Manlys biggest GF threat??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Of the top 8 its Nth Qld imo, with Dogs/Sths/Storm down a few rungs next.
The Cows have a great foward pack offering impact & workers with a smart 9 who gels with his halves. Throw in JT & Bowen who will destroy most defence if a platform is layed. Also have some underrated players like Cooper on the edges who has been in good form, great finisher in Graham & a massive future star backrower - Taumololo.
Without bias or arrogance though, Manlys major threat for mine would be a bad run with injury, at full strength look the most likely in 2012.
Interested to see Who ppl rate as the biggest threats & why??

At full strength, Manly will win the 2012 Premiership. But Souths are the biggest threat IMO, with Inglis firing.

Frank said:
The only threat to Manly in 2012 is injuries and suspension. I don't know why the other teams bother.

Agree but you left out the referees

The Wheel said:
Frank said:
The only threat to Manly in 2012 is injuries and suspension. I don't know why the other teams bother.

Agree but you left out the referees

Don't agree. We are that good that I believe we can even overcome them. :D

I really hope we take this weekends game against the titans seriously. I would hate to see injuries come out of it.

Our own attitude will be the biggest worry. But recent finals results when running into finals with momentum indicates we should be right there.

Of the teams in the running, Melbourne due to their big match players running the show, and North Qld as they have the best balance of the remaining teams.

robbiea said:
Storm biggest threat by a mile.
You obviously haven't been watching the same games from this rabble over the last 6 weeks! Very Very lucky to get away with the Bronco's win via some help from the men in the middle & in the Box. Got towled up on Monday by an average Sharkes outfit, god knows how Sharkes let them take that one away from them. Prior to the last 2 games they were getting thumped heavily by average teams. Remember Parra smashed them!

Dogs are in the same catergory average over the last month except for a few freaky and lucky things going their way. The real Dogs got smashed last week, remember this is the same mob who the Tigers beat up only two weeks ago, once again except for dodgy decisions they somehow got the points!

Cows and Souffs are not going all that great, so as one previous poster said, it's ours to loose with injuries or refs going ferrel on us will be the only thing that stops us fro9m going back to back!

I care less about who we end up playing in the GF and more about getting an even hand by the blind freddies in the middle over the next month.

Has to be NQ. There is something about them this year. That forward pack is monstrous as well.

I also think the little boys are the best squad , apart from Manly in the comp. They have the goods everywhere. Only weakness is a strength. Tate just doesn't pass the ball ever, but johnson and hall in the back row, JT and bowen, scott and tamau,a nice bench. If the cows don't win a comp this year or next they never will

Noticing a few other clubs are **** scared of us.
And a lot of Bulldogs supporters are hoping they don't meet us week 1 as they either way it'll take weeks for them to recover.

eagles2win said:
Noticing a few other clubs are s**t scared of us.
And a lot of Bulldogs supporters are hoping they don't meet us week 1 as they either way it'll take weeks for them to recover.
Aso players mate - Eastwood is worried about the imminent match against the Seaeagles & rightly so.
Their fans have given it to us since Des departure - some in a fair banter rivalry mode - others sneaky & condassending(spelling) - others rude & vile. Look foward to having the last laugh on all of them - the time of reckoning is upon us.....

I agree that on paper the 'Boys have the second best roster.
Souffs are definitely building for something big, but that will be at least one season away. I hope we meet Storm in the GF, just so we can dominate like in 2008.
However, I do have a soft spot for Cronulla. They have achieved great things this season against the odds, and deserve another GF appearance, knowing, of course, that their two previous GFs resultsed in losses to the mighty Manly.

I think we have the Bulldogs covered, and they know it as well. Untried young halves under finals pressure will be their downfall. Barba is dangerous, but he can only score so many "lucky" tries. Hopefully all the publicity surrounding the obstruction rule will cause a crack down by the refs and this will nullify 75% of their attacking options.

Storm's recent record isn't that flash, lost 5 in a row and have only fallen over the line for wins the last two weeks. Don't think Slater is fully fit. In Melbourne they will be tough, but I'd be confident of a win on neutral ground.

Souths. We gave them a taste of what's coming a couple of weeks back, and that was only 40 minutes of football in poor conditions. There's a reason they haven't won a premiership for 40+ years.

Cowboys are the biggest worry. They have a pack that can compete on a level footing wth ours and perhaps even dominate us. They rely on Thurston a lot, but he is a big match player and if he gets support from Bowen then they may threaten. But we have a good record against them in general and we have towelled them up in finals the last two times we met post season.

Cronulla, Raiders, Broncos and Tigers are just making up the numbers.

The biggest threat is our selves .If we are on our game no one will stop us !!!

Dogs or cows, dogs might be able to lift against us and the cows seem to have the right cattle...BUT if we play to our ability we win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4