Game Day: Manly V Sharks [Round 3, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Meanwhile the skies have opened up at 10pm along with the wind :cloud:

IMG_20160321_221337.jpg

I watched him closely tonight and he made about 25 hit ups and 90% of those were at DCE and Parcell.Couldnt of laughed any harder when he was held up by Parcell.He is soft and goes missing when things get tough
yup showed what a bully he is, and showed how much better our guys were.

DCE and Parcell were outstanding in defense today

Just watching the replay at nrl.com, I think dce and trbo tries were fine. Dud calls.

The "forward" pass was flat. 50/50 call for mine.

But the obstruction was a joke. He was through the line and DCE wasn't going to be tackled by any of those guys...

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
mosto, I actually didn't think Myles was that bad tonight. Sure he's a plodder and when you see him play sometimes you wonder how in hell he ever played so many Origins and Tests, but he doesn't take a backward step.

Tommy Symonds was great in defence tonight. I will happily eat my words on that one, as I have bagged him for conceding too many metres in defence in the past.

Vave is in danger of getting too heavy again. Made good ground however.

Our inability to,control the play the ball is a worry - Sharks rolled us down field quite a lot in the second half, as we couldn't slow down their bigger forwards.

Feleti Mateo was trying his guts out as well, charging out of the line a few times. Will be a very important cog for our attack.

It's nice to get the win but we played a very average team tonight. The Sharks were very flat and we did enough to get home. I hope we keep improving because we are still nowhere near playing well enough to challenge the better sides. A work in progress but glad the side showed some desire tonight.
The Sharks threw everything at us tonight and they were only as good as we allowed them to be .

Our inability to,control the play the ball is a worry - Sharks rolled us down field quite a lot in the second half, as we couldn't slow down their bigger forwards.

That first 20 minutes or so their play the balls were exceptionally fast, I noticed it right away, it was almost impossibly fast and we were lucky it didnt cost us, but a lot of the time they were playing the ball before our defenders were even on their feet

That first 20 minutes or so their play the balls were exceptionally fast, I noticed it right away, it was almost impossibly fast and we were lucky it didnt cost us, but a lot of the time they were playing the ball before our defenders were even on their feet

I noticed that too, but alot of them were from being tackled and crawling/walking another metre or three forward of the mark - one of my pet hates as it forces the tacklers to let go or get pinged for infringing in the play the ball. But that also shows the importance of dominating the tackle and getting them on their backs so they can't do that.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8