Post-Game Discussion Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
24 4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

They had Hopoate playing his first game of fullback and we basically didn't pressure him once all night with an attacking kick on a slippery night. In contrast They had cut price halves who are kids and stylisticly looked like they were kicking watermelons but still managed to cause chaos for our fullbacks and outside backs in contrast maybe what a dozen times ?
Good wet weather footy. Canberra are ordinary but they played proper footy.....we think we're rolls Royce's and just Swan about. Very deserved loss. Bravo

Geez...it's really hard to get a read on us. And yet, we could easily come out and carve up the Storm in an up coming game at home. Just need to out score them, that's all.

Seibold’s lack of hardness is rubbing off on the team. That loss was all coaching
Sadly I think you could be right. There’s no way a Bennett coached side loses a game like we did tonight.

I feel the focus in on our weapons and what we can do with the ball. You could see from the kick off, there was a distinct lack of energy, aggression and desperation in our game. Once that is established in a game, it’s very hard to flick a switch and turn it on. We just wanted to cruise through the game and go home with the two points, without earning them.

It’s criminal to have so much talent in a roster, and lose to a team with so little talent, but that were prepared to roll their sleeves up. In fact, did the Raiders even roll their sleeves up? I thought they were pretty ordinary but that says so much about us.

Stay optimistic.

You learn more from your losses than your win.

What I love is the coach wanted em to win tonight by showing more in game management and defence.

Tonight might prove a point to the boys on what the coaches are trying to get em focusing on at training.

A learning experience is a great thing.

Just as long as you do learn from it.

If not it's just a loss. Rinse. Repeat.
Trying to be optimistic, but jeezs..you just know we seem to produce these type of performances all to often.

Sadly I think you could be right. There’s no way a Bennett coached side loses a game like we did tonight.

I feel the focus in on our weapons and what we can do with the ball. You could see from the kick off, there was a distinct lack of energy, aggression and desperation in our game. Once that is established in a game, it’s very hard to flick a switch and turn it on.
All leadership

If give the C to Jake. He’d tear shreds of blokes for missing tackles. Chez just laughs it off and waits for his next Harlem globetrotter moment. Pathetic leadership

Even the best teams have games with silly errors.. that's why defence must always be your backbone. This team is trash. Statistically, already one of the worst defensive Manly teams, very similar to Barrett's tenure. Seibold won't last long if he can't address this. Shocking performance tonight

They had Hopoate playing his first game of fullback and we basically didn't pressure him once all night with an attacking kick on a slippery night. In contrast They had cut price halves who are kids and stylisticly looked like they were kicking watermelons but still managed to cause chaos for our fullbacks and outside backs in contrast maybe what a dozen times ?
Good wet weather footy. Canberra are ordinary but they played proper footy.....we think we're rolls Royce's and just Swan about. Very deserved loss. Bravo
Kris was at the back most all night for them I noticed.

Time is ticking on Siebold imo. Yes all things considered it’s the players that are soft but history suggests it’s the coach that suffers.

Seibold’s lack of hardness is rubbing off on the team. That loss was all coaching
Well Bennett wouldn't stand for DCE and our leaders trying to score off every play. Absolutely not.

Bennett teams have a history on focusing on defence.

So then think about what our coach challenged the players to show him at half time. He wanted defence and stop with the trying to score off every play.

That's Wayne like. That's hardness.

This is a team with a captain that is one of the greatest ever. But his one down fall he's never learnt to game manage after 14 years.

This a team that has had found defeat from unlosible positions way way before Seibs.

Perhaps I just differ, in that I choose to put that loss back into the players, not the coach.

His half time speech, given even when in front, his concern is else where, screams one thing. DEFENCE.

Last edited:
I often gave a sixth sense about whether Manly win or lose. I had it all afternoon.

The pre-match Seibold spiel about not taking the opposition lightly, made me think the team were going to take them lightly.

Mind you, a lot of luck went the Raiders’ way. One try directly off a knock on about 5m out, then one earlier, a few tackles after losing possession in a similar position, didn’t help.

Now we are forced to suffer Ricky rabbiting on in the presser about his players. He should have mentioned that Manly were the architect of their own destruction.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10