but we have other guys for that and I think these two will do a decent enough job of finishing chances.

It's certainly backs against the wall.

Even one eyed Silvertails give our boys in Maroon and White no chance.

Toovs loved his fish and chip paper.

Des cares little for paper. Footy Games sure as aren't won on it.

Don't expect it too be pretty Folks.

But expect to see the real Manly traits shining through.

MAN is back.

Taufua's speed. No offence to Jorge but the only way he's going to have any speed is if he hits up the local dealer for some. Half the forwards in the NRL could run the length of the field faster than he can.
Haha hes pretty quick mate he just doesn't get into open space much any more as they smoother him when he runs the ball because they know hes deceptively strong. Ol jorge is ok but if he doesn't improve he shouldn't be resigned

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4