Manly will learn

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Seriously, did you ever think we were going to win the comp?

We have over achieved massively , especially with all that cap on the sideline BUT once injuries started to bite we were always going to come up a bit short.

Love to think we could but we had to have absolutely everything go our way, which is an impossible dream.
If things fell the right way we could've won

We got what we deserved today. They ran nearly 2000 metres in the game and offloaded at will, we did not show any aggression in defence and they carved us up. Credit for the fight back in the first part of the 2nd half but too many mistakes and discipline was really poor today. Young team and today a huge learning curve, Reaction next week fellas!!!

Its Footy, there are ups and downs. Keep realistic expectations and just enjoy when we do play well. Our depth was always going to be our Achilles heel this year, we will pretty much need our top 17 to be a true top 4 side. Next year we should be able to add more depth when we are no longer have Snake and Matai under our cap. I agree Trent's press conference was pleasing.

Its Footy, there are ups and downs. Keep realistic expectations
Good advice.
And a big down doesn't mean there won't be any more up. Many forget that even the year we won the grand final 40-nil, we lost our Round 20, 21 and 23 games which included the Chooks putting 34 on us and Souths (who finished 14th that year!) racking up 40.

Yes, everything had to go our way ( as in no major injuries and largely putting the same side out each week).

It's no surprise as the injuries have arrived so has our slump!
But mark the thing is that our players will come back (except taufua, skivy and snake). So why can't we go deep into September (or early October for that matter). Sure we are likely at odds to do so now seeing +/- and ladder position, and yes I certainly understand and agree for the most part where you're coming from, although if baz gets us set up for a few rampaging weeks in the finals (whether we finish top 4 or not) we will be capable of beating anyone.

Our two problems this season have been consistency and depth. If we can get on a consistent run and get most of our main players all back and fit for September, I for one certainly wouldn't rule us out of at least featuring in the prelims or perhaps even October.

The donkeys got slammed by the storm with only a few out, a full strength sharks got slammed by a full strength manly, a full strength roosters got slammed by the sharks. These sides are all considered big chances to make the gf, so just because we got slammed today doesn't mean we can't go all the way. Let's all hope we can keep our players avoiding injury ;)

Its Footy, there are ups and downs. Keep realistic expectations and just enjoy when we do play well. Our depth was always going to be our Achilles heel this year, we will pretty much need our top 17 to be a true top 4 side. Next year we should be able to add more depth when we are no longer have Snake and Matai under our cap. I agree Trent's press conference was pleasing.
This match really did show where we should focus plenty of our money for next season, depth certainly should be a huge focus.

I'm reasonably confident we can beat any other team in the comp . . . except Illawarra. There is something weird happens when we play them; they play terrific and we put in dismal performances.
If Illawarra plays as well in that first half for a full match they will win the comp. Thing is, they won't play that well again unless it's against us in a finals match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8