Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
32 Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 15:00
89:09 minute

Match Stats

Well that was a shocker! Manly players clearly flat, combination of the draining Souths game and being overwhelming favourites and getting a fast start in this one.

Discipline killed us, Haumole twice and Weeks giving up dumb penalties. Otherwise they both played well.

Getting the draw is a lucky escape but I'll take it. A loss would have been very deflating.

He is a good tackler but is so slow that once his opposite player gets on the outside of him it’s over. He and Garrick got an absolute bath from Gagai and Young today which is concerning given that’s meant to be our stronger defensive side.
I can’t disagree with this. In saying that a lot of the space for the outside is created in the middle, and we were very poor there for about 60minutes. Didn’t deserve a point but will take it.

Emotions aside I think we will be happy with 1 point if you look at the players we have lost - Schu and Koula before the game, Tui and Burbo in the game, Crocker playing on 1 shoulder. This should give some guys a go in 1st grade - Vaega will come in for Tui, Sipley comes into the bench which gives a bigger sized bench.

We should have finished this off but Knights played it smart and attacked with their best attacking options against our weaker defensive side of Parker/Garrick.

We are not far off from a full 80 minutes, the Bye came at the wrong time for us and now we need to build momentum again.
Lol at Parker/Garrick being our weaker defensive side. Everything else is spot on.

We didn't deserve that draw.

Some of our attack and defencive decisions were beyond questionable we weren't set for any of their kicks and how they didn't wipe us out was just luck.

Our right edge was diabolical. Harper I mean I feel for the guy but FFS he was poor and too hard to spell outside him makes Jorge tafua like crazy decisions in defence, add his injury to him and you may as well have had an inflatable crazy arm car lot guy out there.

**** it's hard to watch and at my age getting harder, I'm going to take up bird feeding or some **** instead

Not helping is that they have now played two extra time games in a row.
Agree we may match Panthers for say opening 20 but I see us falling away badly next week.

We will be lucky if the scoreline is the same as the raiders Panthers game last night.

Then storm to follow at home

Heads could easily start to drop from our young team.

Madness. He is only 4 games back and still assisted or was involved in almost all of our tries, while having literally zero help from the rest of our spine. The only other player who looked dangerous was Weekes and he just wasn’t out there long enough.

If you want to question his lack of defence that’s fine, but right now that’s an issue for every single player out there besides Jake. Absolutely dreading what the actual good teams we having coming up are going to do with us given how easily we leak points.
I suppose I may be expecting too much from him but to me he's much quieter in both attack and defence than I've seen him in a long time, perhaps it's a confidence thing but I'm used to seeing more from him

Boys have been reading their own press it seems. Seibs included going by his tv appearances.

Big week working on effort or Penrith will pants us.
Seibs the defensive mastermind!
Johns and Harper the reliable back ups...
A tough 'Manly mindset' in the middle, and brilliance in our outside backs. Recruitment making great decisions, a professional and exciting new era...

Des must be having a quiet giggle to himself.

This year's sh*tshow is only just beginning folks

Seibs the defensive mastermind!
Johns and Harper the reliable back ups...
A tough 'Manly mindset' in the middle, and brilliance in our outside backs. Recruitment making great decisions, a professional and exciting new era...

Des must be having a quiet giggle to himself.

This year's sh*tshow is only just beginning folks
I hope your not right but today smelt alot like last 8 games of last year.
Lack of effort areas, not chasing halfback when kicking, fighting in tackle for quick play the ball. It's all the 1 percenters.
And dumb**** penalties Weekes and Olakau’atu

Very upset we let ourselves get into the position of having to chase points and GP
Oka great player but 2 dumb and unnecessary mistakes cost us 3 try’s I think
Harper is hopeless always running up and missing his man and his lack of speed makes the Parker Harper combo terrible as Gaygai just ran around then many times
Jake outstanding
DCE game management today and few 5 th tackle options not the best
Johns shiwn up today hopefully schu back next week
Next week team
Vega for tippy toes if injured
Weekes for Harper (he is just too slow with bad technique)
Schu fir johns
GT brought into the 30 and number 14
Sipley for burbo
I have lost my voice , my heart is racing and I’m sure my BP is thru the roof
Anyways Go Manly as always!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9