Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
32 Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 15:00
89:09 minute

Match Stats

Harper is not the reason we lost. Nor is Parker, Tippytoes or Garrick

It’s the forwards who cannot dominate the ruck for long periods in a game who cost us the points. Sure, the Knoughts had the stronger three quarter line, but they were in a position to score because of the generally lackadaisical, non-aggressive nature of Manly’s pack.

Throw in Emile Ola’s brain explosions and the team were lucky to get away with a draw.
Agree it's attitude. 1 percenters lazy crap I seen last year.
Here one I noted early what was Jake doing passing to Paseka ??? Paseka a middle not a bloody edge and Jake but the ball under your arm.

Agree it's attitude. 1 percenters lazy crap I seen last year.
Here one I noted early what was Jake doing passing to Paseka ??? Paseka a middle not a bloody edge and Jake but the ball under your arm.
There was a bit of that throughout the game. Jake wasn’t the only offender.

I'm inclined to agree with @Terry Zarsoff in that unlike others I'm not blaming individuals...though the brainsnaps by Haumole didn't help us.

Case in point, granted Harper missed 5 tackles (but he wasn't the only one) but he did 27 tackles and ran 145 metres, which isn't poor and I don't get his bagging here.

My summation of the game is that as well as suffering the affects of last week's GP game, I think we were a bit too caught up in all the hype of being in Mudgee for several days, with not enough focus on the game at hand. Knowing they were playing the Knights, and based on our past wins there, would not have helped our intensity.

Good grief we are (for the most part) an emotional bunch.

We were flat today, didnt play well as a team and some individual errors cost us.

We are third, fourth at worst after this round.

Get a grip.

And I say that with love and knowing that venting is healthy.

Last edited:
I'm inclined to agree with @Terry Zarsoff in that unlike others I'm not blaming individuals...though the brainsnaps by Haumole didn't help us.

Case in point, granted Harper missed 5 tackles (but he wasn't the only one) but he did 27 tackles and ran 145 metres, which isn't poor and I don't get his bagging here.

My summation of the game is that as well as suffering the affects of last week's GP game, I think we were a bit too caught up in all the hype of being in Mudgee for several days, with not enough focus on the game at hand. Knowing they were playing the Knights, and based on our past wins there, would not have helped our intensity.
The coaches job to get them up for it. Clearly something went wrong. Next week will probably be a loss. The record won't be looking so rosy.

How could there be any affects from last week's GP game, it barely lasted a minute, and ifs that's the reason we'll be stuffed for next week

Im very concerned with our outside back depth. I cant believe how much we missed Koula today, his speed could have created a couple of tries on that edge, instead Harper was run down by forwards.

If Tippytoes is out next week, who plays? Vega is rubbish and just as slow as Tippy and Harper.

Hopefully the Schu is back as well. Johns looked out of place today. I know Weekes is seen as spark from the bench, but he has to start somewhere in the backline. Lawton in the 14 jersey.

Ive always been against this before, but if Turbo can't run, and lets be honest, he can't..put him in the centres and Weekes at the back.

I thought we were a shoe in for the 8, but now after seeing our depth, injuries could cause a serious dampener on that ambition.

Im very concerned with our outside back depth. I cant believe how much we missed Koula today, his speed could have created a couple of tries on that edge, instead Harper was run down by forwards.

If Tippytoes is out next week, who plays? Vega is rubbish and just as slow as Tippy and Harper.

Hopefully the Schu is back as well. Johns looked out of place today. I know Weekes is seen as spark from the bench, but he has to start somewhere in the backline. Lawton in the 14 jersey.

Ive always been against this before, but if Turbo can't run, and lets be honest, he can't..put him in the centres and Weekes at the back.

I thought we were a shoe in for the 8, but now after seeing our depth, injuries could cause a serious dampener on that ambition.
I agree that Weekes must be given more game time, and he has been open about wanting to play in the spine, but I don't think moving Turbo is the answer.

The coaches job to get them up for it. Clearly something went wrong. Next week will probably be a loss. The record won't be looking so rosy.
Yep, too much hype.

Not probably, next week will definitely be a loss.

Harper has too many holes in his game. It wasn't just the missed tackles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4