Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not perfection expected. It’s improvement, desire, urgency, execution and pride in themselves and the club.

Didn’t see much of that last week.

I saw

• a captain he has not got better in a decade
  • a hooker who is so limited that they need to make a new position for him that suits what he CAN do.
  • Two centres who if you scrapped them and rebuilt one out of the parts they still wouldn’t be a first grader
  • a second rower who has played five games for us and has hit cruise control already
  • a bunch of middling players who are great when the team is playing well, but lack the impetus to change things on their own
  • an absolute superstar whose body is failing him with his confidence as tenuous as his hammies
  • a coaching team who seem bereft after a whole off season and 5 games
  • “all fail keppie”

So after all that’s been said in the last few weeks , where’s the Aaron Woods hate ??

I expected a pile on , you’ve really disappointed me Silvertails.

You don't happen to freelance for the Murdochracy do you?🤣

If not, you really should come out of retirement.
They would love you.

Haha I do EXACTLY the same thing. I know once I see Harper that there won’t be big balls changes this week
It's like watching a horror movie in the cinemas...

I See You Hiding GIF by BBC America

Don't understand how Keppie gets dropped. Didn't think he was the worst on field. Tuilagi had a shocker. Croker was poor. Harper was poor. Paseka been poor. No forwards stood up.

Glad to see Sipley back as I thought he never lets us down. Always provides impact. Woods was solid in nsw cup. He will be up for it. Let's see I guess. Our depth is seriously lacking.

Would prefer Turbo to centre and Weekes to full back. Drop Harper. Gordy needs to come in now. Croker tries but he's not good enough at 9. Happy to see him move to 13. Aloiai was poor too.
Aloiai’s formula

(Steps 1 and 3 interchangable)
Step 1: slow runs, slow ruck defence
Step 2: show some promise
Step 3: go missing
Step 4: mention to media that manly learned sooo many lessons from their horrible showing
Step 5: talk about what will change
Step 6 repeat

Don't understand how Keppie gets dropped. Didn't think he was the worst on field. Tuilagi had a shocker. Croker was poor. Harper was poor. Paseka been poor. No forwards stood up.

Glad to see Sipley back as I thought he never lets us down. Always provides impact. Woods was solid in nsw cup. He will be up for it. Let's see I guess. Our depth is seriously lacking.

Would prefer Turbo to centre and Weekes to full back. Drop Harper. Gordy needs to come in now. Croker tries but he's not good enough at 9. Happy to see him move to 13. Aloiai was poor too.
100% @KaZa I would have liked to see Keppie replace Tuilagi, Bullemore as starting lock, Turbo to centre (or rested), Weekes to fullback, Aloiai dropped, Harper dropped, GCKT to 14 and Fainu, Sipley and Woods on the bench.

Olam always seems to destroy us. And where is our biggest problem at the moment? Centres.

Any radical thoughts to help with team list Tuesday? And I mean radical!
Too late for radical thoughts for this afternoon team list @Budgie but I would suggest the following as an updated list later this week

Weekes
Saab
Parker
Turbo
Vaega
Schuster (if fit, Johns if not)
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jake
Olakau'atu
Keppie
Bullemore

GCKT
Fainu
Woods
Sipley

Aloiai

I think there should be a few Manly players feeling a little lucky that Keppie was the only axing from that inept performance.
Easily would be at least 5-6 players who could be in Blacktown after the Penrith game....
Who could step up ?
Well apart from Woods, I reckon Fainu , Fulton, Stuckey and young Toby would would rip and tear to get a shot and that in itself would be better than some of the Manly players from Saturday night.
Also Gordie must be getting some consideration by now.
The tough part is, to add 4 new faces would be extreme and a bit of a chaotic change up, but I really hope the coaching staff have these blokes on notice and ready to fight to hold a place in the 17.
I expect a significant energy shift for this Melbourne game, but any suitcases need to get dropped back to Reggie's to appreciate the Manly emblem when they represent the MighySeaeagles....need some pride back, as we are turning into a run of the mill side, who accept mediocrity and if you are guaranteed a spot after a garbage performance, that's a big part of the problem.

You're not wrong that it's hard to single out just one. If I recall correctly, the panthers made three line breaks in the first few minutes. One down our right, one through our middle, and then one on our left.

Edit* I just realised Keppie was on the bench too. Ouch
Yeah but Keppie argued with Tom. That’s way worse than any actual poor football he played.

Mistake moving Munster to fullback. Target Pezet like the riff did to Weekes.

I agree, but when was the last time we had a discernible game plan with a targeted focus and strategy?

Either we don’t have coaches who can identify or we don’t have players who can execute after it’s been identified.

Both are an issue.

You would think a 12 + year captain and marquee player who has repped state and country could carry out a gameplan? Well at least he can grubber off both feet and score well by SuperCoach metrics

Last edited:
Look I get the heat that Parker, Harper get, but what other options do we have?

Koula - Out
Tuipolotu - Out
Garrick - Out
B Trbojevic - Out

You could put Weekes at FB and Tom to centre, but does that make us any better?

Without injuries we’d be looking at

1. Tom
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Tuipolotu

So that is 2 of our ‘starting’ back 5 available.
Definetly ..Turbo centre and Weekes at Fullback

Part of the issue is of course you mention many players who simply can’t be chosen automatically.

I actually think the NRL needs to have a rethink about the eligibility rules.

Players should be able to come up from reserves if needed, not as a last resort with an exemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10