Post-Game Discussion Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Wests Tigers
36 4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 15:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Still unconvincing.
Manly attack is so heavily dependent on individual players that it’s troubling. DCE one again did literally almost nothing with his passing game to provide Koula or Manly’s Wingers….. with any good attacking ball. Actually, DCE threw a few dreadful passes that ruined quite a few attacks.

PS Koula 2 line breaks come from individual brilliance all by himself.

Manly’s team attack is often too uncohesive, semi-disorganised, painfully predictable and unrhythmic, & that issue falls most of all of the halves, with DCE most guilty of all. Passing is more important than kicking in games because passing happens a lot more than kicking does, And that’s where DCE has been a huge fail for Manly so far.

Placing excitement machine Koula outside of DCE Will be the greatest waste of talent that we’ve seen since Bradman Best at the nights. Just like we’ve already seen Saab this season be invisible this yaer mostly because DCE has done next to nothing to help Sabb get any good ball.

Still unconvincing.
Manly attack is so heavily dependent on individual players that it’s troubling. DCE one again did literally almost nothing with his passing game to provide Koula or Manly’s Wingers….. with any good attacking ball. Actually, DCE threw a few dreadful passes that ruined quite a few attacks.

Manly’s team attack is often too uncohesive, semi-disorganised, painfully predictable and unrhythmic, & that issue falls most of all of the halves, with DCE most guilty of all. Passing is more important than kicking in games because passing happens a lot more than kicking does, And that’s where DCE has been a huge fail for Manly so far.

Placing excitement machine Koula outside of DCE Will be the greatest waste of talent that we’ve seen since Bradman Best at the nights. Just like we’ve already seen Saab this season be invisible this yaer mostly because DCE has done next to nothing to help Sabb get any good ball.
you must have missed the memo so ill get you up to speed
thats all on sirro, suli, kelly, oku,harper croker, api, covid, mothers day, lefties and queensland . Not enough ball players, too many ball players, rain, oh and saab, soon to be koula id suspect for not getting involved

some very good handling made some of those passes stifling instead of out and of errors and momentum killing. he plays what he feels, not what he sees. DCE /manly are frantic, and if frantic ever becomes a skill shortage and gamebreaking option in the NRL then id assume DCE would become the highest paid player in the game.

but did you see the trick shot kick off ?

DCE would kill it if the game was played over 5 minute quarters, thats how he plays, thats manly under his leading hand, and thats all folks

"Hey, you wanna come and be our #6?"

FSMnFXCXEAElJVo

Still unconvincing.

mmm...a lot of rival teams would like to have our supposed problems in attack Tslog..

Wow. I'm amazed we have some supporters who won't acknowledge the greatness of DCE. Having watched Manly for more than 60 years I now rate him, overall, the club's finest halfback I have seen.
Its certainly a tough one. He is a great clubman and while he wears the number 7 i dont rate him as a great halfback. An 8 year contract has made that almost inevitable . I suspect off field he is a good leader, but on field he looks to talk the talk , but not necessarily the walk . The better halfs know when to slow the game down, and look to make others better where he inevitably adds pressure to his outside man . He still looks like the kicking game is just fulfilling pesky KPIs unless he has a cyclone behind him

If we had signed phil blake for a decade id assume we would have a similar outcome

He has many fine attributes and skills he chooses to use spasmodically , despite our need and constant search to include those qualities in our team

Its this reason i think the jury is so split. His percentage of salary cap , position, standing in the game and experience comes with responsibilities he looks to avoid , quite blatantly at times.

our right side to which he has owned is constantly out of sorts. But yet he can still bring the magic , not start the magic, but when the game is open he can add the cherry on top like virtually no other. Great player and a great 7 in a non salary cap era.

Way more skilled than tooves, or desmond as example but has just as many shockers, as good games and moments. Ultimately he just goes missing at key moments or his decison making in these moments are not consistent with better halfs and can turn in multiple 3 or 4 out of 10 games per season. No way tooves or des did that

Anyway just my attempt to answer your question based on my views

DCE is currently third in the Dally M on 13 points, one behind Yeo & two behind Papenhuyzen. Of the top 17, all are spine players - except Yeo & Talakai. Apart from Papenhuyzen, the Storm have three players on nine points - Hughes, Grant & Munster. No wonder they are premiership leaders - such a lethal spine in top form & all are individually brilliant.

Dally M.jpg

DCE is currently third in the Dally M on 13 points, one behind Yeo & two behind Papenhuyzen. Of the top 17, all are spine players - except Yeo & Talakai. Apart from Papenhuyzen, the Storm have three players on nine points - Hughes, Grant & Munster. No wonder they are premiership leaders - such a lethal spine in top form & all are individually brilliant.

View attachment 20993
I checked out the full table
Only manly players
Guac 6
Tom 5
Dylan 1
Jake 1
Oshay 1
Oshay has been instrumental in our wins
No points for Foran, so why do we care he is leaving

No points for Foran, so why do we care he is leaving
However, he has been playing well - after Rd 8 he was in second position behind Haumole in our MVP poll.

Haven't read all the thread but watched the game again and jeez garlic sauce is playing with amazing passion.

I've been a huge critic of his but man he has impressed me in this game

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8