Manlys best since fulton, Napper or Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Greg Inglis will rightly be an immortal

Brett wouldn't even be ushered in the same breath

That's taking off my maroon and white glasses and speaking as a rugby league fan

Argument over ?

Beaver boy said:

That's taking off my maroon and white glasses and speaking as a rugby league fan

Argument over ?

Personally I think Inglis as an immortal is highly debateable. Cameron Smith out of the current generation to me is an immortal in waiting, I think the rest get bandied about far far too easily. To me the next in line (after Smith) in the current generation would be Thurston.

Inglis is a great/freakish player no doubt. But his propensity to go missing for games on end has been an issue right through his career. I do believe the move to fullback (especially in the last year or so) has really seen a massive improvement in his involvement.....but does that guarantee immortal status? Not in my eyes.

Beaver boy said:

Argument over ?

What argument?

I thought this was about Cliffy and Snake.

Wally lewis may be the king and perhaps rightfully so, but its not playing ability that gets him to that lofty height, he was real old fashioned leader. Look at the fight with Geyer in origin. Wally had to be getting on a bit at that stage, he has this young upstart forward dominating his pack. What should an old hard head do to inspire your side to victory? Wally knew he didn't even have to win the fight to ignite the fire in his forwards belly..

If we are talking football ability alone, setting up a try, Cliffy makes the King look average and predictable, like a slow heavy set boring lock. I can't claim to have seen much of Bozo, but for mine, I have never seen anyone ever, better then Clifford touch a football. That pass so late to a player running back on the inside, the opposing could know it was coming, and still be left dump founded and mesmerised when the ball left Nappers hands. Watching Napper set up try's, it was magical, it was just poetry in motion, Hell it was better then sex.

Well this thread taught me something.

Cliffy's nickname was/is napper! :s

I never knew that. :blush:

That explains Napper's username as well. :idea:

That's 2 things! :cool:

I SHOULD'VE know this! (not should of) :D

Cliffy said:
Wally lewis may be the king and perhaps rightfully so, but its not playing ability that gets him to that lofty height, he was real old fashioned leader. Look at the fight with Geyer in origin. Wally had to be getting on a bit at that stage, he has this young upstart forward dominating his pack. What should an old hard head do to inspire your side to victory? Wally knew he didn't even have to win the fight to ignite the fire in his forwards belly..

If we are talking football ability alone, setting up a try, Cliffy makes the King look average and predictable, like a slow heavy set boring lock. I can't claim to have seen much of Bozo, but for mine, I have never seen anyone ever, better then Clifford touch a football. That pass so late to a player running back on the inside, the opposing could know it was coming, and still be left dump founded and mesmerised when the ball left Nappers hands. Watching Napper set up try's, it was magical, it was just poetry in motion, Hell it was better then sex.

Add "dump founded" to the list. lol

Worth remembering that while Beaver played in some of Manly's best ever sides he also played in some of our worst (which is harder) - and he was never less than excellent, in both attack and defence. He always stuck solid with the club, always gave his all, a legend on and off the field.
He'll always be my favourite Manly player, but there's room in my heart for a whole lot more, including Cliffy, Snake, Wombat, Killer, Matty Ballin, Nik Kosef, Daniel Gartner, etc, etc, etc.

russell Gartner gets a mention from me because i remember back in the day he used to score some fantastic tries co op and solo.Probably not the best since bozo but he deserves a mention here. Having said that i would go stewart for his ability to inject terror and Menzies for being an all rounder and Jamie L because he can keep a level head in desperate times and knows when to keep his mouth shut. Terry randall, graham Eadie too many to name.

We have been blessed over the years, so many guys from our 70's teams are right up there. Hard to go past Bozo for what he achieved in the game as a player and coach, the Beaver is right up there too. I love Snake as a player and a human too after what hes done for the club and those affected by diabetes. Cliffy was phenomenal, and his combo with Beaver the best ive seen. My personal favourite is the Wombat, he as a player is why I loved Manly so much.

Wow tuff one cant split them really but cause i have to make a choice i would go for Snake . My reason being if you put snake back in cliffy's era he would absolutely kill it as he does in his era now , but im not sure how cliffy would go in todays game probably get targeted more and might be a bit too quicker for him but then again cliffy always had time on his side ahh bugger i dont know both played with the great beaver so its even for me cant spit them

Cliffy made the opposition look like inept school kids, most games. Snake not as often.
Mid 90's travelling over the harbour to watch a cliffy master class within a special bozo coached team was well worth the bus, ferry, bus fares.
Buddies and I named him precision and that final pass was exactly that.

Wow tuff one cant split them really but cause i have to make a choice i would go for Snake . My reason being if you put snake back in cliffy's era he would absolutely kill it as he does in his era now , but im not sure how cliffy would go in todays game probably get targeted more and might be a bit too quicker for him but then again cliffy always had time on his side ahh bugger i dont know both played with the great beaver so its even for me cant spit them
Not sure the smokes would go down too well in today's era either

Hasler, Foran, DCE, Rowdy I just can't split them................Ohhh I thought this was Manly's greatest Traitors. Wrong thread. Silly me.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6