Pre-Game Manly v Penrith [Round 24, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 24
4 Pines Park
10 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Journey Man
I hope there isn’t as many gaps in our defensive line as there is in this team list…..😉
Imagine how slow our middles are going to be with that many plodders listed !! It's going to be a bloodbath in and around the ruck up the guts, and Penrith are the team that take advantage of that **** the most. WAYYYYY too immobile, overweight, slow, lethargic, lazy there.

Add to that slow-as-old-bones Vaega on the edges and we are ****ed. He makes Jorge Taufua last few years look Usain Bolt like.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Imagine how slow our middles are going to be with that many plodders listed !! It's going to be a bloodbath in and around the ruck up the guts, and Penrith are the team that take advantage of that **** the most. WAYYYYY too immobile, overweight, slow, lethargic, lazy there.

Add to that slow-as-old-bones Vaega on the edges and we are ****ed. He makes Jorge Taufua last few years look Usain Bolt like.
Bit harsh on Ray Ray, he went ok against the chooks, no way I'd be dropping him. Also, if we were at full strength we'd be right in this.

Ryan

Journey Man
Bit harsh on Ray Ray, he went ok against the chooks, no way I'd be dropping him. Also, if we were at full strength we'd be right in this.
That's just deluded man. At full strength, we'd be right in this. Oooof. I'm guess then you've bought into the Premiership window, premiership team crap, because if you say we are comparable to The Panthers, that's what you're saying.

In that case, I'm sorry mate, you're as deluded as them haha.

Eagle 1

First Grader
That's just deluded man. At full strength, we'd be right in this. Oooof. I'm guess then you've bought into the Premiership window, premiership team crap, because if you say we are comparable to The Panthers, that's what you're saying.

In that case, I'm sorry mate, you're as deluded as them haha.
With Paseka and Lodge powering runs up the middle, and with Turbo, Schuster and DCE feeding off it, not saying we'd win but would be an intriguing contest all the same, not the forlorn game that it is now.

Ryan

Journey Man
With Paseka and Lodge powering runs up the middle, and with Turbo, Schuster and DCE feeding off it, not saying we'd win but would be an intriguing contest all the same, not the forlorn game that it is now.
Dude, they are STREETS ahead of us, and it's not even close. They could be half strength, and we could be full strength, and they'd still flog us.

You don't get it. We are probably the slowest team in the NRL, and that's not where the game is at. Having the game speed up like it has , has rooted us..

These lumbering forwards are a thing of the past, and we are stock piling them.

Imagine a running race of:
Condon, Jake, Aloiai, Tuilagi, Boyle, Schuster, Woods, Lodge, Croker, Sipley, Olakau'atu - it would actually be very funny to watch (comedic). These big framed , slow as barge boat players trying to eek out 100 metres haha.

The games moved past this.

Ryan

Journey Man
Manly by 8!

woohoo

rip in men

Go Manly!

Want to back that up? $100 on it? We can PayPal the winnings. Deal.or no deal? It'll make the game interesting and watchable at least...and forget the 8....I'll give you evens...if Manly win at all.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Jesus it's all Doom and gloom for this match, can't say I disagree, still going to watch and yell for them but maybe with one eye closed.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Want to back that up? $100 on it? We can PayPal the winnings. Deal.or no deal? It'll make the game interesting and watchable at least...and forget the 8....I'll give you evens...if Manly win at all.

thanks for your offer, but no thank you.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Dude, they are STREETS ahead of us, and it's not even close. They could be half strength, and we could be full strength, and they'd still flog us.

You don't get it. We are probably the slowest team in the NRL, and that's not where the game is at. Having the game speed up like it has , has rooted us..

These lumbering forwards are a thing of the past, and we are stock piling them.

Imagine a running race of:
Condon, Jake, Aloiai, Tuilagi, Boyle, Schuster, Woods, Lodge, Croker, Sipley, Olakau'atu - it would actually be very funny to watch (comedic). These big framed , slow as barge boat players trying to eek out 100 metres haha.

The games moved past this.
Hey, not disputing you're observations Ryan. Just saying, if Manly had a full strength side and with 4 rounds to go. Penrith are now preoccupied with thoughts of finals footy and may want to start to think on resting players. We probably would have more to play for than them, as we would of been a chance of grabbing 8th. Any ways, it's all pie in the sky musings by a frustrated Manly supporter..lol.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hey, not disputing you're observations Ryan. Just saying, if Manly had a full strength side and with 4 rounds to go. Penrith are now preoccupied with thoughts of finals footy and may want to start to think on resting players. We probably would have more to play for than them, as we would of been a chance of grabbing 8th. Any ways, it's all pie in the sky musings by a frustrated Manly supporter..lol.

They know they're finishing 1 or 2, so they'll be wanting to avoid injuries, thoughts turning to finals, and contracts, and possibly new teams, and fanta - should always think of delicious fanta...

then bang! Manly win! woohoo

never-lose-again-streak.gif

Ryan

Journey Man
They know they're finishing 1 or 2, so they'll be wanting to avoid injuries, thoughts turning to finals, and contracts, and possibly new teams, and fanta - should always think of delicious fanta...

then bang! Manly win! woohoo

never-lose-again-streak.gif

The computer says nnnooooo hehehe - their team listed is full strength:
1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Capri Racing & Syndications
2. Sunia TURUVA - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
3. Zac HOSKING - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Wisdom Dental & Denture Clinic
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Café at Lewers
7. Nathan CLEARY (c) - sponsored by Granville Plastamasta
8. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Innov8 Equipment
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing
11. Scott SORENSEN - sponsored by Montana Signs
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by You.Me.Brand.Now
13. Isaah YEO (c) - sponsored by Hix Group

14. Soni LUKE - sponsored by Chemtools
15. Lindsay SMITH - sponsored by Hertz
16. Matt EISENHUTH - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Jaeman SALMON - sponsored by Casella Express

18. Jack COGGER - sponsored by The Sporting Globe
19. Luke GARNER - sponsored by We Love Kitchen
20. Jack COLE - sponsored by We Love Kitchen
21. Tom JENKINS - sponsored by We Love Kitchen
22. Liam HENRY - sponsored by We Love Kitchen

40 nil

It's only a game ...
their team listed is full strength
Almost full strength. Two players are unavailable: Tago & Lenui

Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles are missing six players: Turbo (best player), Paseka, Aloiai & Lodge (three best props),Tuipulotu & Lawton.

Ryan

Journey Man
Almost full strength. Two players are unavailable: Tago & Lenui

Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles are missing six players: Turbo (best player), Paseka, Aloiai & Lodge (three best props),Tuipulotu & Lawton.

I'd put Keppie, Fainu, Bullemor (if you consider any of them a prop) in front of Aloiai.
Lodge has been here 2 seconds, you can't really place him top 3.
Paseka absolutely, he came along leaps and bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14