Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 22
4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Christian Tuipolotu
CE - Ben Trbojevic
CE - Tolutau Koula
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Sean Keppie
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Dylan Walker, Ethan Bullemor, Josh Aloiai, Toafofoa Sipley

18 - Kurt de Luis
19 - Morgan Harper
20 - Kaeo Weekes
21 - James Roumanos
22 - Viliami Fifita
23 - Jamie Humphreys
24 - Jacob Sykes
I really like that bench ,they should be licking thier lips at getting on and tearing a few new Tigpie arseholes !!!!!

Remy

shuu
This is a very good teamlist. Burbo will stay at centre, they've written a whole article on the sea eagles website about him starting with the bros so I doubt he gets a late omission. Plus I think Des realises Harper needs more time, 1 week out and then a recall is tough on him. But man, I'm quite happy with that side. Turbo back, Oshay back!!!! 3 MIDDLES ON THE BENCH FINALLY!! We are going to realize the importance of size on the bench when we play top teams.

Turbo, Tui, Koula, Garrick, Foz, DCE, Schu, Smole, Walker, Aloiai

There is sooooo much strike and X-Factor in this side. We have to make a statement comeback game on Saturday. It's our turn!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So Koula & Tuipulotu are our rightside centre wing pairing with Burbo & Garrick on our leftside.

Intredasting...
I thought from the numberimng that Tui stays in his spot on the left and Garrick goes over to the right side, where he played up until last year. But not completely sure!

Remy

shuu
Burbo just gotta take a leaf out of Tolu and Christian's book. Don't overplay your hand, run hard and straight, make your tackles, defend hard, and everything else should take care of itself. He's in one of the most potent left sides, with a veteran like Foz directing and the best player in the world, his brother, lurking around, he will be fine in attack. Just gotta do the little 1 percenters right. You got this Burbo, play hard. There's a centre spot up for grabs, you gotta take this opportunity with both hands.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Focus must be on Des's buzzword 'clinical'. Apply relentless pressure and when they eventually crack we can run in some points.
If the players think 'Great it's only Wests' and start giving up possession and penalties it will quickly become a dogfight.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Focus must be on Des's buzzword 'clinical'. Apply relentless pressure and when they eventually crack we can run in some points.
If the players think 'Great it's only Wests' and start giving up possession and penalties it will quickly become a dogfight.
I remember a game a few years back was a perfect spring night towards the end of the season at Brookvale oval can't remember the year , tigers were given no chance.

We had them beat by 14 with about 12 or so minutes to go no one loses from there well we did and if we take the tigers too easy we could again get our pants pulled down.

This should be a win on Saturday but if we take things too eaay and think we just have to go out there and the win will be ours we have another thing coming.

Last edited:

XV-1

First Grader
Well done Des.

Great team 👏 👍

All we need now is if Croker needs a break, Foran to hooker and Schuster to 5/8th and bring a big bopper on. This would he unreal.

Really hope Burbo has a good defensive game.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
You know, if Des saw more than us then fine, but TBH Ben Turbo wasn't all that impressive last week. He missed a few tackles (4 in total) that led to Souths breaks and late tries.

Hopefully he plays a lot better this week.

As for the front row, I'm willing to bet that Sips definitely starts ahead of Keppie and maybe Aloiai starts ahead of Taupau.
Have to agree with the first part Ben T hasn't impressed or shown the hype about him. I hope he rubs my nose it though, I'm happy for him but don't see the anything more than solid at best.

I think we are better splitting Keppie and Kapow and not have them on the field at the same time, both have been mistake prone.
Slippers with Keppie and Kapow with Aloiai I reckon.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
I remember a game a few years back was a perfect spring night towards the end of the season at Brookvale oval can't remember the year , tigers were given no chance.

We had them beat by 14 with about 12 or so minutes to go no one loses from there well we did and if we take the tigers too easy w4 could again get our pants pulled down.

This should a win on Saturday but if we take things too eaay and think we just have to go out there and the win will be hours we have another thing coming.
Hopefully coming off a couple of loses, we don't take anything easy and go for the throat right from the get go to FT. Im expecting them to make a point.

3 of the back 5 are playing to show they deserve to keep others out, 3 of the fwds are playing to show they should stay in.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I thought from the numberimng that Tui stays in his spot on the left and Garrick goes over to the right side, where he played up until last year. But not completely sure!
Yeah I was following the numbering too, so if it holds true, Tuipulotu is #2, which was Saab's number, therefore he'll start on the right wing.

Garrick returns to his #5 & therefore starts on left wing.

I assume Koula will stay at right centre, therefore Burbo starts at left centre.

The good thing about that (if my maths is correct) is Des sees Koula & Tuipulotu as experienced enough to partner on the right while Burbo will have Garrick's experience outside him & his lethal combination mate from reggies Schuster inside him (& Foran inside him).

I know that sounds all very human centipedish but I reckon you'll get what I mean!

Pepi

Bencher

We had them beat by 14 with about 12 or so minutes to go no one loses from there well we did and if we take the tigers too easy w4 could again get our pants pulled down.

This should a win on Saturday but if we take things too eaay and think we just have to go out there and the win will be hours we have another thing coming.
I remember thinking - surely we can't lose from here, up by a sizable lead with not long to go. Ruined my night.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Tuipulotu makes a break from his own end and with several defenders hanging off him, offloads to Koula who races away for an eighty metre try. Schuster steps past several defenders from 40 metres out and passes a no looker to DCE who scores under the posts. Turbo makes a clean break on the left before passing to Burbo who crashes over next to posts....

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This could be Manly’s starting backline for a while if Burbo puts in a good effort and no injuries of course
Can see Walker playing some hooker in this game
Aloiai hopefully starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18