Manly v Titans [Round 23 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
master blaster said:
Did anyone notice or mention we wore our home strip today,they must have ditched the pepsi one

HoldenV8 said:
Brissie Kid said:
After Lyon is cleared of a head high tackle on Bird will Bird be suspended for faking it all? What an actor.

Haven't you heard....Bird is the word.

He'll get away with it. Actors Equity already have their lawyers lined up to defend him should the NRL act on his act
that was a joke,not to mention embarrassing to say the least,and how did Tim Gilbert get a gig calling the games,he is woeful

When Rabbs retires can u imagine lol

I know it was a joke, as was the actors equity lawyers bit :p

Tim Gilbert......don't get me started, surely they could have had Fatty since he lives on the GC. Still, at least he didn't waffle on about how great Souffs are.

mozgrame said:
Bird is a dirty, stinking, lying sack of dog sh1t. Always has been. Always will be. "I didn't glass her, my friend did! OK...I did, but i'm sorry".

Greg Bird = a chunk of sh1t. End of the story.

Greg Bird is a champion

Long presser from Toovey & Lyon. 8 minutes. https://www.nrl.com/rd-23-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/679039/default.aspx

HK_Eagle said:
Hahaha, Horsehead wasn't going to call that a penalty until he got a call. I wonder if it was the same touchie who made the first forward pass call this century (he's a rebellious one).

No it was me!:p...We were right behind the posts, and he was ready to play on as you said. I couldn't believe it, and let him have it, DCE was having a fair go too, but I'm pretty sure the call came from upstairs.
I knew Horsehead was going to be bad, but that was atrocious. Ashley Klein must've been watching that going WTF:huh:

mozgrame said:
Bird is a dirty, stinking, lying sack of dog sh1t. Always has been. Always will be. "I didn't glass her, my friend did! OK...I did, but i'm sorry".
I think you'd better quote your source.

All the reports I read said that he always denied guilt and was in fact found not guilty on appeal.

Well, winning by 50 would have been nice but winning by 3 was a good enough day out.
Jamie Lyon No Try was ridiculous as was the penalty count but whatever, it was a beautiful day in the Gold Coast sunshine and a Manly win.
When Kingy was at the fence after the match I was tempted to ask about the supposed #crisis but thought no, let's just enjoy the win.
Go a family photo with the 'Guess what Manly hates you too' poster.:D

Yeah the refs' got trigger-happy, bein' on telly for Nein's match of the day.

(Killer's try disallowed was laughable).

Have a look at the Newcastle try where Johnson IS obstructed by the ref far more to see just how much pot-luck and anybody's guess rules!

And the commentary of Gilbert and Wally (regressing to wanker-status again today) were aggravating and ultimately plainly unprofessional.

Even Uncle Gus bagged us most of the game.

So I'll take the 2 points, feel pleased for you guys that went (and the sunshine) and view it as good preparation for winning a tight game in the clutch.

And Choc was the best player on the damn field today.

Choc is leading from the front.

Everyone gutsed it out today, inspite of the terrible and lop-sided refereeing debacle.

Big efforts from Foran and Lawrence and Jesse. Killer tried hard and Snake was solid, after his super-human effort last week.

All 17 can hold their heads up & with Matai, Gift & Lui (and Gutho) to return and " hopefully" no more rotten luck, I'm staying positive about our lads.

On ya Tooves and fellas.

ps I always remember that old WSC ad, the gist of which was the folly of writing off a champion and there's "nothing like a comeback when you're down".

Push it up Manly !!

cheers

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mozgrame said:
I think you'd better quote your source.

All the reports I read said that he always denied guilt and was in fact found not guilty on appeal.

SE8 . Would you allow your daughter to date him ??? why not ??

You control who your adult daughter dates? Seriously?
And you think it's fine to fabricate lies about sportsmen just because their cases were played out in public?
I'm sure Brett Stewart agrees with your point of view.
If Bird has apologised for the glassing, just cite your source or post the link. It can't be that hard, can it?

manlyfan76 said:
HoldenV8 said:
Considering the penalty count, I thought Tooves was pretty tame in the presser.

Probably because we won.

Ha ha he actually admitted he would have blown up about the refs had we lost.

Although he ran sideways a fair bit today, I actually saw signs of Jorge getting back to his blockbusting best. With Skivvy out it was a fair bet he wouldn't score today and that was proved by the team going right so many times. But after last week he put his hand up and was strong for us today.

Mal Cochrane said:
HoldenV8 said:
Anyone else notice the high five between Snake and Cherry after the FG?

#crisisatmanly

Snake actually ran over to DCE to do it, the rumours couldn't be that bad.
In a still photo I have seen of the incident, Brett appears to be making unnecessary contact with dce's hand. Rothfield has referred it to the match review committee. #crisis #suspension

Shoe1 said:
In a still photo I have seen of the incident, Brett appears to be making unnecessary contact with dce's hand. Rothfield has referred it to the match review committee. #crisis #suspension

Hold the back page: Manly stoops to a new low - the Chicken-Finger.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8