Game Day: Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Putting some thought into things it looks like Barrett has dropped AFB for Starling in order to improve defense. Given Gallen will run all day but is containable with good defenders and Fafita plays big minutes this makes sense to me.

It would have been between the 3 in Vave, Lussick and AFB, they offer good offense off the bench but their defense is far below BJ, Myles and Starling.

Buhrer was always straight back in as soon as he could prove fitness/no ill effects. Leary over Symonds I cannot agree with. Brown and Buhrer already have the Leary role covered. Symonds is more of a hole runner and give DCE options on the right. With more time together their timing will improve and passes will stick.

You guys are funny, a loss against the front runners , in front of a huge " home crowd " and you've given up.

Look, we are not going to finish in the top 4, and maybe not even the top 8 BUT it's all
not doom & gloom, it's just mostly doom & gloom and who knows , we might surprise this weekend.

You guys are funny, a loss against the front runners , in front of a huge " home crowd " and you've given up.

Look, we are not going to finish in the top 4, and maybe not even the top 8 BUT it's all
not doom & gloom, it's just mostly doom & gloom and who knows , we might surprise this weekend.

And we are playing the OTHER front runner, in front of their huge home crowd, so why should we expect a different result.

Blake Leary is hopeless (i.e. less than hopefull, he is without hope)....how in hell is he in this team over T-Red or Feleti?

Ladies and gentlemen.....we have a new James Hasson.

For mine the team should be (but obviously won't be):

Tom Trbojevic
Brayden Wiliame
Dylan Walker
Steve Matai
Matthew Wright
Jamie Lyon
Daly Cherry-Evans
Josh Starling
Matt Parcell
Nate Myles
Jamie Buhrer
Tom Symonds
Jake Trbojevic

Res - Darcy Lussick, Brenton Lawrence, Lewis Brown, Siosaia Vave.

If AFB is injured and being 'rested' in NSW Cup (um, if he's injured why is he playing?) then I understand Starling back in the side. As someone alluded to earlier also Baz might be looking at shoring up the defence against the likes of Gallen. But Brown is not a starter and Leary isn't a first grade quality player.

Fun fact: The last time Cronulla lost was in round 3 and it was against us. So I am hoping the fact that they are due for a loss and the fact that they always seem to turd it up against us comes into play this week.

Leary over AFB..............WTF! I'm over this ****e & Barrett. Our team is becoming a joke! Leary was absolutely useless last week whilst AFB was his usual strong self & he gets dropped. I've already given up on this season!

I couldn't agree more- Leary would NOT MAKE A FULL STRENGTH NSW CUP TEAM - (Manly ) provides zero ...
Slow - no size : no strength : can't beat or bust a tackle - and we all know he can't kick . It must be the 39 metres and 4 missed tackles last week that got him in again .. Lol

I'm using this as a guage:
No attitude adjustment: Cronulla by 18+
Attitude adjustment: Cronulla by 6- or some kind of Manly miracle win.
But I'm caring less and less. The Brisbane performance really bothered me.

And we are playing the OTHER front runner, in front of their huge home crowd, so why should we expect a different result.
And we played the other front runner in the cowboys at home recently and were absolutely towled up

Blake Leary is hopeless (i.e. less than hopefull, he is without hope)....how in hell is he in this team over T-Red or Feleti?

Ladies and gentlemen.....we have a new James Hasson.

For mine the team should be (but obviously won't be):

Tom Trbojevic
Brayden Wiliame
Dylan Walker
Steve Matai
Matthew Wright
Jamie Lyon
Daly Cherry-Evans
Josh Starling
Matt Parcell
Nate Myles
Jamie Buhrer
Tom Symonds
Jake Trbojevic

Res - Darcy Lussick, Brenton Lawrence, Lewis Brown, Siosaia Vave.

If AFB is injured and being 'rested' in NSW Cup (um, if he's injured why is he playing?) then I understand Starling back in the side. As someone alluded to earlier also Baz might be looking at shoring up the defence against the likes of Gallen. But Brown is not a starter and Leary isn't a first grade quality player.
Symonds has been one of our best defenders each week (not difficult mind you) and he gets 18 minutes last game in the second half and is dropped this week. FMD

Leary is rubbish and as you said Brown is a bench player at best. Vave was made to look like he was stuck in cement last week against the boncos

Can't wait for Barrett's press conference this weekend and zorba's column in the daily telling us how good foran is recovering

All we need is for parra to re-sign norman and sign hayne as well for next year and then the NRL to declare that parra are $500k under the 2017 cap

Last edited:
Vave's lack of mobility and speed against fresh players was exposed badly against Brisbane on Saturday night. He simply could not keep up with the opening pace of the game and as such had little impact on the game. That's why he's better off the bench because he's fresh coming on against tiring defences.

T-Red is no superstar. He's probably an honest toiler at best with some decent ball skills, but he offers a lot more than Blake Leary. I don't get it, T-Red goes from starting in our second row to 18th man for City, to the bench for us and to NSW Cup in the space of 3 weeks while Blake Leary is suddenly back in favour.

I'd rather play Skivy in the second row, Brown in the centres and have T-Red on the bench than have Blake Leary in first grade.

FOX Sports 1 Friday 10:30am; Saturday 6am

2013 Semi Manly v Sharks

Against all odds, we had injuries and Killer went down like he was shot near the end - but Manly WON :party:

That was more than a semi. That was a full on mongrel!!

Hey, is anyone else feeling that tingle yet? That faint warm buzzing feeling when you know something is going on. I'm feeling it now. It comes and goes but it's getting more frequent. I think we may be in for something special this Saturday night!! :rock:

Aahhh...no. It's my bloody phone. I have it on vibrate in my pocket. YES, vibrate. Why do you think??? Damn it :mad:

None the less, I can't wait for Saturday. Bring it on shark shaggers!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6