Manly v Parramatta [Round 3 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wolfie was robbed of a try in the first half. At normal speed it is a try every day of the week. Have a look at the Morris try for the Dragons. They gave that one even though he had as much control as Wolfie. The difference is Morris made a spectacular leap and no one wanted to take it off him.

How about Hayne MH370 plane blowing up at Maxwell after the DCE high tackle?
The Refs don't listen much, & less so if you talk like that.
Hayne went on to say it was
"disgraceful refereeing", haha!

Overall I thought we were so average it was embarrassing. We can and should be so much better. I know we had lots of players saying hello for the first time but we almost allowed Parra to score their first away win in almost 2 years! That was about as disorganised in many basic parts of the game as I can remember for years. I'm betting Tooves was ripping in after full time.

As much as I hate Bill Harrigan on triple m he said that wolfies try should have been allowed. Add to that the potential try called back for a dubious forward pass and Manly would have been up by 22 to nil!
Parra had a good 20 minutes in that game. We dropped far too much ball. Moi moi dives and they get a try off the back of that. How were parra the better team?
Cheer up, 2 points, players out, I will take that win, in the end it was a pretty gutsy effort, never say die stuff.
History has shown teams that get flogged the week before turn it around the next game. They threw the ball around and jagged a couple of tries!

Mark from Brisbane said:
My very best mate is an Eels fan

HappilyManly said:
Maaaaatai :angel:

What a win, against the Pinkos yet again :mad:

The rain just started, God loves Manly :)

A friend of mine is a Eels fan too Mark. I was keeping her informed on what the score was. With Manly facing a challenge in the form of the Roosters next round, I just told her that I think Manly just needed the win today. She replied saying: "The Eels need a win too"

Onto the subject of scoring right on the buzzer, Manly haven't done that since their clash against Cronulla in I think 2009. Michael Oldfield scored right on the buzzer to steal the win from the Sharks. You little beauty, Maaaaatai!!! :D

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

HappilyManly said:

A friend of mine is a Eels fan too Mark. I was keeping her informed on what the score was. With Manly facing a challenge in the form of the Roosters next round, I just told her that I think Manly just needed the win today. She replied saying: "The Eels need a win too"

Onto the subject of scoring right on the buzzer, Manly haven't done that since their clash against Cronulla in I think 2009. Michael Oldfield scored right on the buzzer to steal the win from the Sharks. You little beauty, Maaaaatai!!! :D

Brisbane, May, 2012 was the last time we scored on the buzzer to win. Wolfie in the corner off a magic Matai break and a good cross field movement ended with a magic Lyon flick. Wolfie scores, crowd goes silent, buzzer goes off

Be Happy, we are playing poorly and we are in 2nd place with only the chokers with more competition points.

A sign of a good team is doing only what they have to do to win in the early stages of the season.

Ralphie said:
Be Happy, we are playing poorly and we are in 2nd place with only the chokers with more competition points.

A sign of a good team is doing only what they have to do to win in the early stages of the season.

Exactly.
2 from 3 v Storm, Rabbits, Eels - I think most fans would take that, surely.

^ Yeah, very happy to take two wins from three, which could very easily have been three from three. The problem is, it could also have very easily been none from three.
But it's early days and we've got lots of improvement to come.

Mark from Brisbane said:
My very best mate is an Eels fan, I can only but imagine the text I'll get!!

I can relate. I fly to London on Wed to be groomsman at a good mate's wedding. He's a big Parra fan. I look forward to wearing a Manly polo when I get off the plane & can't wait to see his face in the arrivals lounge :D

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

HappilyManly said:

we were still in our 20 when the buzzer went.

A friend of mine is a rabid Eels supporter & Hayne lover. She went off on Facebook yesterday about how the Eels were robbed and put 2 photos up showing Manly not playing the ball properly twice in the lead up to the final try. Very sore loser!!!!

1964998_679192722137450_170012225_n.jpg

There was another one in Manly's final set for the game winning try too.

Then again each time you can see the Eels markers still have hold. So maybe the referees were playing advantage.

Brissie Kid said:
1964998_679192722137450_170012225_n.jpg

There was another one in Manly's final set for the game winning try too.

Then again each time you can see the Eels markers still have hold. So maybe the referees were playing advantage.

Both of those should have been a penalty to Manly with the markers clearly pushing the Manly player around.

Yep, they're the photo's during the rounds. A Bronco's supporter said that the Eels players were pushing Manly but of course she denied that! Whinger.....

wedgetail eagle said:
How about Hayne MH370 plane blowing up at Maxwell after the DCE high tackle?
The Refs don't listen much, & less so if you talk like that.
Hayne went on to say it was
"disgraceful refereeing", haha!
everyone says how bad Killer is with the refs,I have seen the 3 games parra has played,and hayne is way worse than Killer,he always crosses the line,but gets away with it

Right, I've not seen Hayne in action before, says a lot about his character the way he talks.
At least Lyon's approach is a within the boundaries of a man to man conversation, & not a 2 year olds rant.

NRL apparently not going to sanction Hayne. Not that I think he or anyone should be. Free country etc.

The NRL only brought in the rule that captains couldn't speak to the referee so they could get on with the game and not give the tv time to replay the incident and prove the captain & players as being right. Saying they did it to speed the game up is a smother.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8