Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Warriors massive pack is a myth. Mannering, Thompson, Hoffman are no bigger than our back row. Ben Mat is big yea, but Marty is bigger. Lussick v Lillyman is just about right too. Then the bench, Gubb, Lisone, and Gavet aren't huge.

Parcel's defence was holding up brilliantly for the majority of the season, it's not a weak point of his at all.
His defensive communication is his weak point, he can't organise our defence like Api can, Api also hits harder than Parcell in defence. You can watch back all game this year with Api at 9, the ruck is a lot more strong and don't say but we got flogged in round 1 and 2 by heaps of points. Those first 2 games our defence on the edges is where we lost those games.

Warriors massive pack is a myth. Mannering, Thompson, Hoffman are no bigger than our back row. Ben Mat is big yea, but Marty is bigger. Lussick v Lillyman is just about right too. Then the bench, Gubb, Lisone, and Gavet aren't huge.

Parcel's defence was holding up brilliantly for the majority of the season, it's not a weak point of his at all.

This is true! Except Matulino is 6ft 4 and 118kg so Martin is smaller lol. If they had Vete (Who isn't that tall at 6ft 2. But is around 115kg and young Sipley who is huge) Then the pack has a menacing look. Otherwise its not a big pack. In fact the backline is probably bigger than the forwards with giants Vatuvei/Fusitua/Maumalo and Ayshford who is tall and Kata Although short built like a tank lol.
Our forwards have there's. Worried about the worriers backline.

We will need to shut down Johnson. Worried about brown. Wish we had a better option. Think we will get the Warriors though.

EXCLUSIVE In The Mole in @LeagueWeek today: Which Test forward from an out-of-Sydney club is in massive trouble with his team's officials?

Someone outed it as Mautalino

It wouldn't surprise me to see Leary dropped off the bench for Myles.

Two good things I see. We've kept the same spine (Tom, Killer, DCE, Jake & Api) and we have the same starting pack as last week.
What's with Miles anyway. Is he just using us as a way to keep his fitness levels up for SOO. How can someone be so hot and cold in regards to the 2 levels of games.

At least there will be a few missing when we play the Vermin.

The Goanna's going for a month ( and with a broken Jaw it should be 2 months ) and they've sacked Carter.

Hope a few more are out by game day to even things up a bit.

Last edited:
The Warriors can't win in Perth, it is too far away from their home. They come over the day before, have a 5 hour jetlag and play very poorly because they are tired. I am very glad Manly decided to move their home game here, because the Warriors are shocking at Perth.

That alone gives me some confidence.

( and with a broken Jew it should be 2 months )

Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?

What's with Miles anyway. Is he just using us as a way to keep his fitness levels up for SOO. How can someone be so hot and cold in regards to the 2 levels of games.
He's not alone in the Manly/QLD forward curse. Marty Bella & Dave Brown come to mind as being mediocre at best for Manly and then pretty awesome for QLD.
It's like the white in the Manly jersey was their Kryptonite.......lol

Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?

Oh dear I stuffed that one up didn't I , I'll go back and change it now.......lol

Geez Woodsie, how many utilities do you want in a team. We have Buhrer, Brown & Api who can all play multiple positions.

Yes, but in this instance they are all in the starting team. When you move one of them to replace say an injured fullback, who takes their position?

PS I don't give a fig, was just observing.

Yes, but in this instance they are all in the starting team. When you move one of them to replace say an injured fullback, who takes their position?

PS I don't give a fig, was just observing.
Huh, that was unnecessary. I might go and sit in the corner for a bit of an emotional sulk.....................:wasntme:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6