Post-Game Discussion Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
24 4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

F#ck me, we led 20 nil....
Schitts Creek Goodbye GIF by CBC

That was just painful and just confirms we are a couple of rungs below the very best teams.

But I remain optimistic.

I think the time to consign Lawman to reggies has come.

The dropped balls from Waddell and Lodge cost us big time as well.

I have real concerns over Tom's defence and positional play. He should have wrapped Whitehead up and where was he when Young scored ?
This is what I’ve been saying. Either Snake can’t communicate how to defend at fullback or Turbo isn’t listening. Either way, it’s pathetic that after a decade in the NRL, his defence is still awful. He doesn’t get in the right positions and even when he does, he’s lazy af.

That was like watching NSW v QLD and with 10 minutes to go and NSW up by 10 you just knew they would lose. Gee agree with comments above DCE what about the game management, 20 points up you can play the other side out of the game, you don’t need to score another 30 points.
What frustrates me most about the bloke is he doesn't play like that in Origin... but for us it's always points points and more points even when it's obvious we need control at certain times.

If he was going to learn it would have happened years ago. He's incapable of playing any other way. It's always fly by the seat of your pants footy...even when up by 20 on a wet night up your own end.

That's why folks on here been wanting to see composure from our captain.

He sets the bar for the team.

Credit to Seibolds. At half time. Score 20 to 6 he's challenged the players who were trying to score off every play. Said forget points show me defence.

That's a fail by the boys they couldn't follow through.

Mistakes are what you learn from.

After 14 years, do we have an old dog captain willing to learn a new trick.

But if this team cant learn how to manage a game and defend. It just doesn't deserve to play finals.

Well Done Seibs.
Have an awful feeling tonights game will be the template for whats going to come for the rest of the season were we rely on our attack to win games. Another similar game to come next week, f...knows.

This is what I’ve been saying. Either Snake can’t communicate how to defend at fullback or Turbo isn’t listening. Either way, it’s pathetic that after a decade in the NRL, his defence is still awful. He doesn’t get in the right positions and even when he does, he’s lazy af.
Or he's been playing hurts with something all year. Was it peck last year. He's shown a lack of strength to lock up an arm every game this year. Turbos not why we lost.

Composure.
Game Management.
Defence.

I think the track bias needs to be looked into at Brookie that’s 2 weeks In a row nearly all the points were scored at the southern end is it up hill or something

A bunch of weak minded leaders who soil themselves when things turn against them. A bunch of entitled prima donnas some of these senior players. They have no entitlement to think that any game is won before its finished. They've delivered this club NOTHING in all their time here and will continue to do so. I feel sorry for Jake he's the only one who tries and will never get a premiership.

Or he's been playing hurts with something all year. Was it peck last year. He's shown a lack of strength to lock up an arm every game this year. Turbos not why we lost.

Composure.
Game Management.
Defence.
The play at young at the end or lack of is part of why we lost.

Something has to be done about the mentality. We are racing out to leads in nearly every game but then switching off .. the talent is there, the intellect isn't.

Anyway, I'm over wasting energy trying to spell correctly after that dog sh1t performance, see you all next week when I no longer feel nauseus....

Two comments of past masters. Fulton always said the first thing you concentrate on in your game is defense. Fix that and a good team will win most of the time. Second comment was from Steve Mortimer. He said its not how you play the game, its whether you win or lose.

This side has tonnes of potential but its defense is shocking. They have 'also ran' written all over them at present. All of their games have been tight to the end, the win or lose coming in the last moments. Yet this team's attack should be getting them over the line easily in several of those game. A number of these players look good, but looking good doesn't win games. Its toughness. The defense issue is a major issue. I never played top grade, and I played Union, but I remember the coach drilling time and again about defense. Looking pretty scoring spectacular tries is meaningless if you play tiddly winks with the other side in defense. Don't let the other side score. None of the Manly coaches in the past 7-8 years seem able to get this across

Have an awful feeling tonights game will be the template for whats going to come for the rest of the season were we rely on our attack to win games. Another similar game to come next week, f...knows.
Stay optimistic.

You learn more from your losses than your wins.

What I love is the coach wanted em to win tonight by showing more in game management and defence at half time

Tonight might prove a point to the players on what the coaches have been trying to get em focusing on at training for weeks.

A learning experience is a great thing.

Just as long as you do learn from it.

If not it's just a loss. Rinse. Repeat.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12