Post-Game Discussion Manly v Penrith [Round 24, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Panthers
12 4 Pines Park
10 Aug 2023 19:50
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Penrith [Round 24, 2023]

Pre-Match Thread here

Game Day Thread here

MATCH DAY

Thursday 10 August 2023

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Penrith Panthers: 7:50pm.

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 12
Panthers: 24

366365808_863283728563210_9127033015926656468_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

366206775_863316125226637_8672217525877347961_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Shock NRL ploy backfires spectacularly

‘What a balls up’: NRL controversy explodes

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Dean Matterson was placed On Report for a Dangerous Tackle on Liam Martin at 40:27 and now awaits a call from the match review committee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can’t believe we were 12-12 at half time and I missed it, only to see this second half hot steaming mess of 2023 Manly 💩

This group of imbeciles (coaches and players)will be proud they only lost by 12-18. You watch hahaha..
Mate I enjoy your posts most of the time but tonight you sound like soup. A broken record.
I don’t think anyone of us expected a win. It’s Penrith. Best team of the last 5 years.

Brain explosions, dubious ref calls. Two players ruled out with hia. Not to mention missing our best two props, our best player. I’m just glad it didn’t hit 50.

Game was over by half-time with that fiasco of refereeing and dumb plays by us. We should've had an 18 point lead at halftime. Schuster was just a liability , incredible dumb plays.

F*ck off biff… expected a win did we?

They lost by 12 and had a bunch of terrible calls - hardly their worst game…
Aaaaahhh, another typical leftoid dumby spit.

We played dumb football.

The bad calls only highlight the stupidity of our tactics.

That game was there to be won.

We needed the coach to stipulate when not to pull the trigger.

Have a lovely night Francesca.

Mate I enjoy your posts most of the time but tonight you sound like soup. A broken record.
I don’t think anyone of us expected a win. It’s Penrith. Best team of the last 5 years.

Brain explosions, dubious ref calls. Two players ruled out with hia. Not to mention missing our best two props, our best player. I’m just glad it didn’t hit 50.
Problem is we have been seeing this crap for 9yrs now and it is quite frustrating…some of the things we done tonight and most other weeks do not exactly paint a picture of a premiership winning team as the owner said we are…which is soo far from the truth it’s delusional

Ah, well. The whole optimist thing wasn't sitting well with me anyway.

Penrith were beatable tonight. Unfortunately, as we've done so many times this season, we beat ourselves instead. Yes, we had no luck and got no help from some appalling refereeing, but we just make too many mistakes to be a good team. When it comes to playing style, there's adventurous and then there's idiotic, and we crossed the line into idiocy far too often to give ourselves any hope.

I'll answer that with this (this is how you embrace realism) - and provide accountability. Anyone who says they are proud of tonight's effort? I question their loyalty and dedication to our club:

Game was over by half-time with that fiasco of refereeing and dumb plays by us. We should've had an 18 point lead at halftime. Schuster was just a liability , incredible dumb plays.
Dumb plays and poor execution cost us… some bad kicks let us down…

Ref was woeful… how 3 referees can miss so many knock-ons has got me f*cked…

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8