Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 2, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
21 4 Pines Park
17 Mar 2024 16:05
76:53 minute

Match Stats

Truth be told we should have won that by a LOT more than just 7 points.

If we ever actually click ... damn we're going to be tough to stop.
But we did not get our head down @HoldenV8
In years gone by we get blown away after not converting on opportunities but we never let the rirters out of the grind today… our forwards should be massively proud of their efforts…

FYI today is Garrick's 6th game at centre for us @BOZO

But you're right, he'll learn and improve.
The fact is it was not his 6th consecutive game at centre .
Round 25 last season against the warriors he played fullback
Momentum is only built on repetition

You say that but he has 24 runs and 230 run metres according to nrl.com. Every team knows they have to cover Tom so he often gets marked out of the game.
I expected that. Tupou had about 170+ m himself in a team that hardly had the ball, and his game was pretty ordinary too.

Of course, I expect teams are often going to mark him up and blunt his impact, but his hands let him down a bit today. I know we scored that first try, but Turbo should have been taking that bomb and scoring himself. Dropped the ball a couple of times, threw an intercept, and also failed to defuse a fairly innocuous bomb to put pressure on the team at a crucial time. It was far from his best, which bodes well for us if we can win with both he and DCE having ordinary games.

The fact is it was not his 6th consecutive game at centre .
Round 25 last season against the warriors he played fullback
Momentum is only built on repetition
I thought sandwich was very very good today… defensively he stood up and his runs out of our own end were excellent…

As much as the defensive reads down Garrick’s edge were a problem, it’s a very isolated concern in our defence. The contact and intent of our line won us the game today, not our attack. That’s a great sign. We won the middle and tired the Roosters out, nullifying their attack. They barely had the ball in our 20 all match because we did all the basics well. Completed our yardage sets (our mistakes were mostly using the ball in attacking zones), kicked long, chased hard and cramped the Chooks in their own end.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10