Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not bad based on the troops that we have left. Quite impressed that Baz chose to stick with Lyon at 6. A gutsy move that is honestly the only way we can win. Brown will be solid in defense. He will add nothing in attack but I think keeping our halves and fullback the same as last week will keep our attack sharper than moving Lyon to the centres would.

Brown/Taufua and Wright/Parker has got to be the most worrisome 3/4 line I've seen us name in 10 years.

But having said that, this match will be won or lost in the forwards, and I like the look of the rest of the side we've named.

Brown/Taufua and Wright/Parker has got to be the most worrisome 3/4 line I've seen us name in 10 years.

But having said that, this match will be won or lost in the forwards, and I like the look of the rest of the side we've named.
Worrisome is a great word. I always call Ava-au "Worrisome Ava-au" in my head.

Congrats to young Parker making his debut in the famous maroon and white.
I hope he is not marking Vatuvei LOL
Maybe he can channel some Steve Park - anyone remember him?
Made a two try debut in a Panasonic Cup game a long long time ago with a magnificent left foot step leaving them behind,
NYEagle

It wouldn't surprise me to see Leary dropped off the bench for Myles.

Two good things I see. We've kept the same spine (Tom, Killer, DCE, Jake & Api) and we have the same starting pack as last week.

Then no utility on the bench?

Brown. Parcell will play. Api to 6 and Killer centres.
If fit, I'd expect Parcell on the bench with Api to start. It'd be silly to redirect expect Parcell to start against a massive pack with no game time under his belt after an injury.

Warriors massive pack is a myth. Mannering, Thompson, Hoffman are no bigger than our back row. Ben Mat is big yea, but Marty is bigger. Lussick v Lillyman is just about right too. Then the bench, Gubb, Lisone, and Gavet aren't huge.

Parcel's defence was holding up brilliantly for the majority of the season, it's not a weak point of his at all.

Last time we played the Warriors, Johnson was a non-event. It was like he was still not confident after his broken leg last year, plus he was actually playing 5/8. All he did that game was catch and pass. He's past that now so I'd expect him to be a danger

This game has me running the gamut of emotions. I feel excited, nervous, happy, worried, anxious, slightly aroused, a little ill and like it's all going to be over soon.....

I bet this is how Katy Perry's tampons feel.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4