Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 11, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Simply put, the refs just need to judge on exactly what they see.
They spend too much time trying to manage the games, and not just simply calling it as they see it and letting the players get on with it.

Just having a look at the ladder and draw, we will finish this round (11) in 6th place unless the Dogs beat the Chooks by at least 80 tomorrow.

With only 2 teams above us on the ladder also having a bye next week (Melbourne and St Merge), we should stay 6th after Round 12 unles Canberra beats the Chooks next week by at least 15.

Edit: stuffed up there. Canberra can't catch us even if they win because we're currently 2 points ahead and will stay that way with the bye. Sorry for the mistake.

Coincidentally, we play Canberra at Brookvale after the bye (a Sunday arvo game). The week after is a 6PM Friday game at Brookie against Newcastle, then we have our second bye.

Last edited:
Their was a lady in the crowd that had a DCE sign. So if anyone knows who she is or if she is a Silvertails member. Really great work, loved the sign.

........And Tallis might be able to stick it somewhere...!!
Looks too young for ST, but worthy of a post :clap:
Capture.JPG

And when DCE got the "its happened at Brookie" line as Cecchin's explanation.....it shows that referees clearly have a tip sheet about what certain teams do. They don't go into games objectively (which is what I think DCE said to him in the second half that caused him to blow a penalty).
Had a look at the old Match Stats on nrl.com Souths game Round 2
https://matchcentre.nrl.com/match/2017/111/20171110250/#match-stats

Green was binned in the 24th minute, by Badger (Big C was not a Ref in that game) for tackling a player in support.

So the claim that it happened at Brookie :crossmark: you weren't there Big C
Slowing down the play the ball :crossmark: penalty was for tackling a player not in possession

Dogs game Round 4 had Badger (again) send Josh Jackson off in the 34th minute for slowing down the play the ball. So Big C, quit blaming Manly for a past offence that you did not adjudicate and that did not involve a Manly offender :swear:

#RefBias101

Last edited:
And when DCE got the "its happened at Brookie" line as Cecchin's explanation.....it shows that referees clearly have a tip sheet about what certain teams do. They don't go into games objectively (which is what I think DCE said to him in the second half that caused him to blow a penalty).

I think you are pretty much on the money with this, the tip sheets are a form of 'programming', humanity takes care of the rest.

edit: and sadly after Cheatchen is admonished for his little slip up, he'll hate us even more :sweating:

Last edited:
Maybe we should send a few suggestions for the refs to add to their tip sheets. Beau Scott always tries to strip the ball. Broncos always stand offside. It looks like they already have Joey Leilua on their list, he gives away so many penalties every time I see him play.

I groan every time we get Checcin.

He still harbours the grief we gave him at that Titans game years ago when he pinged Oxy and effectively gifted the game to them for the most blatent " milk" in the history of the game ( Preston Campbell said so a few days later and apologised for doing it.......mind you they still won the game).

There were at least 5000 Manly fans there that day, and I'm not sure if they were booing Campbell or Checcin ( or both) but the noise coming from the end the Titans kicker was converting the penalty to was deafening!!

Ever since he's absolutely caned us in every game!

Kinda lame how the commentators had to mention the whole back flip thing when the game was almost up.

Unprofessional and petty.

What's really funny, is for a little bit last year, the back flip was forgotten, the scipt went, "thank God DCE back flipped, We now have our big name signing, Jar head Plane. He's better than DCE yaaaaaaaaayyy

Now last night when DCE is playing like a champ, and Jar head like a busted ass. Suddenly people are back to Boos.

To all the Booers and DCE haters LOL he is ours and "Jealousy is a curse"

Bill Harrigan has said that ref's (including himself) go into games with player's reputations firmly in their minds. Which is why , say Watmough never got the benefit of the doubt.

Jake had a great game, as did DCE. There was one time when we started a set on our line and before the ball was played Api was yelling at the players to put in a big effort, etc. It was god to see.

I wonder if Blake Green was right to go. It's the worst kicking display by him I've seen. He certainly looked out of sync.

Anyone know the rule about why the titan player was allowed to play despite not being named??

The commentators said the Titans may get a fine...but how does that help us if we lost? It seemed a total rort (like the refereeing.)

edit: Happy for the win, really liked the presser.

What Api said came through clear as day on telly - it was;

C'mon, don't f'ing lie down now!

Good stuff

Who was singing this at the game? [Happy and you know it.]

You wanted DCE but he's ours.
The Gold Coast's full of pricks,
That's why he gave you the flick.

edit: Ok no one did, but I made it up and thought I'd put it here.
wish you had of posted that yesterday. When the players came across to what seemed to be at least 5,000 Manly fans, I got to shake Api's hand. He was like a kid in a lolly shop, (so was I!) massive grin from ear to ear.
We'll save it for next time.

Last edited:
Couldn't sleep after the game ended at 3 AM here. Who else shed a tear after Dylan Walker's try on that injured knee? "Who's chopping onions?" LOL Wearing my jersey around LA today with pride! Well done boys.

Be careful in LA old mate ... I once asked a girl there if she would like a drink and ended up buying her a 5 bedroom house on the beaches .....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12