Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - NYC Grand Final, 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pratt will be next to go particularly if he has a good game and kicks a few goals on Sunday. Built like a brick --it house.
But isn't our club philosophy now all about giving youngsters who we have developed their chance to shine with other clubs? So he's a slogan for our future seasons:
MANLY. Where it is better to give than to receive.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/former-clarence-kid-adds-to-coaching-credentials-r/2792278/
Former Clarence kid adds to coaching credentials

Matthew Elkerton | 1st Oct 2015 12:00 PM
FORMER South Grafton Rebels first-grader Dane McKay will likely be chewing his fingernails when the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles line up in the Holden Cup grand final on Sunday.

The Sea Eagles will meet minor premiers Penrith Panthers in the under-20 decider ahead of the NRL grand final on Sunday.

Manly will start underdogs in the final but assistant coach McKay said he was confident they will impress with several players on the cusp of making first grade.

"Tom Trbojevic has been fantastic all year," he said. "So has the bulldog Adison Demetriou."

For McKay, it will be a bittersweet event as it will be his last match as assistant coach of the side.

"So if the Titans are looking for a coach I have both of my hands up."

McKay, who linked with the Sea Eagles six years ago and helped steer the Harold Matthews and SG Ball sides before progressing to the Holden Cup competition last year, is one of the victims of a reshuffle at the club that has also claimed the scalp of first-grade coach Geoff Toovey.

"With the major coaching shake-up in first grade we have also been sacked for next year," McKay said.

"It is actually a shame as nobody has had the decency to speak to the rest of us apart from (Holden Cup coach) Dave Heath."

While disappointed with the process, McKay said he is keen to remain involved in coaching.

"I would like to get back towards home in the next few years," he said. "So if the Titans are looking for a coach I have both of my hands up."

McKay also doubles as the statistics recorder in the Sea Eagles' first-grade coaching box and the taste of the top grade has him hooked and could stop him moving back to the country.

"I would not mind getting into country league coaching, definitely down the line into the future but for now I would definitely like to crack it into the top grades," he said.

"It is quite addictive."

McKay also works as a teacher at St Pauls Catholic College in Manly and said it could be quite demanding juggling both roles.

"Most days I am leaving home at six and not getting back until about eight or nine," he said.

"It is a bit hard for me but I'm sure the wife enjoys having me out of her hair."

upload_2015-10-1_16-32-2.png

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/former-clarence-kid-adds-to-coaching-credentials-r/2792278/

FORMER South Grafton Rebels first-grader Dane McKay will likely be chewing his fingernails when the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles line up in the Holden Cup grand final on Sunday.

The Sea Eagles will meet minor premiers Penrith Panthers in the under-20 decider ahead of the NRL grand final on Sunday.

Manly will start underdogs in the final but assistant coach McKay said he was confident they will impress with several players on the cusp of making first grade.

"Tom Trbojevic has been fantastic all year," he said. "So has the bulldog Adison Demetriou."

For McKay, it will be a bittersweet event as it will be his last match as assistant coach of the side.

McKay, who linked with the Sea Eagles six years ago and helped steer the Harold Matthews and SG Ball sides before progressing to the Holden Cup competition last year, is one of the victims of a reshuffle at the club that has also claimed the scalp of first-grade coach Geoff Toovey.

"With the major coaching shake-up in first grade we have also been sacked for next year," McKay said.

"It is actually a shame as nobody has had the decency to speak to the rest of us apart from (Holden Cup coach) Dave Heath."

While disappointed with the process, McKay said he is keen to remain involved in coaching.

"I would like to get back towards home in the next few years," he said. "So if the Titans are looking for a coach I have both of my hands up."

McKay also doubles as the statistics recorder in the Sea Eagles' first-grade coaching box and the taste of the top grade has him hooked and could stop him moving back to the country.

"I would not mind getting into country league coaching, definitely down the line into the future but for now I would definitely like to crack it into the top grades," he said.

"It is quite addictive."

McKay also works as a teacher at St Pauls Catholic College in Manly and said it could be quite demanding juggling both roles.

"Most days I am leaving home at six and not getting back until about eight or nine," he said.

"It is a bit hard for me but I'm sure the wife enjoys having me out of her hair."
Yes the Penns can do whatever they like, and it seems that means not telling people they are sacked, just letting them find out through the grape vine. Thanks for six years of service.

Yes the Penns can do whatever they like, and it seems that means not telling people they are sacked, just letting them find out through the grape vine. Thanks for six years of service.

Yeah it seems the Penns not only do what they like but they are also extremely unprofessional. This is actually very embarrassing behaviour from supposed business people....!!

Anyway, a big thank you to Dane for all your hard work over the years, I wish you all the best...!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n-final-nyc-game/story-fngr8iii-1227554409285

Pivot desperate for premiership success in final NYC game
October 2, 2015 4:22pm
Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily

WILL Pearsall has been on Manly’s books for so long he feels like a veteran.

It seems like an odd statement given he is only 20, but the livewire pivot has been wearing maroon and white since his early teens when he was picked in the Sea Eagles’ Harold Matthews squad.

Sunday looms as his final appearance for the club, having made his debut in the Holden Cup back in 2012.

A premiership against red-hot favourites Penrith is firmly on his mind.

“It would be the perfect way to go out,’’ the apprentice carpenter said.

“I have loved every minute of my time with Manly, it is a great club where I have been lucky enough to develop my game and also forge some lifelong friendships.

v1

“The Panthers will start favourites, and deservedly so, but I think if we stick to our game plan we can beat them.”

Pearsall, who played his junior footy with The Entrance Tigers on the Central Coast, this week recalled his NYC debut.

“It was against the Storm at Brookvale Oval,’’ he said. “I was so nervous, I just wanted to catch and pass.

“The last two years have been great, plenty of quality players are coming through the grades.”

Pearsall is not the only “Coastie” in Manly’s extended NYC grand final squad.

Eight players from the region have been used by coach David Heath at different stages of the year, making car pooling to Sydney for training and matches a genuine option.

“It has certainly made things easier,’’ Pearsall said. “We all take turns driving, so it is nice sometimes just to sit back and relax.”

Manly’s two assistant coaches have also been pivotal to the team’s success in 2015.

Dan Wortley (forwards) and Dane McKay (backs) have worked tirelessly to ensure the Baby Sea Eagles are ready to fire each round.

“I can’t thank them enough, their contribution has been invaluable,’’ coach Heath said.

“It is no fluke we have got this far, everyone has pitched in. We are 80 minutes away from achieving what we all set out to in pre-season, it is very exciting.”

Following the grand final, the squad will make its way to Manly Leagues Club for a function at 5.30pm.

"Is this a way to run a effin ballroom?"

I am looking for a way to watch the game online. I am in Thailand and only have an iPad so some streams don't work. An advice would be appreciated!

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8