Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 32
Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain where we are at with GCKT. He was 18th man in round 1 when he was apparently not in our top 30 and hasn't been in an extended squad since, we've had that deadset terrible trade with the Dragons today which has supposedly opened up room for him and he's still not there?

Today's teamlist with Harper back feels a bit like a Des teamlist, though I'm not concerned as we should belt the Knights anyway. But the lack of a proper 9 is going to keep hurting us against quality teams as we saw vs Souths and will likely see vs Penrith next week. Not even asking for Croker to be dropped - just get Gordie on the bench!
Guess he got a new deal for 2024. He can play in Round 11 which isnt far away.. probably just going to wait till then. Unless injuries occur.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Chris Butler
Referee

Dave Munro
Touch Judge

TBA
Touch Judge

Grant Atkins
Senior Review Official

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears Croker may not be fit for this game, so assume Lawton will start again. It seems a forlorn hope that Gordon will be upgraded this week & selected in the team....

So Harper comes in . Seibold believes he is the best option , I would have liked to see Weekes or Garrick or even tippy given a run there , So I’ll just get a sausage roll on the hill and back Harper for first try scorer

Centre in for a centre and no backline jenga? What is this thoughtful, simple, logical stuff? Surely we need to move Weekes to FB, Turbo to wing, Garrick to centre and Parker to prop so Vaenga can ... oh ok I'm tired
Spot on mate. It’s the change that ensures the least disruption to our line up.

Garrick hasn’t played centre, Kaeo hasn’t played centre, shifting Turbo isn’t the answer.

Selecting Harper is the sensible option for the month Tolu is out.

Knights starting side isn't too bad, but no shock to see Manly are raging favourites.
Fitzgibbon can score a try but he's not the most convincing defender. He'll get sick of being trampled by Haumole all afternoon.
Aside from that, we'll get a lot more from our bench than the Knights will.
Looking forward to a strong Manly win for sure.

Spot on mate. It’s the change that ensures the least disruption to our line up.

Garrick hasn’t played centre, Kaeo hasn’t played centre, shifting Turbo isn’t the answer.

Selecting Harper is the sensible option for the month Tolu is out.
Yet if Des selected this team with Harper in he would of copped it left right and centre.. this weeks team is exactly like Des would of picked tbh

Yet if Des selected this team with Harper in he would of copped it left right and centre.. this weeks team is exactly like Des would of picked tbh
Seibold has been selecting the forwards in a different manner to Des with Jake as prop, Aloiai as lock and Bullemor as a middle on the bench (of course, many of us would prefer even more innovation in selections).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4