Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
C9blN4ZVYAA78eP.jpg

I'm torn between my respect for Jorge's try scoring abilities and some of his lacklustre defensive efforts. Sometimes it seems he can't even be bothered to compete under the high ball, next minute he crashes over and we're back in the game.

Also does anyone have any knowledge on Jamil Hopoate's 1st grade availability. I'm starting to think we have a very capable backrower sitting in our own backyard.

Good come back, but it was still a rubbish game. I HATE watching the 20s because none of them can tackle... So to watch manly give up 30 pts in 40 minutes really annoyed me. Even if we won 31-30, that sort of scoreline is absolutely pathetic.. Very under 20s like

Ide rather lose 8-4 in a game based on strong defence than a 60pt game like that dribble yesterday

I'm torn between my respect for Jorge's try scoring abilities and some of his lacklustre defensive efforts. Sometimes it seems he can't even be bothered to compete under the high ball, next minute he crashes over and we're back in the game.

Also does anyone have any knowledge on Jamil Hopoate's 1st grade availability. I'm starting to think we have a very capable backrower sitting in our own backyard.
The talk of JH in NRL is crazy. Yes he is effective in reserves where the size of the opponent is closer to his. But you line him up yesterday against Solomona, Bromwichs and MClean and the reality of his small stature will be obvious. @:cool:

The force of these largr and faster guys just pummel ours breathless :cool:

I was looking at the game from eye level yesterday and it was so evident that the Scumo's Forwards were giants compared to ours.

AFB seems to have put on bulk but not the muscle variety. His speed to the Scumo's big boys was glacial.

Manly have to play smart as we do not match it in the physical arena yet.:confused:

Suggesting Jamil Hoppa wont cut it at first grade level is just conjecture and based on no substantive evidence. I remember in a cricket forum people saying Smith, Warner, Khawaja, O'Keefe at different times wouldnt cut it at test level based before they played at that level, purely on their personal observations and conjecture. Until Jamil plays first grade, we have NO idea if he is up to first grade standard. I suspect he is and would be a tough Buhrer type player. But I'll concede that until he plays, that is also just conjecture.

Suggesting Jamil Hoppa wont cut it at first grade level is just conjecture and based on no substantive evidence. I remember in a cricket forum people saying Smith, Warner, Khawaja, O'Keefe at different times wouldnt cut it at test level based before they played at that level, purely on their personal observations and conjecture. Until Jamil plays first grade, we have NO idea if he is up to first grade standard. I suspect he is and would be a tough Buhrer type player. But I'll concede that until he plays, that is also just conjecture.
He may get his chance soon if our forwards keep smashing their ribs and the backrowers step into prop positions like last year :confused:

JH's skill isn't the problem, just his frame getting smashed by behemoths:tmi:

After 40 minutes I didn't feel this way but after 80 I have to agree.

They were ( and I think still are) favourites to win the Premiership, we were favourites to finish in the bottom 4.

Good come back by the boys in the second half, lucky win to the Drizzle, with a bit more experience we would have got them!!
Luck had nothing to do with it. Storm we're the better team over the course of the match. They exploited our weaknesses, took their chances and executed a lot better. Agree with you that more experience (and I would add better execution) would have helped us greatly and probably would have got us over the line.

I won't apologise to you, because you're a two faced, little worm. I've seen many like you over the years, all of them big mouthed cowards to the bone. Im a flawed man, opinionated, easily annoyed and mostly impatient and wrong on more occasions than I care to remember. But an obsequious little sycophant I am most definitely not. You're a two faced little trumpeter, the type of man no one would ever want to be in the trenches with. For all my shortcomings and defects of character, I can confidently say that I am nothing like you. Apology will not be forthcoming, as I said, if you want to continue being a big mouth, you have the address in Leura where I can be found.
i will step in here boyz, i was a street kid and gangs ruled my hood, tough place to live was newtown in the 80's. Been through many fights on the street and in the ring as a teenager. One thing is I saw is there are no winners in a fight , one mans victory was anothers pain. I take no sides, we are all sea eagles at heart when the tension is high things are said which may have been misguided. The best solution is to take a breath and walk away, get on with it, tomorrow is another day. Forgive if u want to be forgiven.
Peace boys...friends again.

I'm happy to be called out Mark. I'm not happy to have my words twisted, then violence threattened. I have no fear of these old, overweight men who try and intimidate people with threats of violence on a Rugby League board.

Kevin needs to apologise for:
1. Misreading my comments
2. Threatening an assault

As I said in my last post, if he does so, I'll let it go. Even @Jerry1 says I back down to these guys way too easily.
i will step in here boyz, i was a street kid and gangs ruled my hood, tough place to live was newtown in the 80's. Been through many fights on the street and in the ring as a teenager. One thing is I saw is there are no winners in a fight , one mans victory was anothers pain. I take no sides, we are all sea eagles at heart when the tension is high things are said which may have been misguided. The best solution is to take a breath and walk away, get on with it, tomorrow is another day. Forgive if u want to be forgiven.
Peace boys...friends again...

Peace boys...friends again.
Well said

Well said
Peace boys...friends again...
Well said, full of grace and wisdom.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12