Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 22
4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaZa

Bencher
Would be interesting if Walker takes that role. My first thought is it would take away from his current running and linking which add heaps to our attack. However if he plays some dummy half and causes some havoc there, his stocks as possible NSW origin No 14 will be hard to ignore.
Humphries could be a late inclusion.

manly al

First Grader
Think that it can be discounted for D C E and especially Foz to spend any time at 9 unless necessity really kicked in . More likely Walker for a brief stint , maybe a bit early for the likes of Humphries but probably would have the capacity a bit further down the track if he wished to stay in a utility type role with D C E still on the Manly scene . . Lawton on the bench pretty practical but again at this stage a bit different with Jamie . Interesting situation for the 13 role , Jake and Walker , no doubt Schuster could perform well there and Haumole was a 13 in the Manly 's 20 's

StuBoot

Bencher
Yeah, he really was Grahams bitch last friday, he'll learn a lot from that and be better for it come Sat. Really thought Des was going to go Harper, anyway I'm 100% behind Ben, and I'm sure with his brothers there he'll be full of confidence.
I too, was underwhelmed at his performance last week but if we consider that he probably trained as a bench back rower ( and we don't know whether left or right), we were a player short and he came on at left centre I'll cut him some slack. Plus Graham is one of the most improved centres in the game imo.

But yes, he has a great opportunity now to show what he's got, Parker will be missed unless Burbo steps up.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm really hoping we improve our discipline and I am expecting a close game which scares me because we rarely get the rub of the green from the officials. Go Manly

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Tigers have a pretty handy bench...Twal has been on fire and Michaele and Utoikamanu are big and mobile. Then they’ve got Peachey who can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

I am not seeing a walk over this Saturday.
Me neither , I predicted Golden Point ( and was laughed at ) but the Tigpies are a much improved side and we are currently on the slide so not going to be easy.

Maybe not GP, but could be a very close one .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm really hoping we improve our discipline and I am expecting a close game which scares me because we rarely get the rub of the green from the officials. Go Manly
Yes we either win big or probably lose as if it’s close you can’t almost guarantee the refs will get the opposition home.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seems to be the case atm, but if we get out of the blocks fast and overpower them in the first 20min I can see us racking up a big score.
Yes I concur that this is the most likely outcome , but if it’s 10-8 to us at halftime just watch the Pinkies get them home.

I don’t necessarily believe the refs “ cheat” I think rather they get sucked into the whole spectacle of close games , golden point etc and let’s face it the broadcasters LOVE IT!

Blake

Reserve Grader
Not sure if mentioned yet, but a Same Game Multi for all 3 Turbo's to score on Sportsbet is paying $32.25

Eagle 1

First Grader
Yes I concur that this is the most likely outcome , but if it’s 10-8 to us at halftime just watch the Pinkies get them home.

I don’t necessarily believe the refs “ cheat” I think rather they get sucked into the whole spectacle of close games , golden point etc and let’s face it the broadcasters LOVE IT!
yep..seems to be the ref's play book atm, give the fans a close game. On the subject of broadcasters, they'll be falling over themselves every time Tommy touches the ball, and will be wanting Tommy to run riot..

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
The Tigers have a pretty handy bench...Twal has been on fire and Michaele and Utoikamanu are big and mobile. Then they’ve got Peachey who can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

I am not seeing a walk over this Saturday.
Agree, however given they have lost their two best attackers in the backrower and winger I can’t see many points in the Tigpies. 🤞

manly al

First Grader
Maybe, but there Defensive effort is much improved, it’s what’s been keeping them in the game the last few weeks.
Welcome back Rafferty , haven 't noticed The Better Robbo and Manly 76 for quite some time which is a shame . Maybe they have changed their poster profiles and i should be more attentive with posting styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16