Manly Warringah Sea Eagles V Gummys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Queensland Cup - Semi Final 1

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles v Central Comets

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles Team:

1. Dennis Sandow
2. Michael Chapman
3. Shane Neumann
4. Andrew Suniala
5. Ryan Walker
6. Rob Godfrey
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Phil Morwood
9. Cameron Joyce
10. Junior Palau
11. Vic Mauro
12. Jon Grieve
13. John Muir

Interchange
14. Simon Allen
15. Mark Page
16. Tony Williams
17. Tim Brown

Coach: Brandon COSTIN

Central Comets Team:

1.  Tom HEWITT
2.  Matt SING
3.  Karl JOHNSON
4.  Tyron HAYNES
5.  Dallas WILLIAMS
6.  Nat BOWMAN c
7.  Marc FICKLING
13. Mick ESDALE
12. Guy WILLIAMS
11. Alan ROTHERY
10. Aaron SUMMERS
9.  Ian WEBSTER
8.  George TUAKURA

Interchange:
14. PJ MARSH
15. Jade WILLIAMS
16. Liam ANLEZARK
17. Gerard PARLE

Coach: Wayne BARNETT

The Wheel link said:
Guy Williams used to be on \"Lost in Space\"

Yep, you are right. He was the dad John Robinson but that Guy Williams has been dead for about 20 years now.  Maybe this Guy Williams parents were a fan of the show/actor.

Sea Eagles v Sharks
Brookvale Oval
Sunday, 2pm AEST

The return of Brett Stewart for Manly will turn this game from a likely average, easy win for the Sea Eagles into one that will garner plenty of interest from all rugby league fans.

Because all of a sudden, Manly have overcome a hump of poor form and are climbing back up the table. Now with Stewart in their side, the 2008 premiers are looking daunting for every opponent.

However, Stewart’s return coincides with a downer, with Jamie Lyon forced out with a shoulder injury. Don’t underestimate Lyon’s contribution to the Sea Eagles this year – they are a weakened team without him, even taking into account Stewart’s return.

Even so, Ricky Stuart will have another tough week with his rag-tag bunch of rookies and reserve graders, holding onto their never-say-die attitude in the hope that eventually it will result in a win. That still looks unlikely this weekend.

Watch out Sea Eagles: Despite now losing eight in a row, the Sharks have something no-one can take away from them: pride. They nearly upset the Titans last weekend at their home ground, just by running on the field with more enthusiasm and effort than the opposition. But everyone knows it takes more than that to win a football game.

Anthony Watmough is currently Manly’s best player, but he has some defensive deficiencies the Sharks can exploit. The back-rower will love nothing more than putting a hit on the big boppers of the Sharks, just as he did last time they played when he put a huge shot on Johnny Mannah.

Watmough comes out of the line to put the hits on, but doesn’t effect the tackle when he does. If the Sharks’ big men, including Kade Snowden and Luke Douglas, can stand their ground when Watmough comes charging out of the line and evade him, then pop an offload to a speedy back like Nathan Stapleton, they can break open the Sea Eagles’ defence.

Also, Manly have just a 53 per cent success rate in defusing a cross-field bomb, so Scott Porter or Blake Green should be putting them up for Luke Covell, who is solid under the high ball.

Watch out Sharks: Brett Sewart is an attacking weapon the Sea Eagles will have no trouble unleashing. He also shouldn’t take too long to settle into the game.

After a four-week lay-off to begin the year, Stewart came in for two games and scored five tries, averaged 138 metres and made 12 tackle breaks.

Following through on a kick, or even after making a line break, Sharks fullback Stapleton is not experienced enough to know how to stop a player like Stewart.

The combination of Watmough back again with Stewart is a scary prospect, so expect the fullback to be hanging around Watmough for much of the game, waiting for him to make a bust or line up a pass that puts him into space.

Where it will be won: The Sharks have no hope of matching Manly’s skill and experience in the backline, so they will be relying on their forwards to dominate the Sea Eagles’ pack and contain the space for Matt Orford, Watmough and Stewart.

Paul Gallen, Anthony Tupou, Snowden and Douglas are Cronulla’s best hopes. They are consistent but have their work cut out for them, as Manly averages more than 100 extra metres a game.

