Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
18 4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 20:00
78:07 minute

Match Stats

Preacher, I’m not your biggest fan, but if you can start to put together consistency around performances like tonight you may just win me over… and I’ll come over to share popcorn on the lounge while watching Barbara Streisand movies.

Back from Brookie and was so glad I was there. The slaughter I feared didn't eventuate and what an awesome win. Manly played the Storm at their own game and bustled them out of it. Well done!
It was great to be at the ground. Held tough and I was rattling in my seat with so many of those hits. And so good to see Paseka be a match winner. That can do so much for his confidence. Can this finally be his turning point??

The best and most important 2 points so far this season. To turn it around after that embarrassing loss last week, show our fans how much the team actually cares now, and defend our fortress against our biggest rival, it made me so proud. Nearly every single player stood up and worked their backside off for that win for them and for us. It's inspirational. I heard a manly fan say they don't think our side could ever have a raiders perfomance like they had against broncos last week. We pretty much did it, get spanked and humbled by penrith and come home with our bruises and pain and bash Melbourne up for a big 2 points.

Sets us up perfectly now, very winnable flat track bully type next 2 games, and we'll walk into Magic round near the top of the table, 3 straight on the trot, against Broncos for the biggest game of the season. Let's get it!

Good intensity, but awful rest of game performance.
Manly Attack was a disgrace, & Manly were lucky the Storm was so bad, with Harry Grant having one of his worst games ever.
DCE passing game was a disgrace v Storm, As bad as any of N. Cleary worst passing games, & The only reason that game was close was because of DCE horrendous, attack wrecking passing game. He was ignoring Turbo at the back all night. How many here on this thread are oblivious to that fact ? I’m guessing almost everyone. No wonder Turbo prefers playing on the left-hand side when Schuster is there.

Oh &, DCE Try kick assist & line break came from bad ☔️ D. Without bad opposition defending, DCE did nothing in anttck, and was actually playing against Manly.

Manly Attack was a disgrace, & Manly were lucky the Storm was so bad, with Harry Grant having one of his worst games ever.
DCE passing game was a disgrace v Storm, As bad as any of N. Cleary worst passing games, & The only reason that game was close was because of DCE horrendous, attack wrecking passing game. He was ignoring Turbo at the back all night. How many here on this thread are oblivious to that fact ? I’m guessing almost everyone. No wonder Turbo prefers playing on the left-hand side when Schuster is there.

Oh &, DCE Try kick assist & line break came from bad ☔️ D. Without bad opposition defending, DCE did nothing in anttck, and was actually playing against Manly.
FMD

Haven’t seen all the game, but how good is it every time we get a result against those dirty pricks, the dog shots late on DCE sum up their club

Will admit it was 11.30pm, I was still out and normally avoid the score but didn’t want to be up til 1am watching a flogging so checked in and we were up 14-6 so it was a late night watching the final 30mins when I got home but glad they held their nerve and got it done

That last 30 seconds mayhem (2 points & sin bin) of the first half favouring the Storm should not have eventuated.

When Turbo got hit in the head & didn't lay down, at the end of that set the bunker should have got the referee to go back to the spot & give Manly a penalty and probably put the Storm player in the bin.

But even worse, when instead Storm trapped Manly in their own ingoal, the referee immediately called time off I think with 62 seconds to go. He ordered Tom to the head bin & put the Storm player on report. Then when DCE took the drop out, the clock had 60 seconds to go.

What happened to Manly being allowed 30 seconds run off on the clock to take the drop out? It should have been halftime well before Munster got whacked.

Instead Manly were further punished for Tom being hit on the head.

Oh man... I said in the game day thread, Manly 13+

Way to let me down guys!

Also..

wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!

A great win and what a tackle on Olam.

Munster's still a cat.

But a really tough win.

Well done team. :)

😲 🤷‍♂️

It's interesting how tom got nailed in the head by a shoulder and 5 mins later after the bunker finish their beer 'n pizza a player gets put on report...

yet Vega tackles cat munster a millisecond late and gets 10.

I'm sure I've seen the bunker come back and get the ref to send a manly player for 10... minutes after the infraction, maybe they didn't think toms was all that bad.

Anyway...maroon glasses firmly in place.

I wonder what'll happen to Jake re: his tackle on munster? Pay raise?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8