Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 22
4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
It's an exciting line-up, especially in that backline - a potential future long-term backline dress rehersal?

Humphries also named in Reserves is encouraging even if he'll likely be cut well before game day. Was hoping he wouldn't slump into self-piteous daddy-issues. Hopefully he keeps fighting for that spot, as if we lose one of the spine he would be a consideration.

No Parker is the biggest out in my view (not sold on Burbo yet), and Lawton suspended has shaken up the make-up of the bench. Think the props will switch up b4 kickoff (at least Josh - he'll fire up against his old club). Obv Turbo being back is huge.

Luciano Leilua and David Nofoaluma injured for the Tigers are massive outs for them - possibly their 2 best players.

We need more than a good showing at home this week, we need a statement performance. Last week was admirable with a 1-man disadvantage, but this week is a home game we must win comfortably - or the pressure will start to bite and questions will start to be asked.

ricardo

Bencher
Im excited to see this backline in action. People also need to remember the Tigers have stood up in the last few games and may not be the easy beats of the first few rounds. Jackson will be keen to put on a good showing too. I can't wait for the game, should be a cracker !!

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
Hopefully Oshay keeps his Tiger hatred in check and uses it for good and not evil.

I’m picking him for MoM if he continues his broken 2022 form!

I also can’t wait for the Schu to give his old mate Burbo a few holes to run through.

Bring on Saturday!

rosco

Reserve Grader
Have to agree with the first part Ben T hasn't impressed or shown the hype about him. I hope he rubs my nose it though, I'm happy for him but don't see the anything more than solid at best.

I think we are better splitting Keppie and Kapow and not have them on the field at the same time, both have been mistake prone.
Slippers with Keppie and Kapow with Aloiai I reckon.
Problem with this is that Jake moves to prop after the first 20min when Walker comes on so we don't have the two bench middles come on at the same time.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I kinda worry about Sean Keppie. He's got a lot of talent, but the way things are going with concussions these days I fear he might be only one or two away from an extended stint on the sidelines or being told to consider early retirement.
Keppie's running style reminds me of the way Martin Lang used to run i.e. head back and getting it knocked off and ending up with concussions.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Problem with this is that Jake moves to prop after the first 20min when Walker comes on so we don't have the two bench middles come on at the same time.
Ahhhh good point forgot about Jake to Prop. I wonder if that's why Des was playing Keppie only in the last 20 of the 2nd half before injuries hit those couple of games?

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
Got home and the wife asked what was wrong? I said I was so excited, i just can't believe it!

She said "do I need to take you to emergency?" I said it's my birthday, just got the backline I wished for. She'd said "that's the only wish you'll get this week"

I said "I'll take that!"
Happy Birthday and many more to come

joeboy

Bencher
Great lineup. Excited for a day game and to watch out big find players together. I hope we put together a really complete performance. I’d rather 18-6 than 40-28

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Keppie's running style reminds me of the way Martin Lang used to run i.e. head back and getting it knocked off and ending up with concussions.

Funnily enough, Lang is one of those on social media (Twitter) who doesn't seem to think concussions are a problem. He claims he had multiple and has never had an issue.

Not yet anway.....

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
Got home and the wife asked what was wrong? I said I was so excited, i just can't believe it!

She said "do I need to take you to emergency?" I said it's my birthday, just got the backline I wished for. She'd said "that's the only wish you'll get this week"

I said "I'll take that!"
Happy birthday you old fart..........I mean friend......... :cool:

Brookie Bob

Funnily enough, Lang is one of those on social media (Twitter) who doesn't seem to think concussions are a problem. He claims he had multiple and has never had an issue.

Not yet anway.....
It's the concussion problems that make him think there are no problems - a bit of a circular argument

Brookie Bob

Mate, after that recommending summery of Tuitavake, surely you have to agree with him getting a bench spot at least.
Promising lower grade player, back from injury - not a glowing enough recommendation for me I'm afraid - and I gave it!

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Happy with that team, considering our injuries. Looking great for Saturday:
Turbo is back
Aloiai is back
3 Turbo brothers in starting side
Koula's retained his spot
Tigers missing 2 of their best players
Will be interesting to see DCE vs Hastings
A sunny afternoon forecast
And last but not least, it's at Brookie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18