Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 18, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have no hope in attack. Should've been pushing up the gutz in the last 10. Then you get Marty being turtled, slow play the ball, momentum gone. Really missing Api's quick runs out of dummy half. Hodko was shiit.

I'm with Strone. Barrett needs to go. Our greatest problem is the complete lack of structure. Add in the apparent lack of improvement in key areas of Turbo's game and you just can't ignore the coaching. You cannot be a serious contender relying on short intense bursts of uptempo footy, with offloads, ad-lib and individual brilliance. At best, with a run of luck and lack of injuries we can scrape into the 8 with that sort of strategy. IMO, with the players we have that is greatly under-performing. Barrett has persisted, he's had more than enough time, and it hasn't worked. He needs to go at the end of the season
That would be nice but it won’t happen

It's bad enough losing. But now we have to listen to the commentary pissing in Smiths pocket. I feel like the bloke on the Bunderburg Rum ad.....
"I can't take this anymore!"

At work with the aid of abc Radio .
We dominated possession though out the game . Our forwards dominated field position through out the game ..In the first half we had something like 70% possession to the Storm 30% and we only led by just one try . That's not good enough !!!
We had plenty of ball and opportunities to win the game .The refs fcked up and so did we
I always believe that if your good enough you can beat both your opposition and the refs and our quality coached teams in the past have shown us that
From what I heard the Storm were terrible . The game was there to be won tonight .

We dropped off in intensity in that second half but i have to say the referring was very very ordinary.

They really slowed down the ruck and lied all over us until their D was set. Our play the balls were so slow. Hard to play good attacking footy off that

We dropped off in intensity in that second half but i have to say the referring was very very ordinary.

They really slowed down the ruck and lied all over us until their D was set. Our play the balls were so slow. Hard to play good attacking footy off that
We didn't earn the right for quick play the balls in the second half more so than more latitude given to Melb.

If the be all and end all to our game is about generating ruck speed we have massive problems, also if that is such a huge factor offer some variety that can keep the defensive lines guessing beyond one out explosive crap, under plays and slow ball distribution.

I think you pretty much nailed it. But I don't think it was necessarily an intensity issue. Melbourne were allowed to control the ruck far more than they were in the 1st half and as a result our game plan fell apart then so did morale and it's not the first time this season it has happened. I'm becoming more and more convinced of the fact that our coach has a very limited understanding why he gets the best seat in the house to watch the game.

If the be all and end all to our game is about generating ruck speed we have massive problems, also if that is such a huge factor offer some variety that can keep the defensive lines guessing beyond one out explosive crap, under plays and slow ball distribution.[/QUOTE]

This. I heard you bring up this point sometime a long time ago, TC. Tonight, I was seeing it pretty clearly for the first time. We basically have very little outside relying on an uptempo explosive game... and a team cannot maintain that beyond short bursts. While it's fine to have this as a tool in the kit, we don't seem to have any other structure or strategy beyond it.

Are you saying hodgkinson purposely touched the ball with his head ?
Read what I said.The bloke who PURPOSELY touched the ball,I could be wrong but I think it was Thompson.If the ball hits Hodkinson’s head then hits a player in front of him that wasnt playing at it,then it’s an accidental offside and a scrum is awarded.But Thompson? deliberately picks it up

I honestly think we are building as a team for next year. We have to be patient and less critical of who is out there. Clearly we are playing better and combos can only get more finely tuned in the coming months. Tom Wright has to be a full timer. Have a look who was on the bench injured. Api, Walker, Sirro etc bloody hell I thought we took the current premiers to the very end and nearly had them.

Read what I said.The bloke who PURPOSELY touched the ball,I could be wrong but I think it was Thompson.If the ball hits Hodkinson’s head then hits a player in front of him that wasnt playing at it,then it’s an accidental offside and a scrum is awarded.But Thompson? deliberately picks it up
I see what your saying ,the Melbourne winger knocked the ball back I believed it accidentally hit hodko head and Thompson picks it up which your saying he shouldn’t have grabbed the ball if it touches him and he doesn’t grab it it accidentally offside. I see your point , hodgko tried to avoid ball so it accidentally hits him , whichever way it’s ruled the bunker must have intervened and called it , there have been plenty of other times the bunker hasn’t intervened but I guess in the end we should never have lost that game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8