Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 18, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I see what your saying ,the Melbourne winger knocked the ball back I believed it accidentally hit hodko head and Thompson picks it up which your saying he shouldn’t have grabbed the ball if it touches him and he doesn’t grab it it accidentally offside. I see your point , hodgko tried to avoid ball so it accidentally hits him , whichever way it’s ruled the bunker must have intervened and called it , there have been plenty of other times the bunker hasn’t intervened but I guess in the end we should never have lost that game
Simple thing is,they should never have got themselves in that situation.Whilst I think the Origin players,DCE and the Trbojevic’s,ran out of steam,Tom over played his hand and the others who were fresh needed to stand up.Missed Taufua’s hit ups

I dont know now , the likes of Parker , Kelly, Wright , Hodkinson we will be bottom 8 again next year . Forward pass or not we should have put them away .
And to think TB as well in 2019

I was at the game live you could tell in the second half we just did not have any confidence in our play. We had enough ball and opportunities to win that but we did not take those opportunities.

If anyone is happy with that performance please go support another club.
Our D was so soft in the second half once the storm got an even share of possession we looked so fragile.

Thats 4 defeats in a row at brookvale and 4 very disappointing efforts. I have been at all of them and very sad to see how our ground is now not as intimidating as it once was for opposition teams.

Last edited:
I honestly think we are building as a team for next year. We have to be patient and less critical of who is out there. Clearly we are playing better and combos can only get more finely tuned in the coming months. Tom Wright has to be a full timer. Have a look who was on the bench injured. Api, Walker, Sirro etc bloody hell I thought we took the current premiers to the very end and nearly had them.

As I said in another thread, Fainu has Api covered already and I think Sirro's absence is being massively overplayed on this site. I mentioned to a friend of mine who supports the Tigers that we were missing Sirro and he just laughed in my face. Make of that what you will. I am not sure which forwards the Storm had out but they were missing Slater, Addo-Carr and Munster in the backline. Heaven knows what the score would have been had these three been available?!

I don’t know where to post this question,so I’ll do it on this thread as it’s the most active.
•Can anyone that is willing to make more of an effort than me,please look into what has gone on with the Broncos side for tomorrow’s game involving Kotoni Staggs and Tom Opacic?Seems to be some double standards

I missed the pre-game..... how many and who from the 2008 team turned up?
My highlight of the night was hi-5ing Beaver, Ballin, Bell, Kitey, Le'Strange, Bryant, Hall who did a lap of honour together :party: Disappointed not to see Wolfman, Jason King, etc.

As for the game itself, can't believe we lost it, especially by an inexplicable penalty. Biggest mistake was half-time when our momentum disappeared. Also why on earth was Winterstein left on the bench - surely Jake could've been given a breather?!

If our season wasn't gone before, it sure is now :swear:

Ok we lost but I was pretty happy with our performance tonight. The boys worked hard and really put in the effort. Forward pass aside it was reffed ok, no issues there, we just aren't a first grade competitive side yet.

As I said in another thread, Fainu has Api covered already and I think Sirro's absence is being massively overplayed on this site. I mentioned to a friend of mine who supports the Tigers that we were missing Sirro and he just laughed in my face. Make of that what you will. I am not sure which forwards the Storm had out but they were missing Slater, Addo-Carr and Munster in the backline. Heaven knows what the score would have been had these three been available?!
Sironen is just another Sam Harris.

Another overhyped underperformer.

Ok we lost but I was pretty happy with our performance tonight. The boys worked hard and really put in the effort. Forward pass aside it was reffed ok, no issues there, we just aren't a first grade competitive side yet.

Have to basically agree. There are a lot of muppets crying over refs on these pages, but they didn't cost Manly a win after 70 minutes of being in the lead.

Not saying Manly didn't try either. They just don't gel as a unit under pressure. Been like that all year.

Reffed ok?

The ruck and the 10 metres were abysmal, the forward passes, the obstructions. It was probably the worse Reffed game I've ever seen in terms if general play, the storm are just better at pushing the envelope even further, you really must not have been watching if you thought the reffing was even ok

Reffed ok?

The ruck and the 10 metres were abysmal, the forward passes, the obstructions. It was probably the worse Reffed game I've ever seen in terms if general play, the storm are just better at pushing the envelope even further, you really must not have been watching if you thought the reffing was even ok

While I'm tempted to agree with you I can't. I was there watching & the storm actually got back the eight metres most times. SCam always throws the ball forward so nothing new there and storm always lie on players so their defence gets set. That's all part of the game. Storm get preferential treatment. But they do against everyone (except the Sharks earlier this year). It's part of the deal playing them so we need to capitalize on 70% possession in the first half and there was no spark. None. Also Hodko should be shot for whatever he did on the last play of the game. Just no words ...

That's true, but it was worse than usual

Hodko is just terrible. I really hope he is on minimum and not a cent more

While I'm tempted to agree with you I can't. I was there watching & the storm actually got back the eight metres most times. SCam always throws the ball forward so nothing new there and storm always lie on players so their defence gets set. That's all part of the game. Storm get preferential treatment. But they do against everyone (except the Sharks earlier this year). It's part of the deal playing them so we need to capitalize on 70% possession in the first half and there was no spark. None. Also Hodko should be shot for whatever he did on the last play of the game. Just no words ...

When Hodko came on, our attack seemed to go into slow motion.

Have to basically agree. There are a lot of muppets crying over refs on these pages, but they didn't cost Manly a win after 70 minutes of being in the lead.

Not saying Manly didn't try either. They just don't gel as a unit under pressure. Been like that all year.
I guess the crowd was full of muppets then because they all booed the officials off the park.

NRL .COM.....

Barely recognisable Storm team beat Sea Eagles
Author
Alicia Newton
Timestamp
Sat 14 Jul 2018, 07:22 PM

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12