Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 12, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
View attachment 8486

Isn’t old mate Todd copping it after this tweet re officials haha!

So far 83 replies and only about 4 of them (shock horror two are Raiders fans) agree with Greenturd.

When even non-Manly fans are saying we were robbed you know bad things have gotten because most are usually happy when we lose, especially if we've been screwed over. But as usual that spin doctor won't listen to the actual fans and will just push the company line that everything is going well.

View attachment 8486

Isn’t old mate Todd copping it after this tweet re officials haha!
What planet is that bald headed f wit on ?
Is he just trying to be a super dick head idiot or does it just come naturally
The inconcistancies , the out of the blue sun bins when player is 25 mtrs from the play ,the touch judge who should have had a white stick missing that omeba Leilua s Hand on the line
Give it away Greenburg you total fool

"A gutting loss"
We were going along great with a good lead until the wheels fell off ????
Ok so what happened ??
Clearly the 2 Cotric tries killed our momentum for sure,and as the replays show they were well executed.
At first glance Uate appears to be the reason why they scored ?, but again the replays confirm he was merely the scapegoat.
We had big problems in the lead up :

1-our line speed lacked urgency:
Poo should have got off the line to force Boyd to pass earlier, as the replay shows Boyd ran to far, but far enough to draw attention from our outside backs because running from an out to in angle were there there two big boppers although decoys,the trap to stall DC and Suli was well and truly executed! catching them flat footed.
Boyd goes out the back to Seizer and Uate sees 3 players coming at him.

2- Marker defender:
I'm not blaming Jake for not getting out of MD quicker to cut down Boyds time and space,but if nApi played he could have been 2 marker (100% different outcome) and Taupau goes back in the line

3-our defensive line :
For me coaching seems to be an issue because we keep seeing repetitive mistakes by players every week.
For instance Tom was no where to be seen (obviously in the line opposing Leilua ,Ropana)

I'm still that sad I'm going to drink a bottle of Spanish wine and listen to sad songs on youtube.

Wait! I've already drunk a bottle of red Spanish wine. It was from Spain (that's for @Woodsie)

But I posted I was going to do it and I've done it and now my secret as a time traveller is out in the open. Unless space time folded back on itself and then open is in fact squashed.

This multi dimensional existence is hard to keep track of. or should I say loop of? ah hahahahah loop! (Get it? a bit of time traveller humour there...or is it here....oh stop it global)

Who's on first?

Go Manly!
I didn't really understand this post :)

Arko is 88.....and he'd still do a better job as NRL boss than Greenturd does.
Without a doubt. I have so much respect for that man. And his wife is great to talk too as well. My daughter would've been about 9 when we met them. She's now 21, and said to me only the other day how different things might be if Ken was still around.

When Arko was NSWRL / ARL boss, most didn't like him because he came from Manly and they thought he favoured us with his decisions. But the reality is that we didn't get any more favours from him than other clubs got. We had the same salary cap, had to play by the same rules.

The only time I can recall a league decision that openly favoured Manly was when Graham Lowe got sick and couldn't continue as coach and the ARL allowed Bob Fulton to come back and coach us while also being the Kangaroos coach after the club sent Bozo an SOS.

As much as most non-Manly fans would hate to admit.....Arko was fair across the board. He was about what was best for the game, not just what was best for Manly or like we have today, the best for television benefactors or to push certain "growth" area's (e.g. Western Sydney).

1-our line speed lacked urgency:
Poo should have got off the line to force Boyd to pass earlier, as the replay shows Boyd ran to far, but far enough to draw attention from our outside backs because running from an out to in angle were there there two big boppers although decoys,the trap to stall DC and Suli was well and truly executed! catching them flat footed.
Boyd goes out the back to Seizer and Uate sees 3 players coming at him.

This is shown up every time it gets to a situation where a FG can win the game. Our opposition is able to put pressure on us with their line speed (often helped by being allowed offside without penalty), yet when Sezer kicked that FG on Friday we had only 2 players who got anywhere near him. Stevie Wonder could see a FG was coming, yet it was only Jake and Frank who put any pressure on.

We also have a worrying tendency at times (especially when fatigue is setting in) to move up about 2 or 3 metres in defence and then stop and wait for the ball runner to come to us. That leaves it open for the opposition to spread the ball. It also means that most times they are able to get over the advantage line fairly easily and make ground.

Unfortunately for us, last week was the offside chasing field goal directive from Todd. Granville copped the butt hurt on that one. Should be interesting to see what next weekends one will be facing JT?

Watching the replay of Canberra's tries on the footy show, tend to agree with suli being the main factor letting those 3 tries in. He stood still, then back pedalled and then by the time he came forward to make the tackle it was too late.

Just needed to move forward a little sooner and close it down

Watching the replay of Canberra's tries on the footy show, tend to agree with suli being the main factor letting those 3 tries in. He stood still, then back pedalled and then by the time he came forward to make the tackle it was too late.

Just needed to move forward a little sooner and close it down

And Uate's been copping a hammering on social media because of it. All his fault apparently.

Sympathy for Uate conveniently forgets the fact that he has been coming off his wing for a decade conceding tries. Whether any or all of these in the Canberra game are his fault is a moot point.One thing is for certain. It will happen many times this year.

It has been his signature play for a long NRL career. At his best he is a great sight with the ball but I honestly can’t think of a single player who has cost his side more games through unforced errors with or without the ball.

The very definition of the oft used phrase “ rocks and diamonds “.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7