Manly's chances for Orford just rose.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader

Ben Ross has just signed a 2 year deal with Cronulla, with a 2 year option.

Source : 2GB

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/news.php?extend.2408

Umm, now Melbourne have the Ross money to spend on Orford?

Just a thought from left field.

Souths are under pressure from the NRL to relocate to the Central Coast , there has now been 16 days (probably longer but lets assume he wasn't approached pre June 30) for Orford and his management to consider the 3 offers.

Fact: Orford wants to return the Central Coast or at least be closer to his family on the Central Coast.
Fact: every other marquee player has now been signed

So why the delay with Orford, could the South Sydney move to the Central Coast be sooner than we think and Orford is waiting for Souths to confirm to him that they will be moving to Central Coast, if not 2006 but maybe 2007?

There just seems to be no valid reason why Orford has not annouced his intentions for the next 3 years.

He was obviously waiting to see where everyone else went. i.e if harrison and ross were at souths he'd probably be keener to sign with them. understand?

I do understand, I was just floating a thought as to why he has taken so long to announce his decision. Ross new yesterday who he was signing with and Harriison and Anasta both announced their decisions early in the week. I just cannot accept that Orford can not decide which club he wants to join, unless there is something that it is not known to the public.

agree, read the Ross to the sharks i the same way, Orford may have been waiting to see if Ross was heading south ( way south!)

pete offers some good points....you fit in well here pete.

If Souths go to the centrral coast orford is going there too.....I would say we will here something by wednesday

Souths have a 3 year deal with Telstra Stadium, it'd cost them a too large of a portion of that 8 million to renege.

you would however think that the NRL would offer some compensation for this however and probably help equal the deal. Problem is the central coast want their own team not a relocated old team

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4