Manly v Raiders GAMEDAY CHAT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
NRL:

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jason King (c)
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Joe Galuvao
Glenn Stewart

Vic Mauro
Jamie Buhrer
George Rose
Tony Williams
David Williams
Michael Oldfield
Tim Robinson

Alsafe Security Toyota Cup Under 20's:

Jorge Taufua Mark Falaniko
Tyrone Faliuga
Josh Portock
Brendan Liaina
Alex Taufa
Josh Drinkwater
Magnus Stromquist ©
Taylor Matthews
Samiuela Kei
Beau Bovis
Tim Burrell
Jason Annear
Luke Vescio
Nathan Cooper
Justin Lemalu
Paul Tuigamala
Joshua Ingram

NSW Cup:

Scott Blanch
Ben Shorter
Blake Davey
Dean Whare
Michael Chapman
Liam Foran
Gary Riccardi (c)
Matt Cross
Terence Seuseu
Junior Palau
Daniel Harrison
Mitch Jowett
Darcy Lussick

Kyle Lodge
Joseph Hawkins
Ray Moujali
James Cunningham

Raiders: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Thompson 5. Reece Robinson 6. Josh McCrone 7. Matt Orford 8. Dane Tilse 9. Alan Tongue (c) 10. Brett White 11. Danny Galea 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom
Interchange: 14. Glen Buttriss 15. Josh Miller 16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 17. Trevor Thurling 20. Sam Mataora

RE: Manly v Raiders Rd 9 teams

On paper and at Brookie we should give them a pasting, but bigger upsets have happened.

The Raiders will have a few more then us backing up.
Dugan, Thompson, Harrison and Learoyd-Lahrs.

I'd say Buttriss will start and Tongue will move from hooker to lock.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Foran and King picked......what about injury's
I have heard that king is unlikely to play and that foran is 50/50. Robinson will come onto the bench if king is injured and wolfman will come onto the wing if foran is out with a reshuffle in the backline

Gee, Darcy Lussick must be struggling if he can't get into the top 20. I thought he was going be be our next champion backrower. Anyone know how he's going in NSW Cup?

The Who said:
Gee, Darcy Lussick must be struggling if he can't get into the top 20. I thought he was going be be our next champion backrower. Anyone know how he's going in NSW Cup?

nah mate
if you noticed all our gun players under 20 dont play toyota cup they play in the NSW Cup

Pretty smart move by des the toyota cup isnt a real good stepping stone for NRL espeically for Forwards

MONDAY

MANLY SEA EAGLES v CANBERRA RAIDERS at Brookvale Oval, 7pm
Referees: Tony Archer, Steve Lyons

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/live-coverage-round-nine-nrl-teams/story-e6frexnr-1226049083851

Berkeley_Eagle said:
MONDAY

MANLY SEA EAGLES v CANBERRA RAIDERS at Brookvale Oval, 7pm
Referees: Tony Archer, Steve Lyons

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/live-coverage-round-nine-nrl-teams/story-e6frexnr-1226049083851

Oh, really.........well they're all pretty poor. At least we don't have that Muppet chechin.

love to see tim robinson back in the team, huge potential. anyone know how long hes signed up for?

Tim robinson is signed up for 1 year, id much rather him than Vic Mauro, no offence to Vic, i just see more agro in Robinson, the roosters game he made like 25 tackles in a space of 20 minutes

Cambo said:
The Who said:

nah mate
if you noticed all our gun players under 20 dont play toyota cup they play in the NSW Cup

Pretty smart move by des the toyota cup isnt a real good stepping stone for NRL espeically for Forwards

the only players in the Full time squad who who are eligible to play Toyota Cup are Hopoate & Riccardi.

Riccardi plays NSW Cup.

Sione Ala and Beau Bovis both have been used to fill up the NSW Cup team when they hae been short. They were selected from the players that missed selection in the Toyota Cup team that week.

All the regular NSW Cup forwards are U21 or older.

Maybe as the season progresses and the Toyota Cup team cant make the 8, it would make sense to use the better Toyota Cup players.

The Who said:

From what I hear he is going well, players player last week and he's scored 4 tries against the dogs. Both Des and Peters have talked him up yet he can't crack a game. I'd rather see T Rex spend a week or two in NSW cup to see how Lussick goes.

abcgrandstand
#nrl : A setback for the Raiders and NSW with forward Tom Learoyd Lahrs ruled out for a month with a fractured eye socket.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
abcgrandstand
#nrl : A setback for the Raiders and NSW with forward Tom Learoyd Lahrs ruled out for a month with a fractured eye socket.

Bugger it!... NSW could have used him.

It helps Manly's cause on Monday night but that's a blow to the Blues.

It will be interesting to see & hear the reception Matt Orford gets when he runs out. I can't help but feel sorry for him.... to think that only 2 & a half years ago he was on top of the Rugby League world and now he plays for a side that's lost 7 straight and the fan's are keying his car in anger.

The next two weeks are against two extremely desperate teams who are far more capable than their position on the ladder suggests.

Team I'm hearing at work today. Obviously won't be confirmed until an hour before game time. Couple of changes to forwards for both teams.

Sea Eagles
1 B Stewart
2 Robertson
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Hopoate
6 Foran (thigh is still corked but he will play through it, expect it strapped up)
7 Cherry-Evans
16 Rose (King is being rested a week with rib concern)
9 Ballin
10 Kite
11 Watmough (will play after being needled)
12 Galuvao
13 G Stewart

14 Mauro
15 Buhrer
17 Williams
20 Robinson (comes onto bench for injured King)

Raiders
1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joel Thompson
5. Reece Robinson
6. Josh McCrone
7. Matt Orford
8. Dane Tilse
9. Alan Tongue ©
10. Brett White
11. Danny Galea