Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 27, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

54 12
4 Pines Park
01 Sep 2023 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasey is a known Manly hater - so if she gets our games, we are toast. I remember a NSW Cup game she awarded 17 penalties straight against us in a game. 17 !!
That is a ridiculous amount of penalties but why would she be a Manly hater? And if its apparently known, how is she allowed to ref? Maybe shes just a bad ref.

Manly's best two win:loss records are against these two clubs. We'd have a great chance of beating both in a finals match had we jagged one or two more wins.
Yep, I agree but geez we dudded ourselves with some of those losses. Even the Newcastle draw. Nothing we can do about it now. Damn it. Just gotta hope the boys have enough respect for Jake to pull a big one out on Friday. It will be a long walk up the hill to the car if they don't.

Yep, I agree but geez we dudded ourselves with some of those losses. Even the Newcastle draw. Nothing we can do about it now. Damn it. Just gotta hope the boys have enough respect for Jake to pull a big one out on Friday. It will be a long walk up the hill to the car if they don't.
The Oldcastle ‘touch football’ draw.

The ‘Let’s not take the two easy points from in front of the posts and lose by one point’ game vs Souths.

The almost unfathomable performance against the Titans at home.

The ‘Oh shoot, the game has actually been going for about 50 minutes!’ performance against the Sharks at home.

A combo of the previous two games, vs the Cowboys.

The ‘One man hit up all night special’ vs the Roosters at the SCG.

The ‘Throw it all to the winds’ game vs Penrith at home.

The ‘Phuck you very much, Mr Referee’ game against an impromptu 14-man Warriors outfit.

I think that covers it.

The Oldcastle ‘touch football’ draw.

The ‘Let’s not take the two easy points from in front of the posts and lose by one point’ game vs Souths.

The almost unfathomable performance against the Titans at home.

The ‘Oh shoot, the game has actually been going for about 50 minutes!’ performance against the Sharks at home.

A combo of the previous two games, vs the Cowboys.

The ‘One man hit up all night special’ vs the Roosters at the SCG.

The ‘Throw it all to the winds’ game vs Penrith at home.

The ‘Phuck you very much, Mr Referee’ game against an impromptu 14-man Warriors outfit.

I think that covers it.
Yep, I'd say that covers it.

Sea Eagles team

1 Tolu Koula
2 Jason Saab
3 Brad Parker
4 Morgan Harper
5 Ray Tuaimalo Vaega
6 Jakob Arthur
7 Daly Cherry-Evans ©
8 Toff Sipley
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Sean Keppie
11 Haumole Olakau’atu
12 Ben Trbojevic
13 Jake Trbojevic
Interchange
14 Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15 Dean Matterson
16 Aaron Woods
17 Ethan Bullemor

18 Kelma Tuilagi
19 Josh Schuster
20 Ben Condon
21 Samuela Fainu
22 Christian Tuipulotu

Feledy to debut for Tigers. Matterson replaces Tuilagi on bench. Schuster listed as a reserve.
Matterson in before Shu is a surprise. As is Feledy debut. As is Api at 7. Arthurs could have his hands full with Laurie. This is going to be a very tricky game.

Matterson in before Shu is a surprise. As is Feledy debut. As is Api at 7. Arthurs could have his hands full with Laurie. This is going to be a very tricky game.
I would expect Schuster to replace Matterson. The inclusion of Matterson, Fainu & Condon will strengthen Blacktown's cause. Apart from others, the Tigers will be missing key forwards Stefano & Bateman.

I would expect Schuster to replace Matterson. The inclusion of Matterson, Fainu & Condon will strengthen Blacktown's cause. Apart from others, the Tigers will be missing key forwards Stefano & Bateman.
Oh. I didn't know Bateman wasn't playing. That IS a loss for them.

Equally hard to believe the Sharks are 6th and the Raiders are 7th with -119. Goes to show what a lopsided favoured draw can do for a team.
That's one reason I think that both those teams are very much pretenders this year and will get bounced out of the semi-finals rather quickly. If they face each other in the semi's, they may both lose. :giggle:

This will be a HIGH scoring game, a shootout where I feel our ammo is a little more dangerous !!
We should absolutely cook their left edge defence and I'm taking Okalatu for 2 tries....Harper should get heaps of opportunity and Koula will be dangerous floating about the park.
Don't wanna get carried away, but throw Saab in for a double also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10