Post-Game Discussion Manly v Storm [Round 16, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
36 4 Pines Park
30 Jun 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Something is seriously wrong with our attitude in the last 5 minutes of games. It's comical and embarrassing to be giving away simple errors which lead to tries. Even the captain who suppose to lead by example adds to this woeful ending of games. It's time for Jake to take over captaincy.

Daly was a big reason we were able to leak four tries in ten minutes and still win the game so I’m not gonna worry about it.

He needs to play for Blacktown. He sat on the pine for an hour and came out with less energy than the guys that had toiled for the full duration. There’s no excuse for that.

Also, anyone saying his lack of fitness, lack of enthusiasm, lack of anything, is Hasler’s fault...let me remind you...this is professional sport and you earn your stripes. His potential doesn’t mean anything.

He could have come out and dug in and forced Dessie’s hand. Instead he came out and vindicated his coach’s decision to sit him on the bench for most of the match.
Apparently he has been sick all week according to channel 9.

Doesn’t excuse his 5m false start

We beat them in every facet of the game.

Yes the last 10-15 minutes was squeaky bum time but we won.

Happy that the rapid fall off in the last 10-15 minutes wil be addressed.

Now we get a bye to rest & recover.

He needs to play for Blacktown. He sat on the pine for an hour and came out with less energy than the guys that had toiled for the full duration. There’s no excuse for that.

Also, anyone saying his lack of fitness, lack of enthusiasm, lack of anything, is Hasler’s fault...let me remind you...this is professional sport and you earn your stripes. His potential doesn’t mean anything.

He could have come out and dug in and forced Dessie’s hand. Instead he came out and vindicated his coach’s decision to sit him on the bench for most of the match.
I agree he has been poor, but channel 9 commentators said he has been sick all week and probably shouldn't be playing. Needs some time to in reserve grade to work on the basics.

He is the laziest most entitled prick I have seen. at least the sualis and walkers get stuck in. I would happily let the bludger go based on what i've seen so far
He’s a nice kid, good person...but...not performing to a fg standard. Does he want a successful career? If so, he needs to train hard and run, run, run, until he is shape.

You know, there’s been many, many conversations about Schuster’s best position over the years on this forum. I’ve always wanted him in the forwards. A few good development coaches wanted him the forwards too. The concern was always that playing him at 6 in the juniors was going to hurt his development, and it has.

He needed to learn to play dirty and do the 1%ers well. Instead, he learned to do all the flashy stuff against kids, and now he’s playing against adults and that crap doesn’t work for ya.

Jake was still filthy when he got to the bench and the three other players there were laughing at him.It was a funny moment but it sums up his attitude and the rest of the team
Not sure who was on the bench but that could be the difference between a Manly junior, as opposed to a pack of blow-ins from western Sydney, with no cultural affinity (when they were growing up) with the Manly-Warringah district and our team. Jake is an inheritor of the mindset of great Manly forwards of the past like Bull, Randall, Krilich or Vautin.

Or am I reading too much into this? They were looking at a big winning margin at that point.

Shows we cannot afford to rest him again between now and September.

Last edited:
Not sure who was on the bench, but that could be the difference between a Manly junior and a pack of blow-ins from western Sydney, with no cultural affinity (when they were growing up) with the Manly-Warringah district and our team.

Or am I reading to much into this? They were looking at a big winning margin at that point.

Shows we cannot afford to rest him again between now and September.
His younger brother Ben was one of them!

He’s a nice kid, good person...but...not performing to a fg standard. Does he want a successful career? If so, he needs to train hard and run, run, run, until he is shape.

You know, there’s been many, many conversations about Schuster’s best position over the years on this forum. I’ve always wanted him in the forwards. A few good development coaches wanted him the forwards too. The concern was always that playing him at 6 in the juniors was going to hurt his development, and it has.

He needed to learn to play dirty and do the 1%ers well. Instead, he learned to do all the flashy stuff against kids, and now he’s playing against adults and that crap doesn’t work for ya.
Completely agree. I don't mean to disparage the person, it's his play that attracts my ire. It is so sad to think how we may have screwed his potential.

Well, we aint winning any premiership if thats the standard you accept. No point being brilliant in moments if you also allow that sort of garbage.
The part that upsets me a bit, is I was worried what the Cowboys game would do psychologically to our players. When we were up 36-12, I was happy that it appeared it would be a once off and we’d put it behind us. That it’s happened again, kinda concretes the psychological damage of that Cowboys game.

I am beginning to agree with you if he hands out that crap every time he comes on.

I am beginning to agree with you if he hands out that crap every time he comes on.
He’s such a nice kid and I don’t like saying it. I wanna see him succeed but geez the forum is an excuse-a-thon for Josh and sooner or later we gotta face the facts...he’s not performing.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8