Pre-Game Manly v Panthers [Round 5, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
06 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few similarities to the start of last year showing. Start the season with 2 wins in somewhat flawed but overall good performances, lose the third against good opposition in controversial circumstances, and then dish up **** the following week. The Knights draw in Mudgee last year wasn’t as bad as yesterday but it was pretty garbage compared to how we looked in the first three games.

We then played Penrith and had 40 put on us. At least this year we have them at what should be a packed out Brookie and without Cleary. Another performance like yesterday and things could become very dire very quickly

The w
If Penrith don't put 50 on us they are having a bad game.

I was expecting to be 2-3 win after round 5 and that's where we will be.
The only real win is the Roosters, they are a premiership threat, the Souths game is a nothing game as they have won almost nothing since mid last season and are travelling worse then us.

We can still turn it around and sneak into the top 8, I had us around 8th at seasons end and that hasn't changed.
The week after is also another tough game ..... Warriors away

I would be surprised if there are any significant changes to yesterdays team. I’m expecting seibs will allow the squad an opportunity to make up for that ****ing embarrassing performance. A similarly inept performance against the Panthers will see heads roll. Although, there aren’t many players jumping up and down saying pick me in Reggie’s. I think Parker would show some pride in the jersey if selected. I have been supporting the team for over 50 years and can’t remember feeling so disappointed in the team. I keep asking myself RUOK and I keep telling myself I’m not.😢

If Penrith don't put 50 on us they are having a bad game.

I was expecting to be 2-3 win after round 5 and that's where we will be.
The only real win is the Roosters, they are a premiership threat, the Souths game is a nothing game as they have won almost nothing since mid last season and are travelling worse then us.

We can still turn it around and sneak into the top 8, I had us around 8th at seasons end and that hasn't changed.
It's going to be a close comp with Penrith the one to beat again. With 2nd to 8th spot, as Jonathon in Survivor would ssy...is now up for Grabs..

I would be surprised if there are any significant changes to yesterdays team. I’m expecting seibs will allow the squad an opportunity to make up for that ****ing embarrassing performance. A similarly inept performance against the Panthers will see heads roll. Although, there aren’t many players jumping up and down saying pick me in Reggie’s. I think Parker would show some pride in the jersey if selected. I have been supporting the team for over 50 years and can’t remember feeling so disappointed in the team. I keep asking myself RUOK and I keep telling myself I’m not.😢
Burbo and Talau will come under scrutiny you'd think. Thought Paulo went well did some good carry's of the ball and looked more settled.

Not sure if you watched it. The reserve grade team played even worse than 1st grade. The club stunk it up in the gong yesterday

Would be nice if Lodge was fit for this game, drop Aloiai to cup start Toff and have Lodge come off the bench… I have no idea why Aloiai continually gets a walk up start it’s frustrating he offers us nothing
Are you sure you’re watching this years games? Mate Aloiai has been one of our better forwards this year! Firstly I’d drop Brbo & replace him with Waddell. Our forwards were not the main problem against the Dragons……our senior players were off! Trbo, DCE, Jrbo, Croker!
Paseka
Croker
Aloiai
Olakau’atu
Waddell
Jrbo
Res:Lawton, Sipley, Brown, Brbo

I can see us getting up for this game and somehow winning. We are that inconsistent and mentally weird of a team. Especially as it's confirmed that Nathan Cleary won't return till after the bye and Liam Martin is out as well as JFH. With a sell out Brooky as well, watch us do it.

Are you sure you’re watching this years games? Mate Aloiai has been one of our better forwards this year! Firstly I’d drop Brbo & replace him with Waddell. Our forwards were not the main problem against the Dragons……our senior players were off! Trbo, DCE, Jrbo, Croker!
Paseka
Croker
Aloiai
Olakau’atu
Waddell
Jrbo
Res:Lawton, Sipley, Brown, Brbo
Watched every game mate and can’t say Aloiai has stood out at all, whats he offer? He has had 3 tackles breaks all year 0 offloads and missed 5 tackles.. I think we would be better off without him. (Jake’s stats are way worse)

I do agree with you about Brbo I don’t think he has grasped his starting spot a cup stint might be what he needs.. watching Blacktown yesterday was a worry I don’t think anyone there deserves a call up.

The riff minus Cleary , Martin and Fisher-Harris is still way better than our mess. Yeah we'll play better than yesterday but I still expect us to fall over with bumbling, fumbling, confused direction from the leadership. We didn't look like scoring with a mountain of ball against the goons how the fuk do they think they'll find a way through the riffs stonewall defense.

Here’s my take , for what it’s worth.

We played really well in round 1 & 2.

Round 3 v our arch enemy , at their stadium , was always going to be hard.

Oh sure we lost , but 28-24 is hardly a flogging and the no try pulled back by the bunker would have seen a 32-28 win.

So we go to the Gong , as red hot favourites and I think they thought it was going to be a stroll in the park.

And it wasn’t.

In fact St Merge really took it to us and we not only couldn’t handle it we absolutely capitulated, it was like murder on the Orient Express.

So in round 5 we are back home v the 3 peat premiership winners and clear best side in the comp.

BUT they have 3 big guns out , and our players ( after watching the vision of the dressing room yesterday ) have a LOT of redemption to make up.

I’ll be very surprised if we don’t put on a performance for the ages , wether it’s enough to win is anyone’s guess but I’d be gobsmacked to see a repeat of yesterday.

You’ve never seen a game from Tommy like that of yesterday , and I doubt you will again, he’s a champion , and he ( and the whole team ) will be really hurting.

Don’t give up yet.

I really don't care that much about our early season form. I care about how they are playing in September, the only reason these matches matter now is because we need to keep banking the 2 pts as much as possible to be there come September.

Hopefully these losses don't end up being the wins we desperately needed like the equivalent matches were last year.

This was a worth while listen, in short basically saying concentration is the main issue and staying switched on for the 80 minutes.

1711891061537.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10