In defence, Snowden, Douglas and Grant Millington are Cronulla’s most efficient defenders, with more than a 90 per cent tackling rate.

Manly’s metres come from Watmough (137 a game) and their backs. Props Jason King and Josh Perry only average 88 and 78 metres respectively. For the Sharks, Snowden averages 103, Gallen 137 and Douglas 117. This is where the Sharks have to dominate if they are to have any hope.

The history: Played 75; Sea Eagles 51, Sharks 22, drawn 2. The Sea Eagles have won five of the past eight clashes between the sides. At Brookvale Oval they have played 33 games, with the home side winning 27, the Sharks five with one draw.

Conclusion: At this point of the season at Brookvale Oval in Stewart’s return game the Sharks have very little hope of getting over the top of Manly.

Even if their forwards can dominate, mistakes will kill the advantage. Cronulla have the worst error rate in the NRL (with 303 this season), while Manly have one of the best with 254.

Those loose balls will be pounced on by the Sea Eagles’ backs and their strike weapons Watmough and Stewart will capitalise.

Manly should win this one by a sizeable margin with a top-four finish beckoning.

Match officials: Referees – Jason Robinson & Phil Haines; Sideline officials – Grant Atkins & Mohamad Fajajo; Video Referee – Phil Cooley.

Televised:
Fox Sports – Live 2pm (AEST).

* Statistics:
NRL Stats.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/56445/sea-eagles-v-sharks-preview/default.aspx

Interesting to read that our error count is one of the best.  I wouldn't have thought so given last Sundays error rate. 

DSM5 link said:
Interesting to read that our error count is one of the best.  I wouldn't have thought so given last Sundays error rate.  

yeah I was surprised by that too.. It feels pretty bad.

What didn't surprise me was the stat that 53% of cross field kicks we can't diffuse. That's massive.. Very few Misses on wolfy's wing I'm sure!!  ;D

those misses almost all exclusively are down T Williams wing

I was thinking back through our results this year and although we lost some games we shouldnt have we have had a tough draw and actually ae not that far off the pace

Yet 2 months ago you wrote off our season and suggested we start blooding younger players and give up on back to back titles.......

clontaago link said:
Yet 2 months ago you wrote off our season and suggested we start blooding younger players and give up on back to back titles.......

yes at the start of the season when we didnt have the benefit of hindsight! We had 4 losses and no wins!

Now all of that is behind us and i have the benefit of look back across the wins and games

I've posted previously I think we can win the GF this year.  I've been to lots of games to see the Dogs, Dragqueens, Parra and others and haven't seen a standout side.  They all have deficiencies that can be exploited.  With Stewart back we look the most balanced and the win on Sunday will do heaps for our confidence.  Lyon rested for a week or two and then into the finals, it's game on and we look strong.

Dan link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=181458.msg238462#msg238462 date=1251328067]

yes at the start of the season when we didnt have the benefit of hindsight! We had 4 losses and no wins!

Now all of that is behind us and i have the benefit of look back across the wins and games
[/quote]

Thats not hindsight Dan, its a lack of vision.

That's why people like us are on forums, and people that run the club and pick the team are paid to do so.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181458.msg238464#msg238464 date=1251328584]
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=181458.msg238462#msg238462 date=1251328067]

[/quote]

Thats not hindsight Dan, its a lack of vision.

That's why people like us are on forums, and people that run the club and pick the team are paid to do so.
[/quote]

I never claimed to be a Football know-it-all however I did state an opinion which is why forums exist.

And if looking back at the season once it is done and changing an opinion isn't hindsight then there is no such thing!

hindsight is 20-20!

If ever I wanted a comment to come back and bite me on the arse it will be this one:

I don't think we are good enough, nor consisent enough to make the GF, let alone win it!

Cue Mata and a big picture comment.....?

(Note: cannot include the words: Head in Sand, Rose tinted glasses, Orford is crap, Sandwiches, Lazy, Sloppy, Rubbish or Live on previous glories)
PS Volley not allowed to tell me to get off my high horse or that he is better than us

It's coming don't worry.

From what I saw in Melbourne last weekend if we can just get the attacck to click we will take a LOT of stopping.

And I wonder why we are now 3rd on TAB Sportbet to win the title, I wonder do they know something???

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7