Game Day: Manly v Wests Tigers [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't understand why Lussick was dropped. I think he played well last week in limited game time. Would have given him the nod over Green on the bench. I also like Jake at 13 over Tapau.
Yep have to say Green was invisible against the Dogs... I think he would be better off learning his craft (as a converted back) in NSW Cup.

i think next week team will have knight in for Vave, hopefully mateo in for green
Agree. I think Barrett is giving him another week so he doesn't destroy his confidence after talking him up a bit.

If they were willing to drop Lussick who is Bozos BFF, then I'd say Green is on notice too. Probably Williame as well.

Green for Mateo is a no brainer for mine. Mateo adds size,

Tapau was a standout for the world champs.
They are great players don't get me wrong, but not used to winning more than they lose. It's up to the coach and culture to get them to right place.

Ryan, Green played backrow in the trials

Also love everyones assumptions after one game, most hysterical bunch of children I've ever seen, ha

Nobody is a success, failure, good coach or bad or successful signing or not after one game

The addition of Starling makes sense, as he is an underrated defender with good lateral movement for a prop, handy against Tigers who really attack that ruck area with Tedesco & Co & Simona types who scoot from dummy half.

Agreed, he has a low error/penalty rate and is a tackling machine.

The addition of Starling makes sense, as he is an underrated defender with good lateral movement for a prop, handy against Tigers who really attack that ruck area with Tedesco & Co & Simona types who scoot from dummy half.
Starlo has big minutes in him also. And BJ used to before his surgery, much better team, just swap snake for goat boy and Mateo/ Leary for green and we're almost there.

Barretts 2nd go at selections is bugger all better than his first.

1. With limited interchanges we CANNOT afford to carry 2 hookers. Pick one or the other, but just pick one and use one of the light weight backrowers as a backup.
2. Williame? I'm just speechless, why Trent? Why do we have one of these players every season? WHY???????
3. Jake was the best player on the field last week, so what do we do? Move him to a different position.......just shoot me now!
4. Why can't Barrett see that Tapau is an impact player best used off the bench, it's not rocket science Trent.
5. In what universe was Leary deserving of being dropped before Brown, did he watch the same game as I did last week?
6. Lussick dropped and Vave not????? Lussick was our 2nd best forward on stats last week and it earned him a stint in reserve grade, really????

Week 2 selections is another fail for mine, the Tigers will win this one in a canter. I am very disappointed and disillusioned.

I do like the Jake at Lock move, gives Taupau the ability to terrorize smaller guys on the edges, plus the Tigers would know how to shut him down in the middle because they worked with him.

Green and Williame can have one more chance, but if I was Barrett I would pick Lavaka and Leary over those two.

I think the first round poor performance can be blamed on nerves and a lack of proper cohesion. I am hoping for us to improve massively this week.

Barrett needs to either go with a back row that can play the full 80mins (ala Buhrer / Brown / Leary) or go with one hooker. My preference is 1 hooker and a bigger pack. I would go with the below when all are fit:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. S. Matai
4. J. Lyon
5. T. Trbojevic
6. D.Walker
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Starling
9. M. Parcell
10. N. Myles
11. F. Mateo
12. J. Buhrer
13. J. Trbojevic

14. M. Tapau
15. D. Lussick
16. B. Lawrence
17. L. Brown / T. Symonds

Williame would go alright if he didn't **** himself in the top grade.

Looked like a star during the 9's cause that was all about going out there and having fun. Dude can play but looks like he seizes up whenever playing 1sts
The chokes!

giphy.gif

Barretts 2nd go at selections is bugger all better than his first.

1. With limited interchanges we CANNOT afford to carry 2 hookers. Pick one or the other, but just pick one and use one of the light weight backrowers as a backup.
2. Williame? I'm just speechless, why Trent? Why do we have one of these players every season? WHY???????
3. Jake was the best player on the field last week, so what do we do? Move him to a different position.......just shoot me now!
4. Why can't Barrett see that Tapau is an impact player best used off the bench, it's not rocket science Trent.
5. In what universe was Leary deserving of being dropped before Brown, did he watch the same game as I did last week?
6. Lussick dropped and Vave not????? Lussick was our 2nd best forward on stats last week and it earned him a stint in reserve grade, really????

Week 2 selections is another fail for mine, the Tigers will win this one in a canter. I am very disappointed and disillusioned.

I disagree with a lot of your points there.

1. 2 Hookers can still work, it worked for the Raiders, Broncos and Tigers last week.
2. Yeah..... Williame is trash.
3. Lock is just another prop these days. He really won't play a much different game, if anything he will get even more ball which will help.
4. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I can see where you are coming from but.... I don't know. I think he is a fine starter.
5. Brown was fine on Firday, Green was the issue.
6. I think Trent is doing what a lot of new coaches do and just move around their forward pack a bunch to work out the best set-up. Giving people a week or two in the top grade before rotating them. Wayne Bennett did something similar last year. Give it a few weeks and he should have the forward pack sorted.

I'd rather Mateos rocks or diamonds or learys attitude over greens rocks and general nothingness. Like jake in the back row can play a Gallen type role there. We need the extra prop

Very disappointed there's no Leary but very happy to have Starling and Lawrence back.

Still worried about Monday though.
Totally agree. Leary was great when he came on Friday night. He didn't deserve to be dropped. I would have him over Green. I don't mind Brown still being there or the two hookers

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4